What Beverages are Included on NCL?

Rowan555

Forgive me if there are threads on this already, the search feature is not working for me right now.

As we're new to NCL, I'd like to know what beverages are included with the cruise fare. Is there filtered water available on the Lido Deck? What about iced tea? Are juices available at breakfast?

Thank you! We're so used to Carnival that I'm freaking out about all the little NCL details we don't know about yet!

I think the NCL beverages are comparable to Carnival. All the water on the ship is excellent quality. There are the usual lemonade, tea and coffee for free on deck.

Thanks! I mostly drink water, but my kids can be a bit finicky. I wanted to know what to expect so I could prepare them.

For breakfast: milk. tea. coffee, water, orange, grapefruit, and cranberry juices.

For lunch and dinner: milk, tea, coffee, water.

Sodas are not free.

I always bring kool aid products for flavored drinks. My doctor has stopped by soda habit.

The powdered Crystal Light mixes make great drinks, and take virtually no space or weight in your luggage.

Bring a large, insulated mug with a lid. Then, fill 'er up with ice in the buffet and mix up a batch of your favorite drink. And for the grown-ups, maybe a "spike" here and there...

For breakfast: milk. tea. coffee, water, orange, grapefruit, and cranberry juices.

For lunch and dinner: milk, tea, coffee, water.

Sodas are not free.

I always bring kool aid products for flavored drinks. My doctor has stopped by soda habit.

So they no longer have lemonade?

So they no longer have lemonade?

Oh I forgot about lemonade. They have it for free but for some reason its a build it yourself thing. You get these cool lemon wedges and sugar, then take your cup of water with a spoon........ :D

I have been on 3 NCL cruises since 2004 and never have seen lemonade available (at no extra charge).

My kids mostly drink lemonade and fruit punch on Carnival. Well, I'd rather they drink more water anyway...

My last cruises were Celebrity and Carnival, and I recall lemonade and punch. Maybe NCL does not compare in that regard.

I do remember the free cruise line lemonade was OK, but it had something about it that rendered it not-so-good as a mixer. Coincidence? I think not.

I do remember the free cruise line lemonade was OK, but it had something about it that rendered it not-so-good as a mixer. Coincidence? I think not.

Probably not a coincidence, but when you can't have caffeine (which means no iced tea they have) you look for something else.

Our last cruise was with Princess and we brought a lot of the crystal light packets... looks like we'll be doing it again.

if you ask they will tell you it's not allowed. i have brought soda on all my cruises..no problems. on the last cruise, NCL to alaska, we left from seattle, my SIL lives there. in her luggage she had water for her and her father, 2 6-pks of pepsi for us, 1 6-pk of dr pepper for her husband.

on past cruise, we found the pepsi sitting in the ice bucket..chilling.

to a search of this board and you will find many posts on carrying on sodas. most of us do it...within reason:D

Oh I forgot about lemonade. They have it for free but for some reason its a build it yourself thing. You get these cool lemon wedges and sugar, then take your cup of water with a spoon........ :D

HA HA HA :D:):rolleyes:;):eek:

Never had lemonade either on all my NCL cruises.

Lots of folks w/kids "save" juice from breakfast so it's there in the fridge for later on.

Besides the cranberry and OJ, I recall apple and maybe some days grapefruit. We've also asked for pineapple and gotten that.

Water is excellent quality. We just bring on a couple bottles of H2O and then refill them for excursions. A lot cheaper.

For the non-kids, don't forget about the complimentary cappuccino & espresso avail. in the DR's at every meal.

Some ships also have (Jewel & Pearl) excellent capp., latte & espresso makers in the Garden Cafe available anytime.

Other options are: bring your own sodas, etc (this is allowed) or purchase an unlimited soda card (pricey, but worth it if you consume a lot of beverages.)

Does anyone know what a soda card(sticker) coston a 9 day Southern cruise on the Pearl? We are set to sail in November 2007 and can't wait.

Thanks,

Vikki

Archived