How do you book your Celebrity Cruises?

Sky Sweet

How do you book your Celebrity Cruises?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. How do you book your Celebrity Cruises?

• Directly through Celebrity by phone
    • Directly through Celebrity on their website
    • Local storefront travel agent
    • National travel agency with a local office
    • National travel agency by phone
    • Internet travel agency that is only reachable by the internet
    • Internet travel agency that is also reachable by phone
    • My traveling companions book my reservations for me
    • Other - explain below

My first two I booked with a local TA, but since then I have use 3 different online TA's, including 3 cruises with an email only online TA. Knock on wood, never had a prolem that wasn't quickly resolved. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again if the price was right.Currently my cruises are all booked through an online/phone/email TA that is wondeful, I see no reason not to continue using her services.

For the past several years, we have booked our next cruise while on board one of the ships to take advantage of the credit. Given the changes in the on board booking policies, we are much less likely to do that, and will most probably revert to the more traditional methods.

ever since we decided that we were as knowledgable as most TAs concerning our needs and availability, we have booked directly by phone with cruise companies, X included. It has been so much better without having to deal with a middle man/woman who technically owns our reservation. No OBC or bottle of wine has been worth the aggravation of going through a third party. In so doing, we have made great contacts within the reservations departments of several cruise lines:)

I have to say, I've booked several ways. Like Greeneg, my favorite way has been to book onboard, and then transfer booking to the cruise I want as soon as that cruise opens for booking. That way I get a great cabin choice and the credit. I've also booked directly through the website.

I used online agencies for the two non-X and non-RCI cruises I've taken. They were both inexpensive and left from my hometown, so I felt like I could take a risk. The agency was very helpful when I saw price changes or wanted to negotiate an upgrade.

Since X/RCI don't allow discounting, I haven't seen as much of a benefit for using an agent. I somewhat enjoy watching the prices and negotiating. However, that doesn't mean I won't change someday.

I agree with Ed & Darren.

But most significantly, I book often.

All our bookings listed in my signature are booked direct but I'm open to bribery close to final payment deadlines. Some agencies pay well to switch. Without the bribe, being able to contact X directly is much easier than calling the TA to call Celebrity and then call me with the solution.

Booked our first Celebrity cruise through an on-line/reachable by phone agent. While on that cruise, we booked our second Celebrity cruise, and later transferred it to another on-line/phone reachable TA who offered an incentive (prepaid gratuities). That TA is very willing to honor price drops I find, but after the second price drop withdrew the incentive offer. So, I'm no worse off than I would have been by keeping the booking directly with Celebrity, but next time I think I will be much less likely to switch to a TA. Booking on-board for a cruise a year or so away has the benefit of getting that small OBC as well as dealing directly with a knowledgeable Celebrity agent with advice about cabin selection, etc.

David

We usually use proven internet-only agency. They are efficient, respond to emails quickly, adjust pricesif necessary and cancel without fee. Although lately we had couple of cruises booked directly throgh the cruise companies. In some cases we booked through the company and then transferred to the internet-only company to get some points/money.

FYI . On our next Celebrity cruise in Oct we saved about $500 booking on line instead of booking directly with the cruise line

For our next April cruise on a luxury cruise line the saving was $1200.

It does pay to shop around when your spending the kind of money charged these days by the cruise lines..

Bill, may I ask how you saved $500.00?:eek:

I thought TA's were not permitted to discount X or Royal

Cruises.

Now if they gave you perks worth $500 bucks I could see

using that TA;)

Bill, may I ask how you saved $500.00?:eek:

I thought TA's were not permitted to discount X or Royal

Cruises.

Now if they gave you perks worth $500 bucks I could see

using that TA;)

Not $500, but we were given perks, which in turn were paid in $.;)

And I will not book through any agency that charges for cancelling a cruise booking prior to final payment date nor charges a "processing fee".

Booking direct protects me against the "gotchas".

We try to book while onboard so we get our onboard booking credit. If something comes up that is last minute and we don't want to pass up we call our 'bigbox' travel agent. I guess RCCL's Next Cruise program should take the pressure off of 'planning' ahead.

Tatka, I think we use the same agency. The last 15 cruises have been booked through the "Internet only/email only" agency, however they are a bit out of favor with HAL, so we did find a better deal with a large internet company that just happens to be in our hometown.

Enjoy!

Kel

My last Celebrity cruise was booked through the Internet and they did offer free insurance which was worth over $200 for two passengers. They also thru in some kind of a small onboard credit. Since the price was the same as booking through Celebrity we went with the Internet agency.

Tatka, I think we use the same agency. The last 15 cruises have been booked through the "Internet only/email only" agency, however they are a bit out of favor with HAL, so we did find a better deal with a large internet company that just happens to be in our hometown.

Enjoy!

Kel

If we are talking about the same site, I don't think they are in favor of HAL. They do however have nice search mechanism and quote system. :)

I have booked our last three cruises directly through the cruise line, and that has worked out very well for us.

Prior to that time, I used local full service travel agencies, as well as a local cruise only travel agency. Our worst experience, by far, was with the "cruise only" travel agency.

I voted "Other" because I usually book through my step-sis who works from her home in a Cincy suburb, but still is an agent for a travel agency in Indy. When she moved several years ago due to her husband's job, the agency didn't want to lose her. They helped her set up a home office so she could remain with them. I like booking with someone I know and can rely on. Twice we have booked with another agency because we went with friends and wanted to book together, but I was not as happy with the service. Last Jan. DH and I were on the same MR cruise with Greeneg and wife. We also booked our next cruise on that cruise--the first time we'd done that and just before the changes came to be. But of course the booking was later transferred to Joni, my favorite TA.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords + 3 nights in London

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ

Archived