Hotels in Stockholm

forshping

We will be cruising from Stockholm to London next year. We plan to arrive in Stockholm 3 days early but do not want to use the Oceania hotels. Can some of you please tell us the names of hotels where you stayed and how they were rated. We are looking for 4 star in the central district.

Hi. Here is our experience, 60 year old couple. Hotel Rival, August 2006

We selected the hotel by researching tripadvisor. On arrival for our two-night stay, the clerk let us know about a planned city event, a "midnight" 10 K race running past the hotel. Happily, I needed a run anyway so we walked to the nearby stadium to sign up. The hotel is by a small park, in a nice, but not too quiet, area. We had an upgraded room, which is the same smallish size as others, but has large french doors opening to the park. Sounds nice, but alas, they don't do air conditioning, and the big open windows let in noise from the pretty young things going in and out of the nearby nightclubs at night. No fights or loud music, just folks talking and calling to each other until about 3am. We were on what I would call the third floor, so higher floors, or cheaper rooms in the back, might be quieter. The room has lovely furnishing and fixtures, like living in a modern art museum. Bedding was great. Bathrooms, you wouldn't believe how opulent. This place is perfect for younger, hipper, well-off travellers. Perfect for honeymoon, if the weather isn't hot (to be fair, it was only in the high seventies). I did run the 10K (11000 participants) through the streets of Stockholm, in 56 minutes.

We stayed at the Grand Hotel a few years back before a Baltic cruise on the Regent Voyager. We booked it on our own through AMEX PC program - did not go through Regent. The experience was outstanding - pay a bit extra for a water view room - it is an active waterfront. While centrally located and convenient to "Old Town", we were not disturbed by noise.

We will be cruising from Stockholm to London next year. We plan to arrive in Stockholm 3 days early but do not want to use the Oceania hotels. Can some of you please tell us the names of hotels where you stayed and how they were rated. We are looking for 4 star in the central district.

Hi,

We are just about to book - considering the

Best Western Mornington Hotel

Nybrogatan 53

Box 5197

102 44 Stockholm

www.mornington.se

What date are you booked for? We sail from Stockholm on June 4, 2008. Have booked Alla for 3 days in St. Petersburg and have room for a few more fellow cruisers.

Hi,

We are just about to book - considering the

Best Western Mornington Hotel

Nybrogatan 53

Box 5197

102 44 Stockholm

www.mornington.se

What date are you booked for? We sail from Stockholm on June 4, 2008. Have booked Alla for 3 days in St. Petersburg and have room for a few more fellow cruisers.

Yes, we are interested in Alla; we leave Stockholm 6/4/08 and will be traveling with another couple. There will be four of us; what will the charges be per couple and what exactly is your itinerary with Alla? Who will you be booking your hotel with? We have heard great things about these hotels: Elite Palace Hotel, and the Grand Hotel so we want to check into these hotels.

All things considered, the Grand is a wonderful place to stay in Stockholm. The location is perfect, a few minutes walk both from the Old Town (Gamla Stan) and the main shopping district. The evening smorgasbord in the restaurant overlooking the harbor is a memorable event. This hotel is indeed expensive; but check out special deals on their website. Sometimes there are offers which are quite decent. You can't have a better location in Stockholm. Cheers, Fred

Yes, we are interested in Alla; we leave Stockholm 6/4/08 and will be traveling with another couple. There will be four of us; what will the charges be per couple and what exactly is your itinerary with Alla? Who will you be booking your hotel with? We have heard great things about these hotels: Elite Palace Hotel, and the Grand Hotel so we want to check into these hotels.

Please contact me off list regarding the tour details in St. Petersburg there is an email address in my signature line.

BTW I just sent an email to the Mornington for a reservation as I could not get their web site to book the room. We always (if possible) book with the hotel directly.

Archived