Where do you keep your sail card?

Hi

I was wondering where everyone keeps their sail/room card. I tend to lose the key at least once during the cruise. On my first 7-day cruise with HA, I lost my key 2 times and managed to lock myself out of the room at least 3 times in the first two days. I ended up getting a lanyard in my second port and have them punch a hole into my card. I kept it around my neck and did not loose the key after that. With my last 4-day cruise on RCL, I managed to keep my key with me.

This time around, I will be going on another 7-day cruise with RCL up to Alaska. Is there anything that I can buy to hold the key around my neck or should I bring the lanyard and have them punch a hole in the card. For those that wonder, Yes! I am 32 yrs old. My saying is that if it isn't attach to me, I will lose it.

Thanks

Jennifer

I keep mine in my pocket but I do have one of the plastic neck safes that you can buy on the ship. It is waterproof and is big enough to hold my sea pass, license, credit card and some money. I would bring your lanyard so you don't have to worry. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Is there anything that I can buy to hold the key around my neck or should I bring the lanyard and have them punch a hole in the card.

You may be able to find some kind of "ID holder on a string" - maybe at an office supply store? - with a plastic sleeve to hold the ID. http://www.giftsforprofessionals.com/92545335-1999.html

I have done the lanyard as well, and I am considerably older than you are!

I also had pretty good success with one of those key chains that is a stretchy circle of "phone cord" with a ring for the keys. http://www.maximum-value.com/628.htm

I don't typically lose my keys, and that's what it is! I keep mine in a small purse--(I have to have my comb and lipstick!!!) Hubby keeps his in his pocket, just like he'd keep small bills (if he needed them!)

I mean, you don't walk around a hotel with your key on a lanyard around your neck, do you?? Why would you do that on a ship?

Hi

In a hotel, I keep a fanny pack with me that has my hotel key and money. On a cruise, I don't like to run around with a fanny pack or a purse. So, I put money in safe. Last time, I put the key on a lanyard and put it underneath my shirt. NO one knows.

What is suprising is that I have seen many people do this on other cruiselines.

Jennifer

I can't stand something around my neck, but I have a wee wallet/purse with a long strap that will fit across my shoulder. I keep a little cash, a credit card and ID along with seapass in it. It's also what I sometimes take when I go ashore.

in my pocket

one day it didn't work so had to get it redone at guest relations, but that was the only problem with our cards - apart from son using his to spend all our money in the arcade and internet room :eek:

Hi

Great ideas. I may just find the wrislet or a wee wallet and use that. I will also have a camera with me and I am sure I can slip it in there.

The tough part is that I am going alone so I don't have a husband, wife, or friend to pass the card too.

Thanks

Jennifer

Why, I bought the cruisecritic.com lanyard of course!!! http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/index.cfm :-)

Daytime around my neck and as I entered the cabin it got hung on the hooks by the door where the room service things are located. Nightime I just unclicked the bottom part and slipped it into the pant pocket or suit jacket.

It was sort of fun having the cc stuff around - except my door magnet mysteriously disappeard on the last day............

Archived