family staterooms

99florida

Can you book one of the FV cabins for just two people? Is there a chance that you would get bumped if a family wanted to book it after you did? Are these CC ? Would like very much to try to get one on a future cruise as we enjoy the balcony and could also host get togethers with friends!:) :confused: Thanks for any information.

thanks everyone for taking the time to download your pics.

this is exactly what i wanted to see in comparison to balcony size.

we had one of these rooms on the century but it did not have a balcony.

the sliding door to the sofa area (where our children slept) was awesome.

if i recall there was plenty of storage space too.

at the time they weren't called family staterooms.

at least the one we were in wasn't as it had a huge window but no balcony.

did the century go into dry dock and have these balconies added on?

i guess that i can check by going to the website myself

thanks again!

99florida,

we were in those Century aft cabins back in 1997 but now they have added balconies to those cabins making them FV. The catch is that they are conventional sized balconies with a deck area that does not even approach the FV balconies on the Millennium class ships.

yes, I see the huge difference.

now if only the m class ships would sail the carribean during the summer or during our school breaks.

alaska was great but the cost to fly is up there causing us to do a b2b then the $$$$ gets tight.

we're on the jewel over thanksgiving with 2 aft cabins. looking forward to sailing on her

thanks once again to all!

Can you book one of the FV cabins for just two people? Is there a chance that you would get bumped if a family wanted to book it after you did? Are these CC ? Would like very much to try to get one on a future cruise as we enjoy the balcony and could also host get togethers with friends!:) :confused: Thanks for any information.

We tried to book for 4 and told we needed 5 persons. We basically decided it was better to give the two teenagers there own cabin and take our own cabin. They said they open the FV cabins if not booked. However, Celebrity pricing is based on number in the cabin so prices change depending on how many book.

You might be able to book two people; we've managed to do this twice although in both instances we were doing non-peak, 14 night cruises. During holidays, forget it.

These cabins do not receive CC benefits, but I personally find these benefits to be largely useless to begin with. I've said before that I'd easily take one of these cabins over a SS and probably a CS.

Thanks for the information about possibly booking these cabins for two. I don't care about having a CC either and am more interested in the cabin itself. I was not interested in Holiday times. The time would depend on the itinerary more than anything. I guess it won't hurt to try when the right cruise comes up. Thanks again.;)

Thought I would chime in with our recent experience. We had a family room aboard the Century for the 12 night Artic circle cruise last month. It was wonderful and had plenty of storage and privacy doors between the sleeping areas. We did not use the balcony that much, but it is slightly larger than our usual CC cabins. We booked the room with 4 people and ended up lowering that to 3 people as our daughter roomed with someone else in our party. Celebrity was just fine with that. To be honest the room would sleep 4 but I can not imagine how 5 would fit in the cabin.

Hope this helps.

Thought I would chime in with our recent experience. We had a family room aboard the Century for the 12 night Artic circle cruise last month. It was wonderful and had plenty of storage and privacy doors between the sleeping areas. We did not use the balcony that much, but it is slightly larger than our usual CC cabins. We booked the room with 4 people and ended up lowering that to 3 people as our daughter roomed with someone else in our party. Celebrity was just fine with that. To be honest the room would sleep 4 but I can not imagine how 5 would fit in the cabin.

Hope this helps.

I have a question? Did your per person price go up when this was changed to 3 persons. I ask because I am new to Celebrity and was told these rooms ae priced based on the number in the room, x price for 4 and x price for 5 persons

I have a question? Did your per person price go up when this was changed to 3 persons. I ask because I am new to Celebrity and was told these rooms ae priced based on the number in the room, x price for 4 and x price for 5 persons

Huh. I thought the price was the same for the first 2 people based on the cabin and then they add a fee (e.g. $399) for any additional people, regardless of the cabin... That's what happened with us on the [former] FOV on Mercury...

We were able to book 2 people in an FV on the website for a late 2008 cruise. The price was (relatively) dirt cheap - we actually wanted a CC cabin on the stern but none were available. For $100pp more each we have an FV instead. I think we did well...:)

We were able to book 2 people in an FV on the website for a late 2008 cruise. The price was (relatively) dirt cheap - we actually wanted a CC cabin on the stern but none were available. For $100pp more each we have an FV instead. I think we did well...:)

Is this on Century

Archived