Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale near Cruise Ship Terminal

Luvtotrav

We are taking an Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on 2/27/05 and will be arriving a few days early. We would like a decent hotel close to the terminal. It doesn't have to be a 5 star, just some place nice, safe and affordable. Any suggestions?

From Minnesota

You are traveling in prime time. I'd suggest something along SE 17th... so you'd have plenty of restaurants, shops, etc. you can walk to. It's a safe area... and a hop, skip and jump to Port Everglades.

I agree about a hotel on 17th Street. Anywhere along that street you are very close to the port. AmeriSuites is okay, everyone seems to like the Embassy Suites and we've stayed at the Renaissance. Great area for restaurants and you are within few miles of the port.

Hi:) the one I know that allows complimentary parking is Amerisuites. It is about 1 block off of 17th Street. Still near all the shops and restaurants and they offer a free shuttle to the port as well.

The Marriott and Renaisance do not offer free parking. The Amerisuites and I believe Comfort Suites do. You can leave your car at Renaissance for the week for a fee, don't remember what it is, but it was a little cheaper than parking at the port.

Terri

Do you know anything about the Best Western Marina Inn? It's at 2150 SE 17th?

Your profile shows Ft. Myers, FL~were you affected by the hurricane at all?

From Minnesota

lovetotravel didn't answer but I will I live just before FortMyers Beach and we were so luckey the beach had some damage but nothing like they had in PuntaGorda. Lorelle:) :)

Try the Courtyard (by Marriott) Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. It opened in March. They have free shuttles to and from the airport and will take you to the ships on weekends. It's next door to a new Bass Pro Shop for last minute supply purchases. They have a pool and laundry room. Nice new and clean. We stayed there in March with two children.

Have a nice cruise.

I agree the Best Western Marina is dumpy compared to the Marriott Marina and Renaisance. We have stayed at all three hotels, the Marriott and Renaisance had cleaner larger rooms, nicer eating facilities and a short walk to the market and other Restaurants (Bravo Italian Restaurant is our favorite). The Best Western Marina reminded me of a old Holiday Inn were you have to lug your luggage upstares and then walk outside to your room. Make sure your curtains are closed because who know who walks by and looks in your room.

The Best Western Marina did have a nice outside cabana bar by the pool, but when we were there the cabana was was overrun by people attending a sale seminar. Also, the view if you can get a room facing the Pier is great as you are just opposite the ships.

I paid more for the Best Western Marina than the Renaisance as I was able to get the Renaisance for $85 thru price line and the Best Western cost about $135.. I booked the Marriott Marina for our next cruise thru Price Line for $75. I bid $75 for either a 4 star or 3 star and got the 3 star this time.

I hope this helps.

Semper Gumby

Lori

I've never tried bidding on hotels before. I suppose I'm a bit worried that I'll end up with one that I don't care for and any savings on room rates will be negated by having to pay for parking. The more I read tho..it does seem to be the way to go.

We were there this past July and stayed at the Embassy Suites. They should meet your criteria. It's close to both the airport & Port Everglades, airport & port pick-up & drop-off are included. We like the idea of having the suite as opposed to just one room. The facilities are very nice and you also get a full breakfast every day. There's much dining within walking distance.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: Don't use the Ameri-suites at 17 street we did twice and both time we had trouble with our res. and this time with the room not being clean {no I'M not hard to please} but We will not go back there!!!:eek:

Hi Jim, sorry you had trouble at Amerisuites.:(

From another point of view, I had no problems at all:) . Clean room, no problems with my reservation, let me leave my car on the property at no charge for week as well.

Different experiences for both of us.

We have stayed at two different hotels in Ft Lauderdale the night before a cruise. Our favorite is the Embasssy Suites and they have a number of rooms allocated for triple AAA members at a discount. The Airport Sheraton on Griffen Road is also nice but its location is not as convenient. That hotel also has triple AAA discounts.

Sun, thanks for the compliment:) I wrote another review (of my 2nd sailing on the same ship) which was in January of this year.....I sent it on to the "Powers that Be" but it never got posted:( . But I am glad you enjoyed reading my first one:D

When I stayed at the Amerisuites I booked it through Orbitz.....and at that time I paid 69.00.

Can anyone tell me about the LaQuinta Hotel, Motel at the airport? Do you know if it honors AAA?

Have never booked a pre cruise hotel on my own so I need lots of help. Which is the best way to book?

Thanks for help. All of you cruise critic cruisers are the best.

Mary Beth

Archived