Airline Tickets From Princess

paulette602

Unless you want to pay top dollar all flights it seems are long and several changes. I am flying next month from San Luis Obispo, CA to Greensboro, NC. I have 3 plane changes and leave at 6 AM and get into Greensboro at 6PM. Flying from West to East adds to the overall trip time but, I wanted the cheapest cost I could find. However, the cheapest flights left SLO in the evening and I would have arrived at mid-morning; having spent many hours in an airport between flights. Airlines have cut costs by cutting flights.

BE CAREFUL!! They routed me thru 2 cities and 2 changes of planes. It will take me 6 hours to get there to make a 2 hour and 15 minute direct flight!!:mad:

.....this seems to be more common with the cruise lines booking the air......we always book our own air to be sure we get the route and cost we want.....;)

We booked our air through Princess and were worried when it came down to a few days before we left and had not received any tickets. We were assured via our TA that the airline did e-tickets- that we would just show ID when we got to the airport. At first this made me very nervous but it all worked out fine.

The only downside is that we had multiple stops and long lay-overs. On our flight home from Fort Lauderdale to Chattanooga we had a 6 hour layover in Miami.... this was not fun at all.

We are actually getting ready to book a cruise for Jan 08 and are trying to decide whether or not we should just book our own air!

......We are actually getting ready to book a cruise for Jan 08 and are trying to decide whether or not we should just book our own air!

Unless you are getting a deal from the cruise line you simply cannot come anywhere near matching ..... I recommend do your own. With the search engines now available you can do all the what ifs and get the best price and be able to choose when you want to leave and arrive.

And then you will not be worring about...... when will my tickets arrive, how many stops and plane changes will be have to do, what cities are we changing planes, will they put us on a redeye (most likely yes), what airline will they book us on.............??????

Our tickets through Princess are about $50.00 a person cheaper than we could have booked on our own. We have one layover each way. In Seattle on the way to Vancouver change planes 45 minutes. On the way back is a two hour layover in Anchorage. The flights are better than we would have chosen on our own.

Last cruise we booked our own and landed 3 hours prior to leaving port. We sweated the whole trip afraid we would get delayed.

Things get crazy, don't they. We did a deviation on our last one from Venice to Columbus, Ohio. They originally had us having two stops leaving at 6:30 a.m. (The ship overnighted in Venice.) We had it changed to leaving at 11:30 with only one stop in Philadelphia. It cost us about $150, but was well worth it. Our TA picked up Princesses (is that right???) fee for changing it.

Ironically, we talked with a couple who lived in Philadelphia and they had two stops before getting there. Ours was direct to Philly.

If at all possible, book your own flights. I added the cruise air to my itinerary with my TA and have now cancelled, as I got direct flights from Toronto, Ontario to San Juan leaving at 6:30 in the morning and my return is at noon. Princess couldn't even come close to the price I got and the return times we really bad. We would have been sitting around the airport on our return for several hours with a connection in Miami. It just so happened

We booked our air through Princess and were worried when it came down to a few days before we left and had not received any tickets. We were assured via our TA that the airline did e-tickets- that we would just show ID when we got to the airport. At first this made me very nervous but it all worked out fine.

The only downside is that we had multiple stops and long lay-overs. On our flight home from Fort Lauderdale to Chattanooga we had a 6 hour layover in Miami.... this was not fun at all.

We are actually getting ready to book a cruise for Jan 08 and are trying to decide whether or not we should just book our own air!

We have had no problems, so far, using Princess Air and it has been cheaper than doing it on our own, even after paying the air deviation fee. We found out recently that our upcoming flight price went up after we paid Princess so it was cheaper to do it through them. And, with travel insurance on top of that, if for some reason we have to cancel the cruise, our flight is covered. I haven't flown on this particular airline in 14 years and DH has never flown on it so doing it this way worked out great for us. We also got the flight times and seats that we wanted. Our traveling companions always book their air through Princess and have never had any problems either. Sometimes it costs a few bucks more but it can be so worth it depending on your specific situation.

If at all possible, book your own flights. I added the cruise air to my itinerary with my TA and have now cancelled, as I got direct flights from Toronto, Ontario to San Juan leaving at 6:30 in the morning and my return is at noon. Princess couldn't even come close to the price I got and the return times we really bad. We would have been sitting around the airport on our return for several hours with a connection in Miami. It just so happened

Cruise air is very situational. Princess quoted me economy fare more than what I paid first class for cruise air between Houston and San Juan.

However, I have twice booked air for European trips with the cruise line. In both cases cruise air cost less and included land transfers, which are often very pricey.

Fortunately, I had excellent flight connections both times which isn't always the case.

The only thing to do is shop it around and go independent if the price/itinerary is favorable AND you are comfortable doing so.

There is comfort value-added for many in choosing cruise air. There's both the hand holding and the guarantee that the cruise line will get you and your luggage to the ship.

Archived