Funnest activity on seadays?

Cinderelli

My favorite Sea Day activity is the Hairy Chest Contest! I think it's absolutely hilarious to watch a bunch of middle-aged (or older) guys--one of whom is my DH--sucking in their guts :eek: as they compete against ONE nineteen-year-old (with only one chest hair--lol) who actually has abs! :D

We also enjoyed the not-so-newlywed game! The entire audience was laughing so hard, I'm surprised we didn't all pee our pants! It's a must-see! (Just be aware that some of the questions and/or answers may not be appropriate for children!)

I love it when it's 5-ish somewhere in the world! Relaxing, books, nearly 7x24 cocktail availability. Since I'm not one to drink and drive, or be a Parent when I'm on a cruise, I take advantage and have a cocktail earlier than I would ever at home.

Hoping to be looking out from the ship's rail with a cocktail in one hand, DW in the other, at 12:00 watching everyone board the ship.

They should extend the Hairy Checst contest to the Hairy Back contest. I remember being young with a limited number of chest hairs and my DW and I would laugh at all those gross "old" guys with hairy backs. Well...

They should extend the Hairy Checst contest to the Hairy Back contest. I remember being young with a limited number of chest hairs and my DW and I would laugh at all those gross "old" guys with hairy backs. Well...

LOL....DH is in the same circumstance! He says the hair from his head is migrating to his back! But he's still sexy in my eyes! So long as he doesn't develop (.)(.)

May sound corny. Most enjoyable thing---finding that quiet spot whether it is your balcony, a chair on the promenade deck or one of the overhangs on the front of the ship and just listening to the sounds of the sea while reading a good book or just enjoying the view. I truly enjoy that or the afternoon nap while being gently rocked by the sea.

I loved the tea time. Our first cruise my 3 kids and my mom did tea time. Its only for half an hour.. and you get served tea in tea cups. (any kind of tea imaginable. then they bring the little cakes around. (like on a cruise we cant get enough of eating...lol. They play classical music very softly so we can all chat about our days that we spend in the ports. Gave my kids real quality time with granny.

My favorite thing to do on a sea day is to grab a book and a drink and lay out on the lido deck, feeling the breeze and listening to music, ahhhhhh this is paradise to me!!

The newlywed/not so newlywed game is always one of the most amusing things to do on a sea day. I always laugh my a** off and trust me that's a lot of laughing!:D

Terri

Looks as though our first sea day will be spent trying to figure out how to keep the DW out of the 'Port-of-Call' preview and planning to spend all our $$$ in port so the DS and I will have some money left to spend on the rest of the cruise.. We have 'ports' four days in a row.. :eek:

The last sea day will be relaxation at it's finest!! YAWN!

Are there activities planned the majority of the time on sea days?

This is my one concern about our cruise - I am worried that we will be bored stiff on our two sea days, since I am not one to just sit around and "relax". I feel like I always need to be doing something or I am wasting vacation time (maybe its just me).

Will we have trouble filling the time?? :confused:

mirrijay, don't worry. The Capers will be filled with activities for sea days. There will be more than you can possibly do. You will only be bored if you allow yourself to be. Some of us enjoy boredom!:)

Wine tasting was interesting. Meets at the Point Restaurant on the Conquest.

Getting drunk on free champagne during the art auction.

Now my favorite. Taking my DW, getting a bucket of beers (Budweiser of course) and going down to the Lobby deck and out the doors to the shady padded lounge chairs. Never crowded, always a good breeze and hard not to fall asleep before finishing off the beer. A floating heaven, it is.

Interesting that the Conquest, at least on our week in early July, did not have one scavenger hunt.

Archived