NCL.COM Vs. Old Seaweb Booking Engine-Post Your Likes & Dislikes...

Ted Pulaski

Well, the old seaweb site is no longer available to the US market.

I liked the old site and am not happy.

Here are a few of my dislikes.

Please post YOUR likes and dislikes....

Dislike - No option to drop travel insurance costs and see the price with doing the math in your head.

Dislike - Itineraries(sp) no longer show whether you are docked or tendered. This, to me, is very important and is often a deal maker or breaker.

Dislike - "Page Expired" every time you use the back button-you have to re-enter ages, promo codes etc. as you shop between the cabin categories.

Likes - None, so far...

How about you?

Are their advantages that I am not seeing?

Only two advantages I have found.

The first was critical for me - you can select your cabin by number and see if it is available on the NCL website. I was able to find one of those aft cabins that everyone here says are great for my cruises.

Also I was able to actually book and pay for my cruise online. Never had to talk to anyone and I have a cabin and cruise that I think I will love.

Now going back and checking for price changes or quick quotes while shopping :mad:

Dislike - No option to drop travel insurance costs and see the price with doing the math in your head.

Dislike - Itineraries(sp) no longer show whether you are docked or tendered. This, to me, is very important and is often a deal maker or breaker.

Dislike - "Page Expired" every time you use the back button-you have to re-enter ages, promo codes etc. as you shop between the cabin categories.

Likes - None, so far...

How about you?

\

This was an irritant to me, and then I discovered that, if I refresh the page rather than keep going back, and then click "retry," all the information is still there. It would be easier if I could just use the back button, but at least I don't have to put all the information in again. I'll definitely agree with Catamount that the ability to select a cabin by number is wonderful, but I don't like having to put in the ages of the passengers. I don't know if I have to do that because I click the over 55 category, but I don't see the need for actual ages since you'd have to supply birth dates if you do book.

Since the latest "upgrade", I can find my reservation on the NCL but I can no longer look at it. So I can see what day I sail but absolutely no other information. :(

I'm having the same the problem. When I e-mailed NCL with a screen shot of the error this is the response I got:

Good Afternoon,

Please be advised of the following information:

We know about this error message , it has been reported . Sometimes when you retrieve your reservation it will work and sometimes it doesn’t. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

NCL Internet Support

What kind of answer is that??? It doesn't state anywhere that they are working to correct the problem. If I had that kind of response from my IT department there had better be some explanation as to why it sometimes works and why it sometimes doesn't and they had better be working on a solution. This in IMHO is a horrible response.

Likes - None, so far...

How about you?

Definately Miss the old seaweb site. Really enjoyed using it for future cruise research. Was nice to see specific cabin # availability, descriptions and pricing of course.

Silver Girl, thanks for the tip about using the "refresh" rather than the "back" button. It does work just fine, although what's up with not being able to go back?

I don't like to stop to put in two ages before it will let me proceed. That could come somewhere later in the process, I think.

I love being able to search by cabin number!!! That's a huge plus.

Since the latest "upgrade", I can find my reservation on the NCL but I can no longer look at it. So I can see what day I sail but absolutely no other information. :(

Should I be concerned ? I went to NCL.com and can see my reservation but when I select it I can not see the details and get this message:

Res Validation. Category is no longer available.

Should I be concerned ? I went to NCL.com and can see my reservation but when I select it I can not see the details and get this message:

I wouldn't be concerned as long as you see your reservation, I think it means

Your Reservation is validated and there are no more cabins available in the category. Plus it seems they are still working on the site.

Went to register for Oct. cruise about 20 min ago and got that all famous respond that site is temp. down. AGAIN. So I came to CC to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problems and here's this great new thread that I'am sure will receive alot of responds to. Actually can say, I hate the new site and will miss the old:(

That is the same thing I am getting. See NCL's response in the above post. I started getting this error Monday after the system came back up.

I like that I can check which cabins are available, by cabin number.

Seaweb allowed me to see my previous bookings and it also had cabin details (sizes etc) neither of which seem to be available on the new site.

I used to be able to get to a page that would give me specific info about a specific cabin ... I mean LOTS of info about what was included in that cabin. Square footage of cabin and balcony, amenities, etc. Much more than the current site gives you when you cursor over a cabin on the deck plan.

I miss that....

Archived