Are there no more Celebrity "Specials"?

C 2 C

Despite my "interesting" contacts with Celebrity Captain's Club, I monitor the boards daily for future sailings that go "On Sale".

Xciting Deals site has not been updated in three weeks, unless there is a new link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/XcitingDeals_CEL_tues.pdf

Exceptional Offers:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/CEL

and Celebrity's Special Promotions site:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/specials/promotionList.do

Has anyone found even a listing of "Seniors" specials other than that advertised by on line agencies?

promotionList.do

"Exciting deals" are not necessarily issued every week. I am an agent. I don't necessarily monitor when I don't get them but I did get one on 8/23.

I checked the agents' page and there are very few Celebrity senior deals through the end of the year but a number of RCCL.

Despite my "interesting" contacts with Celebrity Captain's Club, I monitor the boards daily for future sailings that go "On Sale".

Xciting Deals site has not been updated in three weeks, unless there is a new link:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/XcitingDeals_CEL_tues.pdf

Exceptional Offers:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/CEL

and Celebrity's Special Promotions site:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/specials/promotionList.do

Has anyone found even a listing of "Seniors" specials other than that advertised by on line agencies?

promotionList.do

No, senior specials are few & far apart, but we did get a very good deal on Jan 4/08 - Galaxy from Toronto to San Juan as they dropped the flight considerably for a short period of time. Also the Oct 30/08 on the Constellation repositioning looks good. You just have to find the cruise you want then check it every day.

There is a Tuesday special today on 2 sailings:

The 13 night Connie sailing out of NJ starting at $999 inside and

the 14 night Infinity sailing through the canal staring at $1049.

Your TA should know or call Celebrity direct.

I received two online agency emails announcing the sale.

"Senior" specials are not advertised on Celebrity's website -- you must ask for it. Plus, it only applies to certain categories -- not the entire ship. What you should be looking for is the "lowest available rate" -- it can be lower than the Senior Rate. Again, you must ask for it -- it will not automatically be quoted. If you are a repeat passenger, that might also change the rate.

MARAPRINCE

"Senior" specials are not advertised on Celebrity's website -- you must ask for it. Plus, it only applies to certain categories -- not the entire ship.

There is a certain "Vacation" company that has a separate heading for 55+ rates that I peruse regularly.

I'm still waiting for X to offer a similar service or heading in their specials site.

The 13 night Connie sailing out of NJ starting at $999 inside

I just booked this today directly through Celebrity for the $999. I have been monitoring the cruise myself and going on-line to check the specials. There are a few on-line agencies that will advertise the Tuesday specials (they don't call them Happy Hour any longer), but then you can call Celebrity and book it with them if you prefer.

I just booked this today directly through Celebrity for the $999. I have been monitoring the cruise myself and going on-line to check the specials. There are a few on-line agencies that will advertise the Tuesday specials (they don't call them Happy Hour any longer), but then you can call Celebrity and book it with them if you prefer.

You are most fortunate that Celebrity honored the lower price for the 10/23 Canada/NE sailing since it is not sold out.

When we tried to get the lower rate from Celebrity via an adjustment prior to making final payment, the Dist. Rep told my TA that if we wanted the lower rate, we should go to the on-line agency and book with them! Believe me, she has not heard the last of us yet!

Would you please e-mail off line as I would like to know the booking number and the cabin number so my TA can pursue it further? My cabin mates and I are all from the NY area and I see you are from Connecticut. We are on the same sailing as you. Please e-mail me the info off line if you do not want to post it here. You can send it to me at tocci2mnr.org

Thank you.

MARAPRINCE

Some of those special prices are for new bookings only - you have to read the fine print on the ad or website - if you already have a booking, you cannot get that special low price.

You beat me to this post. I was not able to move a previous booking with the attached credit but we were able to get the reduced price of $300 pp...

The early bird does not always get every advantage.

Giving only a $50 credit for early onboard bookings does force one to bank the $900 deposit and wait for last minute specials.:D

Some of those special prices are for new bookings only - you have to read the fine print on the ad or website - if you already have a booking, you cannot get that special low price.

That is correct. Ours was a new booking. I did not previously have a reservation. It was a one day only sale for new bookings.

Maraprince I sent you an e-mail explaining that.

I have one comment to all this.....since the 10/23 sailing on the Constellation is not selling well the base price will go much lower, however, Celebrity is doing a disservice to passengers who booked early by not even giving them an on-board credit as a token gesture. Both RCCL and Celebrity claim that agencies are not able to sell at a lower cost than them and that only certain agencies will be able to do so if the sailing isn't selling well. How can they justify this when at least 5 different agencies are selling the 10/23 lower than Celebrity and each other? You keep seeing promos for this special and that special, etc.

What the heck is going on?

Makes no sense to book early for a $50 discount and tie up your money when you can shop around and get a rate at the current time at least $600 lower(looks like it may go even lower) per person for the 1st 2 passengers and as low as $599 for the 3rd vs. Celebrity's $799 for the 3rd passengers!

Then they will wonder why passengers are ticked off with them over the pricing.

MARAPRINCE

The early bird does not always get every advantage.

Giving only a $50 credit for early onboard bookings does force one to bank the $900 deposit and wait for last minute specials.:D

So true! Hoping to get "senior specials" for B2B South America cruises (last 2 of the season.) If not, will wait until 2009.

We have gotten several price drops on our Med cruise and transatlantic for this November/December. In fact, we even got a Senior rate since that was not listed as "new bookings only". We have gotten the lower price every time we have seen the price lowered on Celebrity's website. But your TA or you (if you booked directly with Celebrity) must call for the lower price - it is not automatic. We have even gotten a refund when the price was lowered on Celebrity's website after final payment.

It is only the new booking only rate that will not be honored . Also, if you booked on a group rate, you might not be entitled to the reduction. Some large agencies book blocks of cabins for sale. You may not realize that you are booked on a group rate and therefore are not entitled to any price lowering.

The advantages to booking early is getting the cabin you want. If you wait for the last minute special, you take your chances not only with your cabin location but also, being on the cruise altogether if it never goes on last minute special.

So true! Hoping to get "senior specials" for B2B South America cruises (last 2 of the season.) If not, will wait until

I've waited in vain so far for price reductions in Nov 2007 and March 2008. The last two years saw major discounts and we were hoping for the same this year. We do have March 2009 B2B booked at pretty reasonable prices for an OV.

Just thought I check the Celebrity website to see what pricing looks like for my 10/23 Canada/NE sailing and guess what? The pricing for the 10/10 sailing for the lowest outside cabin dropped to $1,699 which is lower than the 10/23 sailing! Both of these sailing are past the final payment date but there seems to be cabins available that Celebrity is trying to move.

We will just have to keep checking to see what happens.

MARAPRINCE

Archived