NCL Crown 8/26 delayed sailing

beachin'

Take a look at how Celebrity has handled any of its azi pod problems. The option to cancel with a full refund is a key component missing. A substantial discount on a future cruise (50 not 10 percent) would be a good start for those on the shortend cruise.

As for the folks on the elongated cruise, a credit to help with airfares is clearly in order. While my employer might understand my predicament, I would feel bad as vacation schedules are carefully managed and my co-workers would be short handed. On a similar subject,

where are all the teachers who scream at us for taking our kids out of school to cruise?

In many distircts around us, Monday was the first day of school!

Don't care what other lines do. I don't sail Celebrity. I was not happy with their service.

I think NCL was fair to their Crown passengers this week. We sail NCL for freestyle dining. and wonderful service. Our grup can't wait to sail the Crown in 4 weeks.

Hooray for NCL!

This is a great reason why a person should always buy trip insurance! It takes care of the unexpected expenses of a delayed sailing or extra day spent at sea or any other unforeseen event that takes place.

My biggest concern with your comment is why should we have to spend extra money to cover the "assets" of the cruise lines?

This is a great reason why a person should always buy trip insurance! It takes care of the unexpected expenses of a delayed sailing or extra day spent at sea or any other unforeseen event that takes place.

There may have been some extra expenses with another day at sea,but I cann't think of any other than drinking. There may have been some extra travel expenses, but NCL may well be taking care of those.

I doubt if the insurance program covered a lost days wages, but I would be glad for somebody to prove me wrong.

As to the comment about school starting, just because SOME schools do not start back until after Labor Day does not mean everyone does. Some started this week and now missed the first day of school. Some start 3-4 weeks ago, and missed an extra day of school, though I doubt many were in that situation anyway.

Don't care what other lines do. I don't sail Celebrity. I was not happy with their service.

I think NCL was fair to their Crown passengers this week. We sail NCL for freestyle dining. and wonderful service. Our grup can't wait to sail the Crown in 4 weeks.

Hooray for NCL!

Just to let you know and I agree with you of course, Celebrity does not always offer what he/she says they do. It depends on more than one component. Heck a few years ago people had flown to Europe just to have their cruise cancelled or delayed. NO offer to help in anyway except a refund on the cruise itself. I am not knocking Celebrity, I am simply pointing out, each line does things differently each time something like this happens. Even if someone was offered a chance to cancel with a full refund, what good would that do if they were already in the port city?

Nita

Hooray for NCL!

What day are you sailing on the Crown? I'm sailing on 9/23 just was wondering if you are going the same time!

What day are you sailing on the Crown? I'm sailing on 9/23 just was wondering if you are going the same time!

hope everyone who goes-will post upon return..!

Those of us going after you (Oct)-REALLY want o know how things were...

jaja

Just to let you know and I agree with you of course, Celebrity does not always offer what he/she says they do. It depends on more than one component. Heck a few years ago people had flown to Europe just to have their cruise cancelled or delayed. NO offer to help in anyway except a refund on the cruise itself. I am not knocking Celebrity, I am simply pointing out, each line does things differently each time something like this happens. Even if someone was offered a chance to cancel with a full refund, what good would that do if they were already in the port city?

Nita

Would you ever find fault with NCL at all?

One of the ships could sink and you'd blame the passengers or something else :rolleyes:

One of the ships could sink and you'd blame the passengers or something else :rolleyes:

Can't we all disagree peacefully without getting personal? ;)

That last post was really uncalled for. :eek:

I don't know why I bother to answer you, but I will this time anyway. You obviously read into what I say what you want to. Of course I find fault, just yesterday, if you had read the "ask a question" thread I suggested someone woudl not be happy on NCL. They mentioned they like elegant refined cruising: NCL isn't that at all. I don't like RCI or Carnival particularly but I don't blast them either. For many people they are the best choice.

If you really paid any attention to my last statement, I was pointing out, each line has it's own way of handling problems. I have seen those who planned on a Celebrity cruise that had to be cancelled very upset, but stuff happens, In this case NCL wasn't going to cancel the cruise, just postpone it a day, then 2 days. My point was, cancelling the cruise would serve no purpose for those already in the port city.

I certainly am not defending NCL as much as trying to be a little logical, not so emotional.

Now, argue with that....!!!!!

Can't we all disagree peacefully without getting personal? ;)

That last post was really uncalled for. :eek:

I didnt think it was personal but I apololgize.

It just is frustrating to read some peoples posts that are so biased it's scary. Some people are like propoganda machines etc.....

Yes that is tio bad, I am sure we will both enjoy our week. Does your week have a rool call?

Yes we do..we only have 5 or 6 people posting..and wanting to meet..

we are small in numbers but have managed to have over 300 postings.so we are at least a group of gabbers!!!

Do you have very many on your rollcall?

I didnt think it was personal but I apololgize.

It just is frustrating to read some peoples posts that are so biased it's scary. Some people are like propoganda machines etc.....

Thanks. Yes, people from all over the world can be passionate, and biased, over mundane things. What's wrong with that? It shows spirit. I'd rather live in a colorful world, than a drab, grayish, boring world.

Sounds like you want to argue. What does that have to do with the Crown not saiiling on time.

They didn't have to go if they didn't want to today.

Since I initially responded to a sarcastic post, I can understand why you would think Im looking for an argument.

With respect to kids missing school I was speaking towards the folks who didn't arrive on time. I'm originally from LI so I'm well aware of when school starts there - but thanks for the refresher.

With both passenger sets, NCL is not obligated to do much - but if they expect repeat business from these folks they need to keep them whole. Many on this thread have suggested that trip insurance is the cure. I would expect the Cruise line to indemnify itself for such situations in order to do what it needs to do to meet or exceed customer expectations.

Wether you are a first time cruiser or a veteran, when you pull up to the pier, you expect to see your ship and not a sign that says "Come Back tomorrow." Through it own poor practices NCL chose to take that experience from its customers. Having done that they could have taken the opportunity to wow their customers with their response. Book NYC accomdations. Rent space at a nearby convention hall and get NCL staff up from Florida to organize excursions and activities and meals.

Or they could do what they did-as little as possible.

Any possibility that you would be willing to share what you paid and for what category? People write about wonderful prices, etc. but no one ever tells "how much." It would be great to know what is/was out there.

I asked this question of Maruick who boasted about the GREAT rate he/she received for his/her cruise. "Check out the rates on NCL's board." Wonderful response!!!

Yes we do..we only have 5 or 6 people posting..and wanting to meet..

we are small in numbers but have managed to have over 300 postings.so we are at least a group of gabbers!!!

Do you have very many on your rollcall?

More people have come on to join the roll call this past month or so. But. they don't post often. One poster said they had a group of 40. So that would be about 80 people. I don't know if they will all come to the meet or greet.

Have you been to Bermuda before?

I asked this question of Maruick who boasted about the GREAT rate he/she received for his/her cruise. "Check out the rates on NCL's board." Wonderful response!!!

1200 hundred for 2 inside cabin. Booked about 8 months ago for this Spet. DD was added as a 3rd person in June. for 470

1200 hundred for 2 inside cabin. Booked about 8 months ago for this Spet. DD was added as a 3rd person in June. for 470

Thanks, I have been hearing/reading of better rates than what we paid which was almost 800 apiece for a low inside with ALMOST DOUBLE THE TAXES AND FEES as other bookings for the same sailing day even for higher priced cabins.... we booked in either March or April. Will never, ever use this internet TA again because once we paid the full amount (which was much too early as far as I am concerned), the TA was very unresponsive to my inquiries/questions and seemed put upon. Even the questions direct to the agency via email were never answered nor were phone calls returned. One time I did get to speak to a supervisor who was very pleasant but "no action" except an offer to see if we wanted to book an upgrade. (More money). The last phone call was yesterday when all I wanted to do was let the agency know my cell phone number in case there was a mishap with NCL and it not being able to sail on schedule as happened last week. Got the runaround for this, too, and was told someone would be calling me back shortly. It is over 24 hours now. Evidently this is a major undertaking to add a phone number to my record. I also emailed them about the exorbitant taxses and fees each (over $300 each). No response to that also though I did request one. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!!!

To give the devil its due, they did offer free travel insurance as an incentive to book. Lately I see that they are not only offering insurance but a 2 or 3 day getaway as the hook.

To tell the truth and name the agency is evidently a "NO-NO" on this board. My other posting about this was wiped out naming the agency. Consequently I have not included the online agency's name with regret.

\

Hopefully your experience will help others.

Some simple tips:

ALWAYS check the rates in at least two places starting with NCL.com, then a few big online agencies like travelocity, expedia, orbitz. Only takes a few minutes and then you at least have an idea where the rates should be.

If a TA wants their money NOW, be careful.

Hi all,

ended up going on the Crown last week to Bermuda so I was on this ship.

Brenda

By any chance do you have the dailies from this cruise? We leave (barring any mechanical or weather problems :eek: ) 9/9 for Bermuda on the Crown. I have been looking for someone who has them and have just been out of luck.

By any chance do you have the dailies from this cruise? We leave (barring any mechanical or weather problems :eek: ) 9/9 for Bermuda on the Crown. I have been looking for someone who has them and have just been out of luck.

I would guess they would be of little use, since the whole week was adjusted and not the norm.

But, here is what it said for Day 1:

Welcome to New York City. Meet us on the back end of the ship as we point out sites along the New Jersey Shoreline. Later we will meet on the bridge as the Captain discusses gridlock on lower Manhattan.

Archived