Where to store your stuff in a Promenade cabin

Daghis

After settling into our Promenade cabin on the Liberty of the Seas, we unpacked our stuff. Over the next couple days, I continued to find additional places where we could have stored stuff.

In order to help others, I wanted to share the various places I found. They're all in an online web album.

IMG_1612.JPG

Two shelves in the shower "pod"

IMG_1615.JPG

Three small, triangular shelves behind a door on the left side of the bathroom mirror

IMG_1616.JPG

Shelf under the bathroom sink along with a small waste can

IMG_1626.JPG

Two nightstands, one of which holds a sizable phone

IMG_1624.JPG

Three shelves above the TV

IMG_1623.JPG

Four small drawers below the TV

And, continuing with the last few pictures...

IMG_1617.JPG

Five shelves in the closet

IMG_1618.JPG

In addition, two bars can be pulled down so that one can increase or rearrange the hanging space

IMG_1621.JPG

And if one is really pressed, one could store stuff above the closet

IMG_1625.JPG

The right side of the vanity has a couple spots to store some stuff

IMG_1628.JPG

On both sides of the vanity adjacent to the built-in lighting, the mirrors are doors that can be opened to reveal four shallow shelves that are only about 2" deep

IMG_1629.JPG

Lastly, on the left side of the vanity, there is a refrigerator containing stuff that will be charged if you use it

Thanks for sharing those photos! We'll be staying in a PR cabin on FOS next September, so the photos are helpful. The storage space looks similar to what we had in our balcony cabin on JOS earlier this year.

I noticed on Rhapsody that they had similar cubby holes. Like behind the lights on the desk it opened to triangular small shelves. I guess I was afraid to put things there because I was afraid I would forgot to check all those places when I was packing, lol. Im so absentminded.

DH and I have a promenade room on mariner in november and was wondering about the fridge thing....cool..im now excited to have a small fridge....

I have one question though....can you have the room steward remove the stuff from the fridge to put your own stuff in there....ie brought on soda and or medicine?

katie

woo hoo.....90 days until first cruise ever.....

DH and I have a promenade room on mariner in november and was wondering about the fridge thing....cool..im now excited to have a small fridge....

I have one question though....can you have the room steward remove the stuff from the fridge to put your own stuff in there....ie brought on soda and or medicine?

katie

woo hoo.....90 days until first cruise ever.....

Yes, you can. Or, you can put it in one of the convient areas in the pictures and replace it before you depart the ship.

I asked our two room stewards (our adjoining cabins had different stewards) to empty out the fridge and it never happened. I don't think it was because they wouldn't, but instead it got overlooked (even after the second request :().

This is our 2nd time to stay in a PR cabin. We found we had plenty of room for storage last time! About halfway through the week we got out one of our suitcases and filled it with our dirty clothes.

Also, be sure to bring along one of those treasured over the door shoe holders. All those "pockets" provide great storage places for sunglasses, sunblock, paperbacks, hats, seapasses, hair scrunchies, hair brushes, you name it -- and of course shoes!

Don't know if Liberty has it, but I once ask the steward to remove the sodas, and he opened a small "drawer" in the bottom of the sofa that I didn't know was there and used that for the storage.

We love the PR's but wish the window seat would lift for a storage area. It would be a great place to store our snorkel gear and beach stuff that takes up too much closet space.

Even though I'm sure it's never overlooked because you have to put that luggage somewhere... don't forget UNDER THE BED! There is a lot of space under there for all of the bulky stuff!

We also have a bunch of suction-cup hooks we use on the walls for hanging a hat or a sweater, and one of those over the door things with pockets that holds a bunch of stuff in the bathroom.

Archived