Carnival Dancers Scanty Costumes

mzloolue

It's azz.

The complaints take me back to the 50's, when mom worried why Superman wore such skimpy panties.

Now, we laugh when DD (9) plays "SHOWGIRL", and bunches her panties to imitate what she sees in the shows. And we laugh.

It's still azz.

No one in my family, except maybe my son, enjoys seeing quite that much of the dancers nether cheeks.

What do you think...

Could you wear a costume like that and pull it off?

A little skin showing...so what...it's "skin"

My 8 yo cracked me up when she calmly pointed out that the girls were wearing "butterscotch". :D That is her word for thongs. She enjoyed the shows and is not scarred for life. My husband has the attitude "oh well nice to look at but I know who I sleep beside". I enjoyed the shows myself and saw more skin on the Lido deck on women who really did not need to be trying to show it all off.:eek:

My 8 yo cracked me up when she calmly pointed out that the girls were wearing "butterscotch". :D That is her word for thongs...

that's better than "swimfloss", i suppose.:D :p

Oh my goodness! What a silly thing to worry about. I only WISH I looked like any of those girls!

me too!:D

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the dancers costumes. Frankly, Las Vegas show girls expose even more "skin".

Join the 21st century. or perhaps you'd be more comfortable watching all of them dance while wearing burkas.

BnB

"It may be the 90's out there, but it's 1954 in this house."

-Tony Soprano

The shows are not mandatory (except for me), so make your own decisions.

The bums don't bother me in the least. Neither do the topless statues, sensual art, etc...

We've seen the dancers in less than what they wear onstage while on the funnel deck. The only thing that bothers me about that is how bad they make me look, lol. We've also seen the Captain in his speedo!

I have no problem with the showgirl costumes. But since I was on the same cruise as the OP I wonder if she made it to the show where the male dancers got down to just the police man hats?? It was a great show! I believe it was the Rock Down Broadway show.

Love the cute girls and the shows, never once thought they were offensive. Like the other poster said, there are ratings in the capers- PG or PG13. I have to try to keep my dh awake during the shows, he's not a fan of musicals and on top of a day full of Corona's.....

If you don't like them.... don't go and don't take your kids. It's nothing worse than what they will see on primetime TV ;)

When I see them, just makes me wish I hadn't had those coupla pieces of pizza at the pool that afternoon....

They are woman not girls:rolleyes:

Did not mean "girl" offensively DERF, but at almost 40 yrs old, any woman that much younger than me is a girl. ;) And I mean that as complimentative.....

and I think you mean "they are womEN," not "they are womAN."

ROFLMAO!:D do we have the same husband????:confused: :p

Yeh, and the funny thing is, he wants to go to the shows, he's hurrying to get in there and get good seats and then 15 minutes later.... he's noddin' :rolleyes:

Yeh, and the funny thing is, he wants to go to the shows, he's hurrying to get in there and get good seats and then 15 minutes later.... he's noddin' :rolleyes:

oh, then we don't have the same husband. :D

mine never wants to go at all, LOL. i like the shows and drag him there:p. the only shows we are both anxious to see are the comedian shows.

oh, then we don't have the same husband. :D

mine never wants to go at all, LOL. i like the shows and drag him there:p. the only shows we are both anxious to see are the comedian shows.

Are you my wife, posting under a different name? :eek:

I am not talking about being "hung up" or offended.

What I am asking is if asked, would you prefer that the girls had their butts hanging out or not?

And, since the girl's nether cheeks are exposed, shouldn't the guys also be shining like the moon?

I have seen Carnival shows where the guys do a "Dick Tracey" dance number with pretty much bare butts (different from the women, whose butts are covered with tights at all times). SO I guess one could say that all is fair, or at least during that particular show (can't remember what ship either...sorry:o )

FYI, just don't sit to close :D I know a few of ya probably want to be as close as possible.

While on Valor we sat right by the stage in the first seat behind the glass on the risen seating area. Talk about seeing more that ya want! I don't mean the gals bodies which were fabulous but we could see where they'd taped their tattoos so they don't show. Tears, missing fasteners, patch jobs on the costumes so it wasn't as "pretty" close up :p Shoulda sat further back and enjoyed the illusion more.

Archived