Bringing home pineapples???

mew1

I will be going on the Pride of America Sept. 17 and won't be coming home right away. I was hoping to ship home a box of pineapple and have someone pick up for me at post office. Does it have to be picked up at airport?

If you go with a company such as "Maui Gold", they will FedEx the pineapples to the mainland whenever and wherever you want. Such service is not without a price however. If you can find Maui Gold pineapple in your hometown area, you save an awful lot in shipping costs.

• 3 years later...

I was just about to make a post about this myself and found this old one already resurrected. The last time we were in Maui we got them from Mr. Pineapple, who packaged them up nice and we brought them to the airport directly - no charge, went with the checked luggage. 

This time we'll be on Pride of America, and Mr. Pineapple appears to have closed down. Is it best to hunt down a shop in Maui (we'll have a car on day 1 there) and have them ship them home for us? Or is there a place in Oahu we can get to on our way to the airport that would be better to use? I assume we won't be able to bring a case back onto the ship with us to hold in our room until we go home.