anyone ever done this with Nativeway?

CruiseCrAzieS

Thanks johnken for the wonderful review and information. Your opinions have really helped to sell us on Nativeway for our October cruise. I really needed to hear some more positive things about them. I will e-mail Sharon right now!

Glad you had fun!

~pugmommy

Has anyone ever done the stingrays and island tour with nativeway?

we it starts at 10 and goes till 2 EST. we are in port from 7-4 (I am thinking EST) which means we can sleep it. so hopefully if it is done around 2 and the last tender boat leaves at 3:30 should give us some time.

Any thoughts from the oh wise cruising god's or goddesses :)

Well now you have done it Johnken! I need to know more about your pugs--Boys or girls--black or fawn and of course names.

Our girls are Emma (6) and Libby (5)

Emma is fawn and Libby is black.

they are the best best best dogs in the world and pug owners are the luckiest people in the world!

Sorry to get off topic. :)

~pugmommy

So lunch is included? I don't see it mentioned. But then again, I took a trip with a company in St. Thomas that was supposed to be just glass bottom kayaking, but they also took us someplace to snorkel which we didn't have mentioned to us and were so happily surprised!

Pictures were $20 each BUT I also suggest you buy a disposable underwater camera to take with you. I used it and my pictures were amazing.

PUGMOMMY - I have 2 Pugs as well!

Thanks for your reply. Sharon from Nativeways e-mailed me this:

"Please let me know if you will definitely be purchasing a video. They

now cost $75 USD.

We have been providing quality pictures, presented on a CD, because they are more economical. It is very expensive to send out a

professional videogrpaher."

So was it $20 for one picture or for a CD?

We were there Oct 2006 and did take some underwater pic's & we have now purchased a waterproof bag for our digital camera. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks again

Thanks everyone for your informative reviews. My husband and I are booked for our cruise and can't wait! I got my reservation email almost immediately and Sharon worked with our tendering schedule by pushing back the start time of our tour by 30 mins. We're anticipating this tour above any other on our itinerary... thanks for all the wonderful feedback!

Has anyone ever done the stingrays and island tour with nativeway?

we it starts at 10 and goes till 2 EST. we are in port from 7-4 (I am thinking EST) which means we can sleep it. so hopefully if it is done around 2 and the last tender boat leaves at 3:30 should give us some time.

Any thoughts from the oh wise cruising god's or goddesses :)

I hope someone answers this. I have booked the island tour with Nativeway and would like to hear how the Turtle Farm is. We have swam with stingrays before so we know what to expect on that. I know Hell is no big deal (been there years ago) but this time we have our 13 year old son so he will get a kick out of it sending postcards etc.

Well now you have done it Johnken! I need to know more about your pugs--Boys or girls--black or fawn and of course names.

Our girls are Emma (6) and Libby (5)

Emma is fawn and Libby is black.

they are the best best best dogs in the world and pug owners are the luckiest people in the world!

Sorry to get off topic. :)

~pugmommy

Hi Pugmommy - I don't mean to hijack this thread but I want to ask what it is about your pugs you love so much? I'm not being sarcastic either - very sincere here. My son has been drawn to pugs for about the last year and has been hounding me to get one. We already have a dog and a cat and I'm a firm believer is only adopting animals from shelters - so I would never purchase a pug from a breeder. But if I happened to find one at a shelter....well my son just might be in luck :) So what is the attraction?

• 2 weeks later...

Native Way has reserved 2 spots for us, but my only concern is the time our ship (NCL Majesty) is in port in January '08.. 8am to 3pm. Will that be enough time to do the tour?? I'm worried we'll miss the last tender. Please let me know any of your concerns! Thanks

Texasmommy, I am VERY prone to motion sickness, snorkel a lot and even go on dive boats sometimes w/my husband, and ALWAYS make sure I take "Less Drowsy Dramamine". (That's the name of it, but I think it's really meclazine.) I never get sleepy when I take it and even - just to be safe - I take it prior to our ship embarking. Even though I often have some sort of sailaway "froo froo" drink, I still don't have problems w/drowsiness from it. (Years ago I used to use regular Dramamine, and it sometimes did make me sleepy.) The Less Drowsy Dramamine comes in chapstick sized tubes and you can buy it for about $5.00 at any pharmacy or discount store that sells drugs (like Walmart, Target, etc.) Our grocery store (and I live in the midwest!) even sells it. If you or a member of your family is prone to any type of motion sickness, TAKE IT BEFORE (at least 30 min. before) going on any sea excursion. If you decide to wait to see if you get sick, it'll be TOO LATE!!! (I learned the hard way in the Bahamas once!) I don't mean to scare you, but nothing is worse than feeling seasick. And so what if you wouldn't have gotten sick anyway? I've never had any ill effects from it. Ginger may work - I've heard it does for some, but I won't take a chance since I have something that DOES work! (the wristbands do NOT work for me, and I know too many people who have experienced side effects from Scopalomine patches.) Happy boating!

Please forgive a newbie for asking dumb questions - I and my hubby will be on our 1st cruise Dec 9. In looking at the tour information we'd really like to take advantage of some of the local tour companies (instead of booking through Carnival), but I have a concern about getting off the ship. I've seem posts that seem to go both ways - if you don't book through the cruise line, you wait (and wait....and wait....and wait) to get off, others have said "just tell them you have a tour waiting and they'll let you off". Can anyone give me the scoop? When you book on your own how soon can you plan on getting to meet your tour?

Please forgive a newbie for asking dumb questions - I and my hubby will be on our 1st cruise Dec 9. In looking at the tour information we'd really like to take advantage of some of the local tour companies (instead of booking through Carnival), but I have a concern about getting off the ship. I've seem posts that seem to go both ways - if you don't book through the cruise line, you wait (and wait....and wait....and wait) to get off, others have said "just tell them you have a tour waiting and they'll let you off". Can anyone give me the scoop? When you book on your own how soon can you plan on getting to meet your tour?

I don't know if this will help, but I can share my own experiences in Grand Cayman. We have been there 3 times...twice on Royal Caribbean and once on Carnival Triumph. I every instance, we were ready to go when the ship dropped anchor (or thrusters on RCCL Freedom). We were on the first or second tender each time without any problems whatsoever, and easily made our Nativeways tours each time, with plenty of time to get our rum cakes and alcohol purchases BEFORE the tour (that way they will send them to the ship for you so you don't have to carry them all day!).

Most people wait until after the tenders start running, and end up waiting in line. Just be ready with all of your stuff when the tenders begin to run, and you'll have no problem! Enjoy...

Hi There,

We do this tour next week, leaving tomorrow, will let you know how I find it. I think now any snorkelling will be a let down after belize. I have heard only good things about this company so well see.

Sorry for the late response but this tour was fantastic, we had a good time 5 of our group went in the end and we had a blast and for $60 including lunch it was really good value, the rest of our party of another 5 person went with a different company supposedly on a sail boat ended up too windy, they did the same as us for $80 and NO LUNCH......

Chris was our captain for the day and he was very informative and fun and we all had a great time, ran out of film on our underwater cameras!:) :) :) :)

I have a question about the snorkel part of the tour. How deep is the water? I have 5 kids ages 8 - 13. Do you think they will be able to snorkel. Some are very good swimmers...some are so so.

The stingray bit is in about 4 feet of water, the reef is a lot deeper, but all the boats have life vest that allow you to snorkel and bop about without fear.

Archived