What do you think of my Ebay win?

leavitt1

The dress looks great! Enjoy! I would also say that you should get a seamstress to "fix" the loose beads. It shouldn't cost too much to have it done. When I wear beaded dresses I go light on the jewelry. I think too much or too loud jewelry distracts from the dress. I am hoping to find some clothes like you ladies are finding. The bargains you find! I am really impressed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Susan

Yep, I read it correctly. I also checked a few other listings to see if maybe I didn't read it right. :) It was for Express mail and there were no other shipping options listed. I might drop the seller a line and ask. I could stomach $11 but not $25! :eek:

If they don't drop the enormous S&H charge, you might want to report it to eBay. A lot of people over charge on S&H in order to get their eBay and PayPal fees "paid". That is against eBay policy. Just go way to the bottom of the item description and click on report this item and follow the directions. I LOVE eBay and buy and sell a lot on their site.

The dress is gorgeous and you will feel right at home on formal night!

One thing to keep in mind is that I did not spend $25 on shipping. I would never! The shipping on the dress was $11, which was on the high end of reasonable. That said, I can not in good conscience recommend this seller anymore. She was increasingly nasty with me. She told me that she has a sick father and has no time to deal with my issue and that normally she would discount a dress if it had an issue like mine did, but since I got the dress at such a low price she would not discount it. I tried to explain that the agreed upon price for the sale of the dress was for a "new" and ready to wear dress, so whether I got the dress at a low price or not was not the issue. Instead of addressing this, she started sniping at me for daring to say the dress was not new. :eek: I tried to reword, explaining that new, but damaged was not what I paid for. She told me I needed to stop "bantering with her and decide what I was going to do." But since my options were either A) Keep the dress and grudgingly pay to have it fixed or B) Return it, getting my money back, but having paid $11 to ship and whatever it would cost to ship it back (let's guestimate $7)...I opted for A. I really do love the dress, but I resent having to pay more to get it fixed. I gave her neutral feedback, which I think is fair at this point.

Michelle

Hello all--

Just an update on my Ebay saga for anyone still interested in following along. So...As I said in my last message, after much thought, I gave a fair and evenhanded "Neutral" rating to the seller. I wrote in the comment that "The dress was new as described but had some damage to the beading." Again, I thought about this a great deal, and I thought this was a fair description of the transaction. Was I repaid for keeping a level head? Of course not. :rolleyes:

When I went onto Ebay after work today, I found that SHE (trying not to use any of the words I'm thinking right now) gave me negative feedback, listing, "Con artist! Very bad experience. Sellers beware of this one!" I was shocked, angry, etc. and I can't get it out of my mind. It just keeps grating at me. She was in the wrong, and I'm the one getting the negative rating. :eek: This stinks!

Michelle,

That is a terrible experience and totally uncalled for by that seller. It would have been hard for me to leave a positive if the dress was obviously damaged and I probably would have done what you did with the neutral rating since you did not receive what was represented to you by the seller. Also, if I was the seller, I would offer to reimburse you for cost of the repair in case I had overlooked the problem. Calling you a derogatory name is completely against eBay regulations.

I think there is a process with eBay that you can go through to agree with the seller to mutually withdraw the feedback left by both of you.

But, really, a negative does not affect anything (except your feelings of course:( ) and you know it is not the truth so if I was you I would get the dress fixed and enjoy wearing it on your cruise. I have done some hand beading before and it is a tedious job (especially black on black) but not really difficult.

Sherri

Hello all--

Just an update on my Ebay saga for anyone still interested in following along. So...As I said in my last message, after much thought, I gave a fair and evenhanded "Neutral" rating to the seller. I wrote in the comment that "The dress was new as described but had some damage to the beading." Again, I thought about this a great deal, and I thought this was a fair description of the transaction. Was I repaid for keeping a level head? Of course not. :rolleyes:

When I went onto Ebay after work today, I found that SHE (trying not to use any of the words I'm thinking right now) gave me negative feedback, listing, "Con artist! Very bad experience. Sellers beware of this one!" I was shocked, angry, etc. and I can't get it out of my mind. It just keeps grating at me. She was in the wrong, and I'm the one getting the negative rating. :eek: This stinks!

Gracious! I wonder if that was the same gal I bought the Gunne Sax dress from! my experience happened back in August and the person said similiar degaratory things about me-except she said I was a nut case-but not that nice.

With what was done to me-I was afraid to give more then a neutral rating though I felt the woman deserved negative.

But still, one thing I read about those ratings, that when you look up a person's also look at the comments and this helps you to get a better few of the person-their reactionand what the say helps show if the rating was fair-people that go on the attack in their return comments helps others to see they are being unjust.

So in other words, if I read this woman's comments and I was a seller trying to check you out as a buyer, I would see you were fine-it was the seller who had the problem. those kind of people, it does not take a phycology major to know they are the ones with the problem.

So if I was considering buying something from this woman and saw your rating I would be apt NOT to buy from her-but if I were the seller-I would have no problem with you.

That is why I am finished with Ebay, I don't want to have to go back and read all a person's feedback to know if I should bid on something they are selling-but THAT is what is necessary.

One thing too, if I were you-I would leave the feedback-the woman hurt herself more then she hurt you-as I said-most people will see through her feedback that she was striking back at you for giving a honest feedback of her.

Michelle, I also learned from experience not to mess with nasty ebay sellers. Very early on, I left a couple of neutral feedbacks when the item was not exactly as described and the seller would not offer restitution, or worse, would not respond to my emails at all. I got exactly what you did; a personal attack through negative feedback. Now that they have the new detailed feedback, I will not give neutral feedback for something fairly minor, but will give a very low score on things like "Item as described" in the detailed rating.

As an aside, the couple of initial negative feedbacks I received have never caused a seller to refuse to deal with me. Live and learn...

Bonnie

Michelle, I also learned from experience not to mess with nasty ebay sellers. Very early on, I left a couple of neutral feedbacks when the item was not exactly as described and the seller would not offer restitution, or worse, would not respond to my emails at all. I got exactly what you did; a personal attack through negative feedback. Now that they have the new detailed feedback, I will not give neutral feedback for something fairly minor, but will give a very low score on things like "Item as described" in the detailed rating.

As an aside, the couple of initial negative feedbacks I received have never caused a seller to refuse to deal with me. Live and learn...

Bonnie

Bonnie, I had people get nasty even when I left positive feedback and gave them lower marks-so for nutcases that does not work either.

I sometimes think that feedback on eBay gets blown out of proportion. No one likes to get a negative. Your feedback for her was totally appropriate. Her feedback to you was not. I have also received negatives for leaving a well-deserved negative but have learned to move on!

There are a lot of unbalanced and unhappy people out there. At least she shipped the dress and you can have the beads replaced. Good luck, it's very pretty and you got a good buy.

Thanks you all for your support in this. I feel a lot better about the situation, and you are right; others can tell that the seller is a nutcase! :p I have to focus on what matters, which is that I got a dress that I really like, and it is fixable. If it costs a bit more than expected, well, I guess it's a learning experience. I think in the future I will limit my bargain clothing shopping to the actual stores. On that note, I believe I read on the board that JC Penny is having a huge sale this weekend, so, off I go!

Michelle

Just had to chime in here as another Ebay seller/buyer:D

Did you know that when an issue like innappropriate negative feedback is left for you -as in the case of the beaded dress- you can leave a rebuttal to that feedback?

Go to "items won" tab and then Feedback Forum and click on the item and there is a tab for "leave additional feedback" or something like that. I have done so in the past with one wackjob seller and actually contacted Ebay about the feedback and they removed it!

I currently have gowns for sale on Ebay that are beaded-head to toe:eek: -

and made SURE that I stated that a few beads here and there are missing (not that you can see where, but still......) it needs to be noted!

Yep, I read it correctly. I also checked a few other listings to see if maybe I didn't read it right. :) It was for Express mail and there were no other shipping options listed. I might drop the seller a line and ask. I could stomach $11 but not $25! :eek:

I do a lot of selling on ebay and you would actually be surpised at times how much things do cost to ship. It isn't cheap anymore via usps. However - don't look at the shipping just as shipping....that should be factored into the whole cost of the item altogether. Ebay charges some pretty high rates for selling...listing fee, percentage fee/final value fee, and if a person uses paypal....well, there is another fee....and if you want 'buy it now' or a 'reserve' or a 'make an offer'...all extra fees. By the time you are done you're pretty much fee'd out. But $25 for express isn't that bad but they can probably lower the price for regular shipping.

[quote name='wtevrfltsurbt']Just had to chime in here as another Ebay seller/buyer:D
Did you know that when an issue like innappropriate negative feedback is left for you -as in the case of the beaded dress- you can leave a rebuttal to that feedback?
Go to "items won" tab and then Feedback Forum and click on the item and there is a tab for "leave additional feedback" or something like that. I have done so in the past with one wackjob seller and actually contacted Ebay about the feedback and they removed it!

I currently have gowns for sale on Ebay that are beaded-head to toe:eek: -
and made SURE that I stated that a few beads here and there are missing (not that you can see where, but still......) it needs to be noted![/QUOTE]

It is too bad more ebayer sellers are not like you.

I am not sure I would have let a neutral in the case of a few beads missing on a gown-as that happens so easyily-most clearance beaded items have some loose beads-but as Jane said-it is easy fixed. I have fixed plenty myself.

But on the other hand, the seller should have disclosed that-so I applaud you!

but the OP could have left positive but gave a lower mark on item not as represented then explained in her comment that the seller did not disclose this.

I have left rebuttals as you explained- to unfair feedback.

Once I sold a ring on ebay-it was 5 stones a quarter crat of diamonds tolal. I put a buynow of $75 or starting bid $35. I explained in the description that I did this because, although the diamonds were very white, they were milky looking-so not a good quality.

I had a person who bought it for $35-no one bid against her-that the ring was beautiful but nomore then 15 points she was sure. I rebutted that my jeweler said it ws a quarter carat that the three round stones were 6 points each and the 2 bagettes were 3 points each.

Well she sent a messege back to me that SHE was a jeweler and she knew better. Funny thing was she sold the ring a few weeks later and inher description she put 25 points and asked much more. she also I am SURE used did something to enhance the look of the diamonds in her pciture-as the diamonds looked much nicer, very clear and see throughy-not milky!

that was when I decided I was not selling anything else on Ebay. Craigslist is much better-I just specify I only sell to people in the area or people to buy in person, no mailing.

Archived