Anyone done the Pirate Ship Tour on PV?

latterdayesther

The Pirate Ship Marigalente was great fun. We did the night-time sailing which is definitely adult-oriented (r-rated). They also do a daytime sailing which is geared toward families (includes a stop at a beach for snorkeling). The night-time cruise includes open-bar (with great servers), dinner, comedy pirate show with audience participation, Mayan/Aztec show with flaming batons, etc. Finally capped off with a small fireworks show. Dinner was good, not great. It is done downstairs in the hold of the ship. They do 2 seatings (kinda like a cruise). 1/2 of the passengers at a time. Bathrooms are neat to see.

They have a website so you could book in advance. We did it that way and saved a few dollars. We didn't book off a cruise ship because we were there for a week in a timeshare. If you have anyone in your party celebrating something, let the crew know in advance and they will probably try to work them into the pirate show. Our best friend was celebrating her 50th birthday and was pretty well tanked on the open bar by the time she participated. They shoot a video for purchase and so we have the proof to show her.

Only disappointment was at the end. The crew has a t-shirt they sell with profits going to a local orphanage. To me it was the best shirt of the bunch (they also have a gift store onboard). We waited too long to make our purchase decision and by that time, they had run out of XL size. So we had to settle for a shirt from the gift store. Lesson learned, if you like the shirt the crew offers, buy it right away when they bring them out at the end of the show.

Funny, and I hated it. We've done alot of tours over the years and that one is my least favorite. If any member of your group gets seasick/motion sick this is not the tour for you. The ship rocks easily and you have to go under to the galley to eat where there is no visual to the outside.

It is my understanding that you sail for about an hour to a good snorkeling spot; is that right?

Esther :)

We sailed to a beach spot where you could also snorkel. It was some of the worst snorkeling I've ever done. I would do this trip again because the show is entertaining. We had a really good time. However, I would not choose it to view any kind of wildlife. That is just not it's purpose. It's a party boat.

One more question; is this the one Norweigian offers as an excursion? I have seen another pirate boat on the boards. It says it lasts 6 hours, but does it really? Sorry, that was 2 questions!

There's only one pirate ship in Puerto Vallarta - it's the same one that's on your shore excursion list. It is a full day tour - it does last that long.

Archived