Alaska -- Pictures from my Radiance Cruise

mitaxi

WOW, these are amazing photos, thanks for sharing!!

Where did you see the bear?

Saw the bear on the trails at Mendenhall Glacier...Thanks - didn't realize I posted this prior to them all being uploaded..LOL... now they are all there :D

Those are so pretty!! Where did you see the whales? I'm booking a trip now for next June on Radiance going southbound from Seward. Any Tips?

The whales excursion was by far the highlight of the trip and was booked thru F.I.S.H.E.S. @ Icey Straight, there were only 5 of us on the boat and it was amazing

loved your pictures, mitaxi; we are going on our first cruise to alaska next year and i want to buy a new camera. what kind did you use

Thanks - used a Nikon D80 - mainly used my 18 - 135 lens....

Michele great pictures.. Looks like you might need to snap a few at our wedding.

Your trip looked great.

Have a nice night.

Sylvia

HI Sylvia....Oh I plan on taking a "few"...LOL.... at your wedding and that entire week :D

There is also a thread floating around with pics from the Med. trip too...

Michele...WOW...what awesome photos! Not only do you have a great "not so little" camera but you have an incredible eye for composition. I especially like the whales! ;) It was the highlight of my trip as well and we couldn't have shared the boat with nicer people. Now I've just read GMoney has a review he's posted...gotta go check that out. Cya soon on the Enchantment! :)

Trudy

Michele...WOW...what awesome photos! Not only do you have a great "not so little" camera but you have an incredible eye for composition. I especially like the whales! ;) It was the highlight of my trip as well and we couldn't have shared the boat with nicer people. Now I've just read GMoney has a review he's posted...gotta go check that out. Cya soon on the Enchantment! :)

Trudy

Trudy - Where have you been? Hope you guys are doing well. :)

My review takes awhile to download, but hopefully you'll like it...

Trudy - Where have you been? Hope you guys are doing well. :)

My review takes awhile to download, but hopefully you'll like it...

Trudy - do download the review - it is awesome.. so much detail and also great pictures...

Trudy - do download the review - it is awesome.. so much detail and also great pictures...

Michele...you and Patrick did such a wonderful job capturing your trip(s) through photos. I'm inspired! I can't wait for our next trip so I can start snapping.

Speaking of trips...we're thinking of switching the April 14 TA on Brillance to the May 3 Ultimate Alaska on Serenade. That's a tough one for me to chose between. Check the itineraries and see which you'd do if you had to pick one.

Here are the pros and cons tossing through my head all day.

* Both are 14 days with only 3 post cruise days

* New ports for us on both itineraries

* Serenade is our favorite ship, thus far

* Alaska is our favorite destination, thus far

* Have never sailed on Brillance

* Never been on a TA

* Want to see Alaska in May (more snow than Sept)

* Paris and 30th Ann. seem to go together...or is that just the movies?

* Europe currency exchange rate currently pathetic

* Cruise rate comparable on both

* Airfare...TBD...sure wish we had air miles!

I appreciate your input.

Trudy

Speaking of trips...we're thinking of switching the April 14 TA on Brillance to the May 3 Ultimate Alaska on Serenade. That's a tough one for me to chose between. Check the itineraries and see which you'd do if you had to pick one.

Here are the pros and cons tossing through my head all day.

* Both are 14 days with only 3 post cruise days

* New ports for us on both itineraries

* Serenade is our favorite ship, thus far

* Alaska is our favorite destination, thus far

* Have never sailed on Brillance

* Never been on a TA

* Want to see Alaska in May (more snow than Sept)

* Paris and 30th Ann. seem to go together...or is that just the movies?

* Europe currency exchange rate currently pathetic

* Cruise rate comparable on both

* Airfare...TBD...sure wish we had air miles!

I don't have too much to add here other than personal opinion; you really have all of the bases covered. The decision to do Serenade is a no-brainer for me; all of the seas days on the TA would drive me nutty. :) Combine and it with the bad exchange and I'd be rushing back to Alaska. :D

I can tell you that the service I had on Brilliance last year was the best I've ever experienced on RCI. I've never been somebody to be passionate about a ship and crew until Brilliance. But those kinds of things fluctuate...

I really love the Ultimate AK itinerary. To me it's very unique and you get a flavor of a few different areas. We stopped in Sitka on our second cruise in Sept; I really liked it and would love to see more, as it seemed very authentic.

My only question would be are there things you can;t do in May because things are still thawing out? It may not be a big deal for you as you've already been to some of these places.

Either way, I'm sure you will have a great time. Let us know what you choose.

Archived