Suites Under Pool Deck-noise?????????

Looking to book a grand or owners suite on the AOS or other voyager series ship this aug during prime kiddie time. Have had aft suites on Princess(very quiet) but all the RCCL suites seem to be under the pool deck. Has anyone stayed in these suites? I would like to know if you heard the noise from the pool deck and also if the balonies are private or can you see down from the pool deck. Also any problem with smoke drifting down? Thanks!

Looking to book a grand or owners suite on the AOS or other voyager series ship this aug during prime kiddie time. Have had aft suites on Princess(very quiet) but all the RCCL suites seem to be under the pool deck. Has anyone stayed in these suites? I would like to know if you heard the noise from the pool deck and also if the balonies are private or can you see down from the pool deck. Also any problem with smoke drifting down? Thanks!

So far each of my 5 cruises has been in a suite deck 10. We have never had an issue with either smoke or noise, and no - you cannot see down to these balconies from the pool deck. Hope this helps??

The only "noise" concerns I have seen talked about here have been those who had suites under the solarium. The solarium on the Freedom class is a tile floor. And the scraping chairs above can be heard below on Deck 10. Does AOS have tiled floors in the solarium? If so, then avoid being under the solarium.

We were on Deck 10 on Freedom and never heard nada. We were under the pool, not the solarium pool.

Unfortunately I think the best answer is "it depends." :D

We've had a couple of suites under the pool deck on Voyager class ships, and our only problem with noise was under the Windjammer -- but that was a JS, and if you're booking GS or OS you won't have to worry about that. In a GS you would most likely be under the Solarium (kid-free so much less running) or one of the pool bars, swim shop etc. We've been under the Solarium too, and we didn't hear a peep.

Looking at the deck plans, it looks like the OS are under the tables and lounge chairs on the pool deck, so there is the risk of people dragging chairs overhead, but that's very unlikely while you're sleeping.

So from my experience: I wouldn't worry unless you're super-sensitive to noise. If you are, you might want to consider the GS further forward.

As for smoke drifting down . . . I can only speak for myself, but we've never had a problem with smoke from above. Now, smoke from our neighbors' balconies is another issue, but even that has been rare. It helps when you have a nice wide suite balcony, so you're not right on top of each other. :)

Thanks for answering. Have you been in both grand and owners suites? Wondering if its worth the extra money for the owners suite? How do the bathrooms compare? Were you close to the midship elevators? Any info on these suites would be great!

Thanks for answering. Have you been in both grand and owners suites? Wondering if its worth the extra money for the owners suite? How do the bathrooms compare? Were you close to the midship elevators? Any info on these suites would be great!

I'm not ckrobyn, but here are some threads with lots of information on the GS vs. OS question:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=623947&highlight=owners+grand

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=181154&highlight=owners+grand

There are lots more threads, too -- if you want to check them all out, just do a title-only search for owners and grand.

Hope this helps. :)

we were upgraded to 1548 on AOS - no problem with noise at all. We also had 1388 (a D1 under the Windjammer) - no noise there either.

I've heard complaints from people who stayed next to the suite with the piano. If there's an overzealous pianist in that room who plays late at night or early in the morning, you will hear it.

We were on Deck 10, Grand Suite......never heard anything from inside the cabin......I could here deck chairs if I was on the balcony but I loved to sit out at night and the chairs were really not loud at all. Could here the music from the poolside band also but it was nice...not a problem at all! Again...shut the door and could not hear anything inside. This was onoard MOS.

On NOS we were under the "piano" suite and could here the piano but again, only when on the balcony. I just enjoy being onboard so much that these small noises do not intrude on my vacation at all! Relax and enjoy!!

Smoke has never been an issue!

Sorry, have to disagree with the "no noise" people... I've had OS or GS on deck 10 five times... the noisiest was the OS on Explorer... morning runners pounding overhead, and I am not a morning person. My friend has the Royal Suite that trip - he heard it, too. ANY time you are under or over a public space, there is a possibility of noise.

Did it ruin my cruise? No - the OS was amazing, and I still loved Explorer. BTW I was on the hump directly across from the elevators - no noise from that at all.

I would have to agree with MattinFLL as well.

We have had every suite from the JS and the way to the Royal suite (all on deck 10) and you can hear noise from upstairs all night long.

The worst would be people in clicky clacky shoes walking around and early in the morning when the deck attendants are moving the lounge chairs to clean the deck---what a noise.

Now I would think it depends on if you are a light or heavy sleeper. Myself and DH we often woken up by chairs, shoes and early morning joggers as well.

On my next cruise, I decided to take a cabin on deck 9 just to see if it is any quieter compared to deck 10.

This would not stop us from getting suites again but I decided I would find out for myself if the other decks are quieter.

Hope this helps.

Archived