Updates on Sovereign and Monarch (merged)

eroller

All I see for Monarch(besides CA cruises) is the panama canal one(with pricing and then nothing till Apr 20,2009(with no pricing)But 2009?????:confused: :confused:

I wanna see Nov and Dec 08s......

All I see for Monarch(besides CA cruises) is the panama canal one(with pricing and then nothing till Apr 20,2009(with no pricing)But 2009?????:confused: :confused:

I was just checking out the prices for the Monarchs Panama Canal cruise. I don't think that I could spend 16 nights on that ship. The Sovereign class are nice for the quick cruises but not something this long. At least for me anyway.

I cannot believe what RCI is getting for a JS on the Sovereign Thanksgiving week. $1309.00 per person for a four night cruise. Paid less than that for a JS on the Navigator for the same week and it's six nights.

I was just checking out the prices for the Monarchs Panama Canal cruise. I don't think that I could spend 16 nights on that ship. The Sovereign class are nice for the quick cruises but not something this long. At least for me anyway.

I cannot believe what RCI is getting for a JS on the Sovereign Thanksgiving week. $1309.00 per person for a four night cruise. Paid less than that for a JS on the Navigator for the same week and it's six nights.

That's true, Gordon, the JS is absurdly high, but the "cheap seats" are about the usual price. I guess that they just think that demand for the larger, nicer JS cabins is greater than the supply!

Well, Monarch is sold out for Thanksgiving week in the SO & up categories, yet they're still trying to sell Sovereign JS cabins. And they're deserting us why????

I couldn't do 16 nights on Monarch. I love her for the long weekends, but 10 sea days? I think not. The CD hasn't had to do more than one production show. The kitchen hasn't had to prepare more than 4 meals. And you KNOW they will be starting renovations during the cruise...:rolleyes:

I couldn't do 16 nights on Monarch. I love her for the long weekends, but 10 sea days? I think not. The CD hasn't had to do more than one production show. The kitchen hasn't had to prepare more than 4 meals. And you KNOW they will be starting renovations during the cruise...:rolleyes:

You know, I think the staff continues to work even after you get off the ship. :)

I think was critterchick was getting at was that they are used to their 3/4 day routine and haven't had to present a menu for longer than 4 nights and the same for the shows. They will need a 16 night menu in order to not repeat anything. And the same for the shows.

I agree about the canal trip. It crossed my mind but realistically if I am going to spend the $$$ and the time on a ship for that trip I would choose something other than the Monarch to do it on. Even before the things you all mentioned above.... Say a radiance class or a celebrity ship.

I think was critterchick was getting at was that they are used to their 3/4 day routine and haven't had to present a menu for longer than 4 nights and the same for the shows. They will need a 16 night menu in order to not repeat anything. And the same for the shows.

I'm glad somebody understood what I was saying...

Go to RCCL.com, chose ships, then go to the Monarch. If you go there it will bring up a cruise search on your right hand. BUT I just did a search and found the cruise I wanted!!! Woo Woo I can now book my DD's sweet 16!!

Same here! No specialty restaurants, no solarium, etc.

We paid $1,770 for a four nighter in a JS on the Monarch in August of 2006. Unfortunately our schedules only allow us to cruise during the summer or the late part of December - $$$.

###

Same here! No specialty restaurants, no solarium, etc.

I predict that the prices for the canal repo will drop significantly once the JS's and suites sell out! I just checked and there are only 3 JS's left for that sailing. We will probably also see it on a special sale. I love the Monarch as much as the next person, but I can't imagine 16 days in one of those oceanview cabins! :eek:

I predict that the prices for the canal repo will drop significantly once the JS's and suites sell out! I just checked and there are only 3 JS's left for that sailing.

Have a feeling some TAs snagged them...

We're booked on the repo cruise. The 10 days at sea just became 9 days at sea as they've added Guatamala City to the itinerary.

Maybe they will be adding even more. We could spend all 16 days at sea and be happy, sitting on the balcony. I do wonder about Critterchick's comment and had also thought - gee, they have only prepared 4 different meals before.....but we'll see.

All the JSs are gone. RS and the other OSs are still available. Maybe they'll drop in price too?

I predict that the prices for the canal repo will drop significantly once the JS's and suites sell out! I just checked and there are only 3 JS's left for that sailing. We will probably also see it on a special sale. I love the Monarch as much as the next person, but I can't imagine 16 days in one of those oceanview cabins! :eek:

I think the small ships are great but for short cruises. I could not imagine doing this either.;)

I am glad I was able to help you out. Hey who knows we might wind up on the same cruise. We are going on the Fantasy for NYE this year.

Our only other NYEs cruise was on Carnival(Spirit).............it hooked us for more....

Kathy - weren't you booked on Mariner for New Year's to send her off to us?
Yea, Im downsizing....:p

Yea, Im downsizing....:p

I thought I was going nuts for a second. :p We are booked on her last weekend cruise before she heads over to you. We had to get one in on her before she leaves us.

We spent NYE on the Pride this last year. It was a blast!

Archived