Is this dress too much of a "bridesmaid's dress" for formal night?

leavitt1

Hello everyone. I am going to be a bridesmaid in a close friend's wedding next April. We just picked the dress today, and I actually like it (Whew!)! :D Normally, I'd scoff if someone told me, "This is a bridesmaid's dress that you'll be able to wear again." But I'm thinking that maybe it would be okay for a cruise formal night in the future? Please let me know what you think. I'm very curious, though I won't be crushed if I'm told it's no good.

Keep it mind, it is not me in the dress in the picture. Sadly, mine will have to be larger than the size 2 model in the pic. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Michelle

13207-02.jpg 13207-04.jpg 13207-03.jpg

It's a very pretty bridesmaid dress ... you should see some of the "confections" I've worn in the past. A couple were real doozies - teal taffeta with poofy sleeves and a big bow over my rear-end (like I needed more width). The other was a hot pink number with no sleeves, but the requisite bow over the a$$. Might just as well have put a "wide load" sign on each of us.:rolleyes: Wow, am I glad the 80's are over!!! Oh, and did I mention the dyed to match shoes?

You're going to look pretty on formal evening - make sure to get your pictures taken at a number of different locations onboard so you'll have different backgrounds to choose from. Let us know how it was when you get back.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Very few bridesmaid dresses today look "bridesmaidy". The days of ugly bridesmaids are fast going by the wayside and dresses are ones that can definitely be used again.

What makes them "bridesmaidy" is having 2-3 or more people in the same dress and/or color in a group. Alone, most dresses look just any other formal dress.

It's a beautiful dress, and I too love the colour! Another dead giveaway that it's a bridesmaid dress would be the matching wrap. I would wear a different wrap with it, maybe silver with strappy silver sandals. If I wasn't a plus size now, I would love to wear this dress on a formal night. Enjoy!

Bonnie

Very few bridesmaid dresses today look "bridesmaidy". The days of ugly bridesmaids are fast going by the wayside and dresses are ones that can definitely be used again.

What makes them "bridesmaidy" is having 2-3 or more people in the same dress and/or color in a group. Alone, most dresses look just any other formal dress.

I agree completely! Just stay away from matchy-matchy wraps and shoes and you can wear just about any current "bridesmaid" dress for other occasions, in my opinion.

it shows rhine stone or crystal trims...a really spectac necklace (one that u wdnt wear at a wedding), or some lavender colored stone items..Sorelli makes lovely things tho pricey,,but alas, jewelry will out last dresses. Maybe a diff, multi color shawl, w/ same color in it..also ck fabric stores(take dress), and a quicki shawl can be sewn at home..it too will be around long after the dress is retired..silver threads will make it pop. Lucky

Archived