One show, night one?

rtrtx2

I was looking at some of the cruise dailies for the Navigator of the Seas (from 2006), it lists a Welcome aboard show the first night at 8pm for all guests. Anyone know if this is still the case? I guess anyone that has late seating cannot attend if they want to eat in the dining room. Why wouldn't they have it sometime around 9:30-10:00pm so that you don't have to pick between diningroom and the show. If I recall correctly, it seems to me I have been on other cruises where they only do one Welcome aboard show, but have it at 10:00pm ( it may have been on carnival).

In my experience, although not on Navigator, they have this one show in between the dinner time slots. One of the first things they say at the beginning of the show is to not worry, you will be out in time for dinner. They usually make a joke about it, and everyone laughs. They wouldn't want a stampede near the end, which would be very disruptive.

This is one of those CC tips... many first time cruisers especially, overlook this show, which I always enjoy.

Theron

you will be out in time for dinner...they may even adjust the time of the 1st nights' dinner...IIRC that is what they did on a couple occasions.....plus the DR staff is used to it so if you are 5 minutes late the first time, they will figure that you went to the show....

None of the shows conflict with dining times. Ever.

I have to agree with Corkpopr--the production shows leave alot to be desired, but the "guest" performers and comedians are usually top-notch!

And I disagree. While the quality of the performances will vary according to the talents of the singers and dancers in the production shows, the costuming, and technical aspects of the productions, including the sets and the lighting are usually first rate. Many of the "headliners" are quite good (often those whose names you don't immediately recognize are better than the so-called names) but others are well past their prime or are "one-hit wonders" seeking to cash in on the nostalgia craze. And on our recent Celebrity Constellation transatlantic, I think they hit a new low when the featured performer one evening was a "national champion whistler". One does have to wonder about someone who concludes that the shows are terrible and then admits to not attending them.:rolleyes: Perhaps the quality improved since they last went. ;)

Are the theaters large enough to accomodate all cruise passengers for the show on the first night? I have first seating for dinner. Will there be roome for me and DH to attend the first night production?

I don't know of any cruise ships that have a theater large enough to accomodate all passengers. But I think that many passengers either overlook, or are too busy settling in that first day to attend the welcome show, so they "get by" with only one seating for it. I've always enjoyed it, and yes, if you go even the slightest bit late, you will be standing in the back.

Theron

Thanks all, now to think of it when I was looking at the old cruise compass, late seating the first night was at 9 versus the remainder of the week at 8pm. My family typically attends all the showroom shows, usually enjoy most of them.

Archived