Majesty JS - which one is quietest/noisiest?

Shiba

I'm considering booking a JS for an upcoming MOS cruise (4 nighter) - I've read that it can get noisy due to the pool deck and Windjammer above on Deck 11. Any tips on which JS is the best?

I know there'll be some noise - which is no problem. I always travel with my trusty earplugs!!

Thanks!

Jen

We had room 1586 and it was VERY quiet. I think the best bet would be to stay aft, there isn't as much above you. We'd hear thumps every now and again but not like what I heard just walking the hall going towards the bow. WHOA.

I'd also reccomend staying on the starboard side, best views going in and out of the ports!!!

All of my previous cruises have been below the pool deck, and sorry, but you do hear what is above you. Same thing on Majesty's sister ship, Monarch. Best bet is to stay farther back from the Windjammer, as there can be a lot of noise setting up for breakfast...

We are booked on Majesty in Dec 07 in a JS (1552). I had heard it was noiser under the Windjammer area vs. the pool area. I thought being under the pool area might be quieter also with respect to the times, no one is around the pool at 6am but they are getting ready for breakfast around that time in the Windjammer. So IMO, I thought it would be better under the pool area. (We are actually under the pool area but close to the elevators.) I hope I made a good choice, either way we are cruising and that is the best part! :)

Our noisiest JS was far aft on Majesty. It was because of the stairs to the pool deck. This is only a problem if you like to take an afternoon nap - you won't get one. Kids go up and down the stairs and then "bam bam bam" go the feet as the run back and forth to the pool. Thankfully noise wasn't an issue at all at night or in the very early morning in that area.

Our noisiest JS was far aft on Majesty. It was because of the stairs to the pool deck. This is only a problem if you like to take an afternoon nap - you won't get one. Kids go up and down the stairs and then "bam bam bam" go the feet as the run back and forth to the pool. Thankfully noise wasn't an issue at all at night or in the very early morning in that area.

Gina,

do you remember your cabin #? I think we may be in that area (1552). I don't usually take an afternoon nap. As long as it's quiet at night and early morning, I'm good to go. :D

Gina,

do you remember your cabin #? I think we may be in that area (1552). I don't usually take an afternoon nap. As long as it's quiet at night and early morning, I'm good to go. :D

We were FAR back. 1588 or 1586. I can't remember if we opted for the last cabin in the hall or not. It was those aft stairs that led up to a walkway on the pool deck. The walkway was far from the pool which is why kids were compelled to run hard and fast - they wanted to get there.

Archived