Is this good? What's your opinion?

CruisenGoddess

One of the sites I use to get quotes currently lists the AF at $601 and the AB @ $1355 per person (difference of $754 each)

So if that's $800 total for 2 people, sounds like a good deal to me. But then, I don't know what you paid originally or if you would prefer to just use that money for other things on the cruise (on board, excursions etc)

I'm hoping for the same sort of upgrade or upsell on my upcoming cruise. I know I sure would appreciate the privacy the separate bedroom in the AB affords, and the amenities are to die for!!! In-room dining, butler service, breakfast and lunch in Cagney's, and the bathroom -- I'd be all over that!!! Buy, Buy, BUY!!! :D

• Administrators
I'd take it! But they made me an offer like that & the boss wouldn't let me. She's mean that way.

For 3 people? I agree with Monte -- that's a great upsell offer. If it doesn't break the bank, I think your cruise will be one for a lifetime with that kind of upsell. The AF minis are nice, but don't come with full suite amenities (concierge, butler, etc.) per numerous posts here. The AB on the Pearl even has a separate children's bedroom. Privacy on a cruise! Wow! :)

RUN - do not walk - and GRAB that AB. You will love the additional space and the perks.........

The Pearl is a great ship (we were in an A3 on the 9-day in April) and had originally booked an AB (having previously sailed in one). The butler and concierge service are fantastic and you'll love Cagney's for breakfast and lunch!

Thanks for all the great opinions. Does anyone have pictures of these staterooms on the Pearl? How big/small is the 2nd bedroom? Our 3rd person, is our 27 yr son. I think having a bedroom for him would be great especially if he stays out all hours of the night - lol Eating at Cagney's is one of our favorites and to be able to have breakfast and lunch in there would be fantastic! I'm getting excited!

Thanks for all the great opinions. Does anyone have pictures of these staterooms on the Pearl? !

Here's a link to some I found! These suites truly look sweet! (you might also want to go to webshots.com and do a search there)

http://cruises.about.com/od/norwegianpearl/ig/Norwegian-Pearl-Cabins/penthouse_AB277.htm

Thank you for the links! In the email it says there is a whirlpool tub, however reading posts on this board stays the AB's don't have them - a bit confusing. Guess I'll find out more when I call this morning. We've been on 20+ cruises and had a penthouse on the Norway which had a concierge - the one on the Pearl has more luxury which we haven't experienced. This is so exciting!

Which staterooms are preferred? Maybe some don't have the whirlpool and others do?

I just called and discovered she doesn't come in until this afternoon. So I'll have to wait on pins and needles - lol

The AB's on the Pearl do NOT have the whirlpool bathtubs. Although the Dawn and Star do. I'm not sure about the Jewel or Gem, though.

Well I did it - but guess what???? Got an A3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked her about the whirlpool in the AB and she said that's what was listed, but decided to check with her supervisor and guess what - AB's do not have whirlpool tubs and she said they are in the process of updating the information.

Now I'm really pumped!

• Administrators
Well I did it - but guess what???? Got an A3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked her about the whirlpool in the AB and she said that's what was listed, but decided to check with her supervisor and guess what - AB's do not have whirlpool tubs and she said they are in the process of updating the information.

Now I'm really pumped!

Wow, congratulations, and have a marvelous cruise! :)

Archived