Ships with retractable roofs?

sugarsparkles

Do they ever use these? If so when? Anyone have any pictures of them being used?

Thanks!

Rebekah

Yes, they do use them. When I was on the Conquest a few weeks back we encountered some weather overnight our first night at sea. When I got to the aft Lido Deck the retractable sky light was closed. They opened it around noon after we passed the weather.

No pictures, sorry.

The photo for the above reply. It was a monday error. Photos of the aft adult pool deck on Carnival Glory. High winds and rough seas for 5 out of 7 days closed some of the higher decks and closed the centre pool one day because of the wave action inside it and the water coming over the sides, but the aft pool stayed open. The second photo is some of the crew training on how to flip a life raft on one of our port days.

gloryroof1.jpg.3705c955dddd7c70227641bad21b9e19.jpg

gloryroof2.jpg.a09c522a492f5d2752ef5876b319ebba.jpg

When we were on the Destiny last year I was so excited pre cruise telling all the cousins how cool it was to be in the hot tubs under the stars at night as we had done this on the Carnival Pride. Well:( we get into the hot tubs and look up and bam there is a roof! I guess they close it on the Destiny at night. Big Bummer!

I found this pic for you of the retractable roof on the Carnival Spirit.

2494596120100296287S500x500Q85.jpg

Sandi, can you please stop posting great pictures. I really really have the itch to get on a ship and you are not helping. I just took a look at a review of the Glory and this guy nailed the Balcony down big time. he said how he tried to sleep in but he never could he had to get up early and look out the balcony at every new port. He also started to talk about the port talks he saw on his cabin TV. Now you post this great picture! I say lets just drop everything and go on a cruise.

Sandi, can you please stop posting great pictures. I really really have the itch to get on a ship and you are not helping. I just took a look at a review of the Glory and this guy nailed the Balcony down big time. he said how he tried to sleep in but he never could he had to get up early and look out the balcony at every new port. He also started to talk about the port talks he saw on his cabin TV. Now you post this great picture! I say lets just drop everything and go on a cruise.

You think I'm bad with the pics, you should see how many Fred posts. :p

Archived