Hurricane Frances - Path, evacuations and reports

kristikae

Julia, I can completely understand and relate . I'm in Tampa, and feeling the same way you are. You're right, there's no place to run to. I have a brother that lives in a mobile home in Leesburg, so needless to say he has to leave. He's searched for two days now for a hotel room, and the closest he can find is north of ATLANTA. Can you believe that ?? :eek: He's decided to just come to my house, and we'll ride this sucker out together. Stay strong, we'll make it :D

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all who live in Florida. I grew up in the Sunshine state (Orlando) ,and my folks live in Winter Garden. They have reservations at a hotel close by, as they live in a Palm Harbor home. (If it were up to me, they would be getting the heck out of the state.) My dad works at WDW and so far they have not made any decisions as to whether or not WDW will shut down. I'm sure as it gets closer to landfall, the decision will be made to shut down the parks.

My DH has a cousin who lives in Orlando and my DH's aunt and uncle live in Bunnell on the inner coastal waterway. They have all decided to head north. They decided to go to Atlanta to ride out the storm.

.....so much for the citrus trees.

Hi

We have a member of our family on board Imagination (Carnival Cruises)

(crew) and we are rather anxious to know where the ship is - with regard

to Hurricane Frances.

Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone - may God watch over everyone

in the Bahamas and in Florida, and protect you.

Well folks, looks like Frances is taking her own sweet time. The newest model as of 5am (see below) has her now making landfall on Florida at 2am Sunday rather than Saturday. I' m sure the cruiselines will now have to reevaluate the changes they made yesterday. Had they have known they had another day, they *may* have opted to bring in some of the ships so people could get off. Holding them out until Monday seemed like a good plan until Frances slowed down so much. It will be interesting to see what she does.

030853W5.gif

Hi

We have a member of our family on board Imagination (Carnival Cruises)

(crew) and we are rather anxious to know where the ship is - with regard

to Hurricane Frances.

Honestly, probably the safest place to be right now is on a cruise ship because I am 100% positive they they will be as far away from any danger as possible!

Last year we sailed on the Glory out in front of Hurricane Isabell. They took a satelite image of the Hurricane and taped it in it's current position on the tracking board (you know, where you can see the ships location and route). It was nice to feel informed.

I' m sure the cruiselines will now have to reevaluate the changes they made yesterday. Had they have known they had another day, they *may* have opted to bring in some of the ships so people could get off. 030853W5.gif

They did! The Sensation is now coming in Sat 9/4 into Tampa. I sure wouldn't want to be them. To close for me. But, than I'm form "up north." We only do tornadoes which only give you an hour or two warning max.

If I didn't know better I would not that a Hurricane was headed for the sunshine state. You would not believe how beautiful the weather was today and that a Hurricane will be here in a day or so; except for the fact that the trees are being blown in a circular motion and the humidity makes the air hard to breathe.

Archived