QM2, Golden Lion Pub, Mushy Peas

Wadadli1

The Leeds/Bradford Harry Ramsden is a place of reknown, it was his first and is enormous. Eat in, take out, cafeteria, waitress service, picnic area.

Bradford Alhambra Panto followed by Haddock supper, wonderful.

I know that one! We've driven past it. It really is huge.

Kathy

You all have given me an idea--beef short ribs. They let out lots of fat, which should be enough for Yorkshire pudding. I usually make polenta with short ribs, but this sounds good, too. Mmm, short ribs.

And what's with the haggis? Are you thinking of things that make people who've never had it go :eek: at the idea of it? Crispy pigs' ears! Frogs legs! Mountain oysters....

Oh, and for the person who was asking about the Golden Lion menu--if you are feeling particularly adventurous and have extra time on your hands, in the May 6, 2007 Roll Call there is a picture of Sir Martin laying next to the Pub menu on the QM2. I don't know (yet) if the menu's the same on QE2, but it could be.

To all our American visitors: next time you are in Edinburgh (Leith dockyard close to the Royal Yacht Britannia exhibit),

Also, the historic Peacock Inn, on the nearby Newhaven waterfront... :D yum!

Had Haggis on QE2 January '07, though it was a special order for a special occasion, placed the day prior to having it.

Not sure if my Scots friend was impressed with it though. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you will be offered some this New Year.

I don't think so:( They haven't had it on the menu for the last couple of New Years. I was thinking back to Trafalgar House days.

(BTW - The Magpie in Whitby is famous for its fish and chips - I've never tried it as the queue is always out of the door and down the road!)

Archived