Hangers in closets

BillPatrice

Dumb Question.. Are there very many hangers in the cabin closets. I will be folding and packing shirts but would like to hang them once in the cabin but I don't know if I should bring hangers or not.......

There are quite a few hangers in the cabin closets. But, I've often asked a cabin steward for a few more and they been happy to provide them.

Ahoy!

The stateroom closet usually has an adequate number of hangers but if this turns out not to be the case your cabin steward will round some up for you. We also fold up shirts when packing (and place in a 2.5 gal or two Hefty ziplocks) and then once unpacked send them out (along with trousers, etc) for the unlimited pressing services and they come back on hangers the next day. Just hold back a casual outfit for the first might.

Have a GREAT CRUISE!

Bob:)

I pack clothes on hangers. Pants and shirts together, skirts and tops, dresses, jackets, etc.

It is so easy to unpack, just lift the hangers out of the suitcase and place in the closet.

I highly recommend it. I'd rather waste time at home hanging clothes, but extend my relaxation during vacation!

Enjoy your cruise,

Laura

I pack clothes on hangers. Pants and shirts together, skirts and tops, dresses, jackets, etc.

It is so easy to unpack, just lift the hangers out of the suitcase and place in the closet.

I highly recommend it. I'd rather waste time at home hanging clothes, but extend my relaxation during vacation!

You know, Laura, that's a really good idea. However, I resist taking up the space and weight of the hangers themselves. I have to bring hangers for suits and for shirts that can't tolerate folding (like dress shirts that have been starched). Hence, I'd rather fold and stack them in my bag and spend a few minutes hanging them while unpacking.

As for ship-supplied hangers ... I have never had trouble having enough of them or all my clothes that I want to hang.

I always bring hangers with me. I bring about 6 lightweight plastic hangers that I can use for blouses, lightweight tops, etc. I also bring 4 suit type hangers with clips to hang slacks or shorts and heavier jackets. I also pack formal clothes on hangers.

The one time I didn't bring extra hangers with me, we asked our cabin steward to bring some extras. He came back about an hour later with 4 of those flimsy wire hangers that were all twisted and bent out of shape. He told us he looked all over, and that's all he could find. So now I come prepared.....just in case.

Enjoy your cruise,

Laura

I do the same thing and it is so easy. I also put drycleaner bags over them, and everything is wrinkle free :).

Marie

I've gotten into the habit of taking hangars with me. There always seems to be enough in the stateroom for my DH jackets, slacks, etc and my dressy clothes but run short for shirts/blouses etc. I buy a packet (usually 12) of the "drip-dry" hangars at Wal Mart for about a buck. Everywhere else they want $4-5. Then I leave them for the next guest. They also come in handy for laundry that does not go in the dryer that I either do in the self-serve launderette or in the sink.

Colette

You know, Laura, that's a really good idea. However, I resist taking up the space and weight of the hangers themselves. I have to bring hangers for suits and for shirts that can't tolerate folding (like dress shirts that have been starched). Hence, I'd rather fold and stack them in my bag and spend a few minutes hanging them while unpacking.

As for ship-supplied hangers ... I have never had trouble having enough of them or all my clothes that I want to hang.

Hi Greg,

I purchase inexpensive metal hangers that are coated in plastic (probably similar to the drip dry ones mentioned above), they are lightweight and will bend to fit in your suitcase. I just found it to be much easier when dealing with clothing for two. One of us is putting clothing on hangers challenged.. lol..so it was much faster for me to pack once and unpack.

For the return the hangers fit into the bottom of the suitcases easily.

I do the same thing and it is so easy. I also put drycleaner bags over them, and everything is wrinkle free .

Yes, I started doing it when we went to Australia, the clothes stayed wrinkle free even with being zipped in the suitcase for over 24 hrs. Now I do it out of habit.

Ahoy!

Just one of the options of the laundry service aboard. For those not staying in suites (where it's a freebie depending on category) it is available and prices depend on length of cruise, etc. Our last 22 dayer in May/June the cost was $30 for unlimited pressing. We used it daily to press up slacks, formal wear, etc. that were only worn for a few hours the evening before that didn't require cleaning. As mentioned earlier we send out a bunch of stuff on embarkation day to get rid of luggage "wrinkle". Usually back the next day but they do have a '48 hour window' (turn around time) to return items. However, a little 'chat' with your room steward will expidite things. Well worth it in my opinion.

There are plenty of previous threads on this service, per bag laundry and full service laundry services available while aboard. Just use the search engine. Good luck.

Have a GREAT CRUISE!

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

Archived