which dock will our HAL ship be at in FLL?

winemistress45

I pulled up a map of port everglades --- didn't realize how huge it was.

How do we know which terminal our HAL ship will be at --- besides the obvious that it will be docked there.

We will be taking a taxi from the Atlantic Hotel or the St. Regis -- haven't decided which one yet -- do we just tell the taxi cab driver to head to Port Everglades and then we look for the ship -- not sure if there are different points of access for the taxi depending on where the ship is docked.

For those of you that have lots of experience, perhaps you have a link or some other resources that will tell me -- thank.

Thanks.

It's hard to know in advance where your ship will dock although they often use the same dock from time to time. Not to worry. There is a large outdoor directory posted at each port roadway entrance showing which dock each ship is using on that particular day. It is usually standing on the right of the inbound traffic lane.

In addition, your driver is likely to know in advance where your ship will be docked. I expect they are given a list each day, perhaps a day or so in advance.

It is not a problem and you'll be taken right to the luggage off-loading area at your particular embarkation station. Drop your bags and either just walk right in or join the line of those early-arrivers who are waiting.

Oh, one other thing. Have your I.D. and cruise ticket handy (in your taxi) as security may want to see them as your taxi/car enters the port gate. The port is secure so you'll need to indicate your business there. YOU'RE GOING ON A CRUISE!

Have fun!

I have cruised out of FLL four times now and Holland America has always been docked at pier 25, 26 or 27 (27 was only used once). Usually there is a ship locator sign as you enter the port and taxi drivers always know exactly where each ship it docked. If you want to see the port layout, the broward county port authority has a great website at http://www.portevergladesguide.com/

Happy cruising!:o

Thanks everyone.

Like I said, I haven't been there before so I wasn't sure if there is more than one access point to the port and if the taxi driver would need to know ahead of time which route to take.

I'll just have the driver follow the directional signs and have the docs ready upon entrance for security reasons.

Archived