High Life on the High Seas: SDII crossing Tenerife to Miami 11/03/2007

alita

Yes your Vols are making things interesting FT as are our beloved Nittany Lions. Wondering if we are looking at a rematch come New Year's Day:eek:

The big story on action news is that Ohio State lost to Illinois (unranked) ... oh how the mighty haven fallen! Something to toast this morning while drinking champers and munching on caviar:D

Can't wait to see the photos and hear the stories about PajamaRama:eek: We had a mini version ... although ctb and the Mrs. didn't camp out like we did. Okay, I lasted until 4 a.m.:cool:

One of our three Christmas trees are up ... and today I have to hunt in our closets for the odds and ends for our formal wear for our upcoming HAL cruise. I of course took the opportunity to remind DH if we were on SD we wouldn't be taking the tux and gowns.

FT I have a shopping favor of you ... let me know if you want me to email the request to you or if you want me to post it here.

In honor of our SeaDreamers we are sipping on Grand Mimosas this morning (Grand Marnier, Champagne and OJ). Cheers:p

Hi FT:

On SDII in Mexico, our pajamarama was loads of fun. One of a group of Texans rustled up some permanent markers in several colors and we all autographed each others tops (after a number of special shooters devised by then TOY Barman Christophe Rey). If I had a suitable play room in the home, I would frame that top. It really does bring back good memories every time I see it. Have fun and thanks for bringing us lurkers along on your trip.

Jim.

Well, the champagne & caviar splash was quite a success. It's a beautiful day with lots of sun and very calm seas.

Lots of champagne and caviar dispensed and a very good time had by all. In fact, some are still out at the pool (3 PM) getting the last bit of enjoyment out of it.

Lots of passengers and crew in the pool, including Sean who was pushed in by our very own FT. After the splash, we had hamburgers and fajitas for lunch. Now it's time to rest up for Team Trivia (differences between SD1 and SD2) and and then dinner followed by the Pajamarama Party. Stay tuned. I'm sure there will be lots of good stories to tell as the day progresses.

Did the magical CD, produced by Allan and Maggie, get played?

The photos that are up today look like it is a wonderful day ... calmer than what we have seen in the Caribbean!

Oh, yes the CD was played and yet again an unqualified success. This time I observed from the pool rather than Deck 6 like last time.

Today was very calm and sunny. A perfect day for splashing in the pool.

P.S. Passengers beat the Crew in trivia again today. I learned that the table tops in the Main Salon on SD2 are marble while those on SD1 are teak. Who knew?

Disney Jen, post your shopping request here or e-mail ctbjr. I'll try to oblige.

PajamaRama went until at least 2:00 a.m. (or so I heard). Sounds like a really good time was had by all.

Its another sunny day today, and we have another round of Liars Club tonight.

Did not appear to be too many casualties from the Big Splash. We only lost one from our dinner table and he resurfaced in time for the party at TOY. Maggie & Alan's CD kept us going.

Jim, our birthday girl got an autographed SD shirt for her birthday. She's wearing it today, so maybe it will show up on the web site.

the real world is fast approaching. there's a rumor of a passenger rebellion to take the yacht back across ... stay tuned.

FT

Disney Jen, post your shopping request here or e-mail ctbjr. I'll try to oblige.

PajamaRama went until at least 2:00 a.m. (or so I heard). Sounds like a really good time was had by all.

Did not appear to be too many casualties from the Big Splash. We only lost one from our dinner table and he resurfaced in time for the party at TOY. Maggie & Alan's CD kept us going.

Jim, our birthday girl got an autographed SD shirt for her birthday. She's wearing it today, so maybe it will show up on the web site.

the real world is fast approaching. there's a rumor of a passenger rebellion to take the yacht back across ... stay tuned.

FT

Revolts will not be tolerated by those of us who are landlocked. All of you who are onboard have a great last two day.

FT

Thanks FT ... I am just looking for a SD baseball cap for DH since his current one is beat. :D

Sounds like another great champagne and caviar splash. Saw many familiar faces in the photos of that great event. Looks like you had the perfect weather for it.

I am sure there is still so much to do and just a few short days left:eek: Enjoy!

I am enjoying the beautiful sunrises from SD ll, they remind me of our cruise coming into Venice only better. I don't usually see a sunrise, these photos are such a treat. Ctbjr and Alita look like they are enjoying themselves, their reports bring us along for the ride. Thank you. How many miles has James and his walkers logged in so far? Talk about walking on water, they can say they walked from Tenerife to Miami. Enjoy all your memories, and thanks for sharing them.

NASCAB :)

Tuesday morning, 6:50 a.m. – in the western Atlantic (way too close to Miami)

We are in our final 24 hrs before return to the hard real world. Thanks to the scheduling demands of the US DHS, our arrival time is an hour earlier than originally planned.

It looks like another lovely day at sea . .. . yesterday was glorious.

The Chef’s tasting menu was dinner last night . . . .another feast, both for the eyes and the taste. I’ve never had a lemon soufflé that I would pick over chocolate but last night’s was the best dessert on this crossing. 8 ½ courses started out with caviar surprise – hopefully pictures will be posted on the crossing web site today. Thanks to Larry and Gary, the other wait staff, and Andre for the wonderful service, night after night.

DisneyJen – mission accomplished. Hope dark blue is ok. If not I can exchange, but I can’t see Mr. Disney Jen in mint green.

ZQVol – is bright yellow ok?. Otherwise you will have to be very careful with the washer/dryer, even though Ive been assured even you can’t shrink these shirts.

At liar’s club – our team was successful (if CTBJR has already posted, please forgive repeat celebration). If you have a choice, go with the Scottish beer joist and the gingerbread with raisins. Mack was back but a bit more subdued (or we are getting used to the backyard mechanic)

The die-hard walkers will be going 100 laps today. This will finish the marathon James committed to at the beginning. I’ll cheer them on from poolside as CTBJR takes pictures and heckles. Off to my own short walk, eggs benedict, pool time, a massage . . . and unfortunately, packing . . .

FT

Dark blue is perfect FT! You are right, mint green is NOT his color:p Thanks so much!

Looking forward to a full report on Liar's Club (guess ctb was busy celebrating last night and forgot to post:D).

Enjoy your last day at sea...

One hundred laps were completed by the runners late this morning and less than an hour later the heavens opened and flooded us out of TOP and the yacht club outside dining room... we are now awaiting an announcement to tell us where lunch will be served.

Exciting times... will we make it to Miami or will we be stranded on a deserted isle in the Bahamas?

Stay tuned!!!

alita

One hundred laps were completed by the runners late this morning and less than an hour later the heavens opened and flooded us out of TOP and the yacht club outside dining room... we are now awaiting an announcement to tell us where lunch will be served.

Exciting times... will we make it to Miami or will we be stranded on a deserted isle in the Bahamas?

Stay tuned!!!

alita

Well done Sea Dream walkers! Quite impressive!

Oh no ... rained out of TOY bar on your last sea day:mad:

Thinking good thoughts that the weather will clear this afternoon and evening so you can have a wonderful time this evening at TOY!

I'm packing my suitcases at the moment, most of the others did this chore early and are enjoying final moments at the piano bar. Dinner was a wonderful occasion, the Captain joined us at his table and we had a jolly time and lots of spirited conversation... he told us it was the first time anyone else had been permitted to commandeer the table for the entire cruise forcing him to use another table on the evenings he dined in. But he didn't mind at all, was pleased that we had enjoyed it so much...

I had my turn in the large bali bed last night, it began very well but around 2AM there was a quick shower and wet bedding drove me inside. Very few people have been able to complete a night on deck during this crossing...

Last night I dined with the Captain at his temporary table, there were five of us including two cc'ers--#534 and SW18--and an architect/designer who's involved in designing the interiors of ships including SD 1&2 and QM2. Again, lively convivial conversation... we were the last out of the dining room and most of the tables had been made up by the time we walked out the door. I joined Charlie, Allen and Maggie at the office for nightcaps and eventually headed up front to my bali bed.

Sunday was of course the *big* day beginning at noon with the pool party and continuing in the evening with LeeAnn's birthday pyjamarama... I won't go into detail about the high-jinks but they did verge on the outrageous. There are some great photos but I doubt that anyone will be posting them on the internet!

Back to packing now... will write more once I'm home but do want to say that this has been a great crossing, our group of 10 have bonded extremely well and it's going to be hard to say goodbye tomorrow. Several of us have booked the crossing next year and it'll be a great reunion when we meet up in Tenerife!

ciao from alita

p.s. Jen, want to wish you a happy family cruise on HAL!

Good morning SeaDreamers!

I am sure that this is a sad day ... but it sounds like plans are underway for a reunion cruise.

Alita, thanks for the good wishes for our family cruise. I'll probably post a trip report of some kind but it won't be a HAL-SD comparison like last year's SB-SD.

Safe travels!

We're currently pulling into Miami and will be off the ship in less than 2 hours. It's hard to believe it's over. This really has been a memorable cruise thanks to fellow guests and crew.

Last night James sang in the Piano Bar. He has been having some voice problems and claimed to be "faking it" but he sounded great as usual to me.

In closing, I'll simply say that having done this crossing two years in a row I believe that anybody considering doing a crossing on SeaDream who has the time to do so shouldn't miss it. It's a truly memorable experience.

Thanks to all for indulging us and best wishes to DJ on her upcoming cruise.

We're currently pulling into Miami and will be off the ship in less than 2 hours. It's hard to believe it's over. This really has been a memorable cruise thanks to fellow guests and crew.

Last night James sang in the Piano Bar. He has been having some voice problems and claimed to be "faking it" but he sounded great as usual to me.

In closing, I'll simply say that having done this crossing two years in a row I believe that anybody considering doing a crossing on SeaDream who has the time to do so shouldn't miss it. It's a truly memorable experience.

Thanks to all for indulging us and best wishes to DJ on her upcoming cruise.

Actually those of us who were stuck on land thank all of you for letting us take this voyage vicariously with you!

Ctb, we'll be laying over at MCO for 2 hours on Friday. Not long enough for us to catch up:(

Appreciate the good thoughts for next week.

Thanks to all the cruisers for the glowing reports and allowing us to live vicariously through you. Safe teavels home, and DJ have a good trip next week, you and FT can compare notes.

Thanks zqvol! Looking forward to getting together to compare notes ... maybe we'll even let the boys join us this time:p

When does FT arrive home? You better have the champagne waiting for her:D

I'm glad James was able to sing, he probably shouldn't have though. We really enjoyed him this summer.

Thanks ctbjr for all the daily updates, it really meant a lot to cruise along with you all. Have a safe journey home everyone.

NASCAB

Archived