Poll: (2) 4 day cruise inside cabin or (1) 7 day cruise with a balcony?

For this poll assume the (1) 7 day cruise visits ports A,B,C,D. Also (1) 4 day cruise visits ports A and B (the same A & B from the 7 day cruise). The second 4 day cruise visits ports C&D (the same C&D from the 7 day cruise. Assume ALL the cruise choices sail on the SAME ship. Also the total cost of the (1) 7 day cruise in the balcony cabin is the SAME PRICE as the total costs of the (2) 4 day cruises with the inside cabin.

I'd take the 7-day over two 4-days, even if they were both in the same type of cabin. If the 4-days aren't B2B, the travel is expensive and a hassle (I hate the travelling part, and only enjoy the cruising part). Even if it's a B2B, though, there is only a one-day difference, and that day is the relatively worthless disembarkation/embarkation day. I would rather not go through that hassle (not to mention a second muster drill) unless I'm getting a lot more vacation out of the deal.

I'd take the 7-day over two 4-days, even if they were both in the same type of cabin. If the 4-days aren't B2B, the travel is expensive and a hassle (I hate the travelling part, and only enjoy the cruising part). Even if it's a B2B, though, there is only a one-day difference, and that day is the relatively worthless disembarkation/embarkation day. I would rather not go through that hassle (not to mention a second muster drill) unless I'm getting a lot more vacation out of the deal.

I agree.

If you get the same cabin on a B 2 B you can keep all of your stuff in the room during the switchover from what I have read here. You could find a nice quiet area (library, out of the way deck) and chill until lunch. The only inconvenience would be the second 20 min muster drill.

Definitely the 7 day with a balcony. Had an inside cabin on our first cruise and a balcony on our last 4. DW will only cruise in a balcony cabin, specifically one of the aft wrap around balconies. I think the only way my DW would take an inside room is if it were free.

For this poll assume the (1) 7 day cruise visits ports A,B,C,D. Also (1) 4 day cruise visits ports A and B (the same A & B from the 7 day cruise). The second 4 day cruise visits ports C&D (the same C&D from the 7 day cruise. Assume ALL the cruise choices sail on the SAME ship. Also the total cost of the (1) 7 day cruise in the balcony cabin is the SAME PRICE as the total costs of the (2) 4 day cruises with the inside cabin.

Sorry, am I missing something here. I could do 3 to 4 of the 4 day cruises in an inside cabin for the price of one 7 night cruise with a balcony. That's 12 to 16 days instead of 8. So to me this poll makes no sense.

I just did an 8 night cruise on the Liberty for $900.00 in an inside cabin. I cruised single. A balcony cabin would have cost me $1800.00. So I could cruise for 16 days instead of 8 for the same price...

That's twice as much cruising time for the same price.

Sorry to say but your poll makes no sense because the numbers are not right...;)

JMHO

Sorry, am I missing something here. ...............That's twice as much cruising time for the same price.

Sorry to say but your poll makes no sense because the numbers are not right...;) JMHO

I agree.... doesn't make sense that 8 days inside costs the same as 7 days balcony.... especially given same ports around the same time.

My vote is neither.... 7 or 8 days are not enough for us. We would do a B2B 7 as a minimum.

The other factor here is doing the 4 day B2B is somewhat equivalent to the 7 day because you "lose" a day when the ship turns around between legs. I know it is not lost.... but it is not a very "productive" day.

Seems to me, if they are in fact visiting all the same ports, I would take the balcony 10 times out of 10. Especially since you are going to gain all that much more time with the 2 shorter trips...

Archived