What is the Prettiest Harbor......

sail7seas

We always thought Grenada had a pretty harbor. Since the horrible devastation they suffered this past hurricane season, I don't know if it has lost it's beauty. That island suffered such devastation.

Venice always grabs my heart. Mykonos, Greece is so magnificent we could not bear to eat our lunch indoors. We bought sandwiches and our little group all ate on the boardwalk abutting the harbor so we could 'feast our eyes' while we ate. :) Didn't want to miss one second of that incredible beauty.

DJErikD--thanks for the background on the american navy. We live in Beverly, MA and our fair city, along with Marblehead does indeed claims to be the birthplace of the navy. I agree with Sail, the Marblehead harbor is quite beauiful..as is all the north shore harbors..salem, Beverly, Manchester by the Sea .. lots of quaint New England Charm!

Also agree with previous posters about Bar Harbor, Maine

Loved Curacao --

St. Georges - Bermuda

Peggy Sue

PeggySue.....

Did you happen to be at Marblehead Harbor when they sailed the USS Constitution (Old Ironsides) from Boston to Marblehead. All new sails had been sewn for her and when she rounded the bend (sailing under her own sails with no tow), what a magnificent sight. No ship lover/sea goer who was there that day will ever forget that picture. It was during the last celebration of the Tall Ships in Boston, I believe....probably about 1998 or so.

Neat thread. Interesting and fun to read. I'd go for San Francisco or New York for urban ports, St. Thomas or Grenada for the Caribbean. The sail out from Tortola late in the afternoon with the sunset between the smaller islands is also really beautiful.

Archived