Country Club Casual

LegalSailor

We did 4 weeks in Italy several years ago with just a carry on and a tote for each of us. Stick to one basic color and accent with scarves. All you really need is one good pair of walking shoes and one pair of eveningish shoes. No one remembers what you wear but you anyhow. . . . The ship does have laundry facilities.

Fran (and Jeff)

I puchased a smaller pice of luggage for our last cruise - 24". I keep saying I will just take a carry on but have never been able to do it. Did take a small carry on on a 10 day motor coach toir in Ireland without any problems. But a cruise - we need to much stuff with us. I keep packing lighter and lighter but the weight of the luggage packed doesn't go down. I even bought one of those light weight pieces of luggage - what's a person to do?

MARION

Do you think it is possible for a reasonably fashion conscious woman to pack for a 10 day Med cruise in June in just one carry on and a large "purse/satchel"? I hate to check luggage. Has anyone managed this? Thanks.

One question is what airports you will be going through. LHR is very restrictive relative to carry on luggage. Only one item per person - not the normal one plus purse etc.

Please, does anyone know of a travel clothes store with knits, etc. like Chico's & Coldwater that has SMALL sizes. I am a 0 - 2 & there is nothing in either store that fits me. Would really appreciate any info you can provide!

Hi Golfette, I have been happy so far with clothes from here: http://www.territoryahead.com. They have lots of XS sizes. Good luck!

I am told that on those cruise that are "clothing optional", towels are required to be placed upon chairs before being seated.

I'm guessing that would apply to all seats/chairs, etc.

I'm not interested in booking a "clothing optional" cruise.

Kiamata, do "spanx" have pants as well as tights or is it only tights? While I am size 0 - 2 depending on maker (size 2's are a lot larger today by some manufacturers than they were a few years ago), I am 5'5" so petite doesn't work for me. I'm not a kid anymore either, so finding pants that are "mature" enuf for me is a real problem.

If you wish to only take one cabin bag with you for a cruise, I am wondering how you are going to be able to take on board your cosmetic bag holding not only your make up but your deoderant, toothpaste etc.

Airports these days are extremely strict with what one takes on board a plane and if you are taking creams, toothpaste etc with you, they can only be in the smallest of quantities.

Jennie

• 5 weeks later...

Archived