WooHoo . . . My Cruise has gone UP

nasvhillecruise

my last cruise and this one, prices just went up. this one, not as much, but still...none of the balconies have gone down to where i got mine. like you, not much of a difference..but enough to make you feel good about it. leaving in 26 days, they have 1 owner's suite and a few BAs left...if they drop any prices, it will be for the lower level cabins that they have left.

I think the pricing is just like rental cars... the prices go up and down all year long, depending on the day or the hour of the day. When I booked my rental car 6 months ago, it was$139 for the 1 day rental. When I checked it 2 weeks ago, it was $29.95 for the 1 day rental. Needless to say, I canceled it and re booked it at the lower price. Now I have more money to spend on my shore excursions!!!!

Your post inspired me to go and check, and the cabins I booked for my folks (the Jan. 27th cruise) have gone up quite a bit. I booked August 1st so it's been more than two months. I'm saving over $100 each plus the associated taxes and fees.

It will be fun seeing how far it does go up. In a way it's like watching the prices of plane tickets.:cool:

I have to admit I was a bit leery of the promotion because I was hearing reports that later bookings were still cheaper. One one hand I was satisfied with the price I paid for my parents' vacation. On the other hand it's great fun to get a better deal than someone else.

We booked our January Gem cruise 18 months in advance and I now see current prices of inside cabins as much as I originally paid for my mini-suite. With the endless increases in the price of oil, I fear a dreaded "fuel surcharge" is a looming possibility. Some of us may be celebrating too early?

For our Pearl cruise to Alaska in August, there are no more AB cabins left to book. That's amazing this far out, and makes me glad we booked when we did. Especially for those in our party in the AB. We have an adjoining AF and it has risen in price.

I am thinking the fuel situation caused by the high price of oil must be a factor. All the airlines have raised the airfares by $20 across the board recently.

When the price goes up, it's because the cruise is selling faster than expected or it's selling out. So while it's tempting to feel good because you booked at the right time and got the best price, it really just means that you'll be on a cruise filled to capacity, which will be 1) more crowded and 2) less likely for you to get an upgrade.

If the price keeps dropping after you book, someone else may end up paying less than you. But you're no worse off than if the price hadn't changed, and the drop signifies a cruise that's selling slower than expected, which means that your trip will be less crowded and more upgrades are available.

I like taking the positive road rather than the negative, so if the cruise is filling up, it'll just give me the opportunity to meet more people. I'm not really one to lay by the pool, so I won't have to worry about those infamous chair hogs & not being able to get a chair b/c it's a full ship. I plan on spending most of my time with DS at the kid's pool anyway. And the more kids there, the happier he will be.

And if I don't get an upgrade, oh well. Being my 1st cruise, I won't know what I'm missing anyway! ;)

When the price goes up, it's because the cruise is selling faster than expected or it's selling out. So while it's tempting to feel good because you booked at the right time and got the best price, it really just means that you'll be on a cruise filled to capacity, which will be 1) more crowded and 2) less likely for you to get an upgrade.

If the price keeps dropping after you book, someone else may end up paying less than you. But you're no worse off than if the price hadn't changed, and the drop signifies a cruise that's selling slower than expected, which means that your trip will be less crowded and more upgrades are available.

I think most sailings are filled to capacity these days. I've just completed my 20th cruise and just about every one was sold out.

Archived