How to choose a balcony?

regtobi

How do I pick which balcony I want to be in?. I called to book a guarantee balcony and was advised that if I booked the cruise within 48 hours, I could choose any balcony on any deck that is not currently booked and get if for the same price. Okay, so this will be our 2nd cruise and our first time in a balcony. How do I select?

Ship. Carnival Triumph.

I've looked at the deck plans and can't honestly say that I understand it all. How can I tell what rooms are right underneath a restaurant, club, etc...

Is it better to be in the front or back of the ship?

What questions should I ask and what should I pay attention to? Help?????

I always book a stateroom on the Port side of the ship, toward the middle of the ship but convient to the stairs/elevators (like 2-3 staterooms from the stairs). If motion is a problem you want to stay as close to the center of the ship as possible (up and down motion) and as low as possible (side to side motion). We usually book suites which are on the upper decks and have never had any problem with motion so unless you have a real problem don't worry to much about the deck.

As for noise, I have heard only a couple of people comment about this and these were on smaller and older ships. If noise from the pool and Lido were a problem on upper decks I think cruise lines would not put the suites under them which is exactly where they are.

Hope this helps.

I would recommend picking a balcony cabin on the lido deck. I had one on the Destiny (Triumph's sister ship) and absolutely loved it. You are then just a few steps away from the pools, buffet, and pizza! :D I didn't notice it being any noisier there either.

I would also suggest a balcony on the lido deck. I had one this past April on the Victory and it was perfect. On the lower decks, I have also heard, you get more spray from the ocean and it can get pretty wet. I had no problem on the lido deck with this. Good luck and have fun.

Kelly :)

We were on the Triumph in June and had our first balcony ever on the Lido deck right next to the elevator. Only heard hall/elevator noise once and for just a minute or two. It was NO big deal at all. Absolutely LOVED the location....sooooo close to everthing on lido and just a push of an elevator button away from anything else (or stairs, but we rarely did that...the kids loved the glass atrium elevators). Go for lido! Enjoy!

And, one question you may want to ask your TA is which cabins have extended balconies. These cabins are the same size with a little larger balcony. I had one last time, and it made a difference to how much we enjoyed the balcony. But, the only way I can find out which are extended was to ask my PVP.

An agent is gonna give you a pick of balconies for the same price of a gaurantee?? You better jump on that deal and pick a 9A. (the wrap around balconies on the back in the corners. I think there are only 6 of these cabins available.

Or the stern of the ship "boat" where one can relax with foo-foo drink in hand and watch the beautiful sunset, while others on the bow can listen to the waves "crash" against the bow..

Seriously tho', if it was a first time balcony for me, I'd probably do center of ship, port side (no idea why), Empress Deck or above.. I previously had a cabin on Triumph on Panorama Deck booked but got a really cheap upgrade to a suite, sooooo... ;)

and I really doubt if that is a choice if you are booking a BL!

Have a great cruise.. :)

I've had a center (OV), a stern <side> (OV), a forward (balcony).. and now I'm going directly "aft"! Balcony's are the only way to go.. They are ALL great!

Archived