Room Service - Golden Princess

Cruisung Lady

i beleive there is a couple of dollar charge for pizza. Everything else is free. For breakfast yuo can get a full breakfast. Like most full service hotels there is a card in your room to pre-order breakfast. Fill it out, indicate when you want it delivered and hang it outside your cabin door the night before.

Other than breakfast there is a limited menu, unless you have a full suite. The limited menu has sandwiches, burgers, salads, etc. You cannot order from the dining room dinner menu.

i beleive there is a couple of dollar charge for pizza. Everything else is free. For breakfast yuo can get a full breakfast. Like most full service hotels there is a card in your room to pre-order breakfast. Fill it out, indicate when you want it delivered and hang it outside your cabin door the night before.

Other than breakfast there is a limited menu, unless you have a full suite. The limited menu has sandwiches, burgers, salads, etc. You cannot order from the dining room dinner menu.

I rarely get room service... but I didn't know about the charge for pizza (or even that it was available thru room service)... are you sure that's Princess? I've heard of other lines doing the "pizza delivery for a charge" concept.

I'm not sure (my first Princess cruise is this month) but I thought from reading these boards that the breakfast menu is limited. You CAN write in items, just don't make it too elaborate. Can someone who recently sailed on Princess (especially the Golden) confirm this?

We sailed on the Golden a year ago, and there was a limited breakfast menu (or perhaps better stated, an extensive continental breakfast menu but no warm food). We had mixed success with write-ins like scrambled eggs-- sometimes they arrived and sometimes they didn't; but we weren't penalized for trying!

Hi Marcia: Breakfast is very limited to "continental" items only (muffins, danises, juice, coffee): We wrote in "whole wheat toast"; "sweet & Low"; "large cranberry juice" and I've heard of people writing in eggs (we didn't).....We always got what we asked for....(Never too complicated)...We ALWAYS gave a $2.00 tip. Don't forget to write in the amount of what you want....they tend to lean towards the "skimpy" side!

The timing was very good; we asked for delivery between 8:00 & 8:30 it ALWAYS came at 8:30am.

We NEVER ordered room service for dinner but did ask for cheese & crackers prior to and they sent a beautiful display of cheeses/crackers and a bowl of grapes.....very nice!

I don't know about the pizza but their sandwiches were very good!

We were in a veranda cabin on Baja Deck.

The amount we got for two (2) would have served four (4) easily! The cheese was abundantly full, the crackers just right and grapes were delicious.

We ordered the tray at about 2:00pm......I'm sure you could order it later....I don't see why not!

We stuck the leftovers in the frig.

so anything ordered for in room service, , then there are no extra charges for other than pizza? why pizza..??pizza is free (well free as in part of the cruise price) at the grills like all food, so why a charge for room service? ??thnx

Another question wizard-of-oz, there surely is a charge other than the tip for the crackers and cheese? If so, what is the charge? Where do you call to order them. Room service? Thanks so much for all the info you are giving me.......

I called "room service" asked for a tray of "cheese and crackers."

Simple as that......They didn't ask what kind of cheese/crackers....for how many? I figuered what ever was sent would be fine!!!!

Fifteen minutes went by; a knock on the door; a lovely young woman delivered the tray and a bowl of grapes......I signed a slip....gave her a tip....was NEVER charged for it!

I was very surprised at the amount and variety of cheese all cut into lovely triangles; served on a silver tray....the crackers were piled in the center (all wrapped in cellophane), not so pretty but effective! With a bowl of yellow/seedless grapes.

I called "room service" asked for a tray of "cheese and crackers."

Simple as that......They didn't ask what kind of cheese/crackers....for how many?I signed a slip....gave her a tip....was NEVER charged for it!

This room service menu indicates that there is a charge for the cheese, cracker, & fruit tray. Are you sure it didn't get charged to your onboard account?

Cruiseclues Princess Cruises Star Princess Cruise Room Service Menus, Cruise Food

I am absolutely positive I didn't get charged for it......(Maybe I just got lucky.)

My DH is anal about checking the final tab....and looking for charges that don't belong or being over charged.........We were NEVER charged......Now, I'm feeling badly.....maybe I should pay them for it when I get back on the ship on the 24th.......:o

Has anyone had luck ordering omelets for breakfast from room service (specifically the CB)? All other cruises we have been on had omelets on the menu, and we even wrote in extras to be added to the omelet- like mushrooms or bacon and got them.

If not, I guess we will just have to go up the buffet and then bring it back to our room.

Archived