Laundry update-Azamara Quest

factor30

Have just spoken to Paul, Azamara Customer Services, Miami, who confirmed the following:

Washing and drying facilities will be on the Quest (if not already) by the 12 Nov sailing on Deck 7.

Charges: $2 per washload

$2 per drying load

No need to bring detergent as it is automatically released at start of wash.

Bring your own softener sheets for the dryer if required.

He also mentioned, no ironing facilities and no irons permitted on board.

If anyone finds any different to the above, could they please post.

Rita

Have just spoken to Paul, Azamara Customer Services, Miami, who confirmed the following:

Washing and drying facilities will be on the Quest (if not already) by the 12 Nov sailing on Deck 7.

Charges: $2 per washload

$2 per drying load

No need to bring detergent as it is automatically released at start of wash.

Bring your own softener sheets for the dryer if required.

He also mentioned, no ironing facilities and no irons permitted on board.

If anyone finds any different to the above, could they please post.

Rita

Great! That just reduced some of my packing!!

I am going to be one wrinkled mess.

Every ship I have been on has had a laundry room with 1 or 2 irons.

Princess, NCL, RCCL, Holland America and Carnival.

I must admit I have already done 2 hours of ironing today.

I cannot imagine a laundry room with no irons.

Why not??

Carol M:mad:

Just to be clear...are there no irons or ironing boards available in the laundry room?

According to the OP's post it appears that there are no ironing facilities for guest use - this is a link to prices for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing services - from Celebrity's website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=0000EZv2e0eKSb-zX8OY2XvKWtd:12hdebcnj?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&pagename=faq_answers

Hi Carol, Celebrity ships don't have self service laundry facilities .... there was some question whether Azamara would have them. Not sure why they are providing washers/dryers but no irons & boards ... but think of the extra time you'll have to enjoy on your cruise! :)

Before I pack sparingly, can someone on this latest cruise seen the Washers & Dryers? I will feel much better hearing that they are there from a cruiser than a Customer Service Rep.

Cruisers1975 log said that he did get a laundry bag that he could stuff to have clothes wash and fold for $20 because he was a Captain's Club member. Was that for Elite members or for all categories?

Janie

These ships were designed with a laundry room. There is no cabin across the hall from it and when they were Ren ships the room did have an ironing board with iron. Maybe Azamara doesn't want to offer ironing but they should think 2x about it, as most laundry comes out of those industrial dryers extremely wrinkled. Even my packed items need a bit of ironing sometimes. I will miss an iron if they don't have one as I am use to sailing on HAL ships that offer laundry rooms w/iron. There are alot of pax that would rather do laundry on a longer cruise than schlep tons of bags/clothing. I am personally a fan of self laundry on a cruise ship. Happy Sailing!

Sorry, I do not remember the names for the Captain's Club categories but we were in the middle level and we received the same coupon - $20 for a bag full of laundry. We did not receive the bag so do not know how large it was. And had we received the bag, we would not have used it.

I saw the book for the lowest level, and it was also $20 for a bag. Actually, the internet discount (10% bonus minutes) and the specialty coffee were the same, too.

I wonder if they just had the same books for all 3 levels, or if they put additional coupons in the higher level books.

These ships were designed with a laundry room. There is no cabin across the hall from it and when they were Ren ships the room did have an ironing board with iron. Maybe Azamara doesn't want to offer ironing but they should think 2x about it, as most laundry comes out of those industrial dryers extremely wrinkled. Even my packed items need a bit of ironing sometimes. I will miss an iron if they don't have one as I am use to sailing on HAL ships that offer laundry rooms w/iron. There are alot of pax that would rather do laundry on a longer cruise than schlep tons of bags/clothing. I am personally a fan of self laundry on a cruise ship. Happy Sailing!
They also state on their FAQ's No irons to be brought aboard...But the great thing is IT"S Counryt Club casual and you don't NEED to look so spiffy...really people dress like they would to go to Chili's or Applebys in main dining room. You'll quickly come to enjoy it, not having to take an hr or more to get ready for dinner!

For you who doesn't want to do laundry, there's always the ships laundry at 2$ for a piece of undies. Not all of us are honored to be members of the Capt. club, seems to be a really big thing with people who stick to one line or another...but lots of us shop around and do many cruiselines (never know whether you'll like them if you don't try them, but I admit C C boards showed me that I wouldn't like RCCL without taking the cruise, everything their people LOVED, I thought sounded BAD) Having a laundry for us lower income cruisers is a GREAT boon. Otherwise people try to do hand laundry in cabins and WOW things just don't dry in the restrooms! Had a neighbor on last cruise strung a washline on balcony... beside the clinking of it blowing around all night, it just looked TACKY from dock!:D

I saw the book for the lowest level, and it was also $20 for a bag. Actually, the internet discount (10% bonus minutes) and the specialty coffee were the same, too.

I wonder if they just had the same books for all 3 levels, or if they put additional coupons in the higher level books.

Where do these books come from?

Thx,

Alan (& Regina)

They are coupon books for various levels of the Captain's Club. If you are a member, your cabin steward..oops sorry, butler... should leave two in your cabin the first day or so of the cruise.

Karen

So, That's what the Quest's butler is for :D :D

Thanks Karen,

woo-hoo it's getting sooo close to sail-away!!

Alan (& Regina)

I am going to be one wrinkled mess.

I must admit I have already done 2 hours of ironing today.

I cannot imagine a laundry room with no irons.

Why not??

Carol M:mad:

Carol, none of RCCL ships have laundry rooms, and they don't provide or allow irons as they are a fire hazard.

###

I just have a personal hangup about walking around in something that has a packing crease down the middle of it. :D:D So that's why I was hoping they'd offer ironing as well as laundry services. But the $20 bag of laundry deal sounds good if the bag is big enough. Last time I was on a cruise the bag for the laundry deal was so small we could only fit a few items into it before the bag tore (it was paper). I am also leary because I have had buttons melted by cruise ship laundry service. Happy Sailing!

If you will take your clothes and hang them in the bathroom and run hot water in the shower for 20 min the wrinkles will disappear! Peter

That's a lot of valuable resources down the drain.:eek:

How about steaming them while showering?

My trick for filling the laundry bag as much as possible: don't wad up the dirty clothes and stuff them in. Lay them flat on top of each other, then have the strongest person in the cabin roll them as tight as possible and shove into the bag. Worked for us, and items come back nicely pressed on hangers. I specify "no hot water or dryer" and so far I've been lucky.

Archived