New Documents do have tags!

Vidimom

Just received my cruise documents for our cruise 12/15 on the Celebration and they now print the luggage tags in the book of documents instead of them being loose with strings on them. You have to tape or staple them on your luggage and they are blue.

Several people worried about not having tags with the documents and now they don't have to worry since they are printed with all your information on them including your cabin number, name, ship and sailing date. There are two tags per person and a site you can print more if you need them.

I am just excited to get my documents!!!

Just received my cruise documents for our cruise 12/15 on the Celebration and they now print the luggage tags in the book of documents instead of them being loose with strings on them. You have to tape or staple them on your luggage and they are blue.

Several people worried about not having tags with the documents and now they don't have to worry since they are printed with all your information on them including your cabin number, name, ship and sailing date. There are two tags per person and a site you can print more if you need them.

I am just excited to get my documents!!!

Glad you got your docs!

Are the tags printed on regular paper or is it heavier stock?

If it's just standard printer paper you might want to use one of the many suggestions offered on this forum to provide a bit of added protection.

It's a heavier stock just like the documents are. It's right in the front of the book just after the welcome aboard page then there is a luggage instructions page that tells you to detach them and fold and staple or tape them.

What you can do with the printed out tags is go to Target or Walmart and in the office supply section 3m makes a self laminating luggage tag. You have to trim up the tag to fit into the plastic, but when it is done it very study and even comes with a thick rubber band type thing to attach the tag to your luggage. I just went to Target and got 5 for 3.99. I think it is well worth the money not to have to worry about a paper tag falling off my luggage. Hope this helps!!!

I was thinking about having them laminated and then punching a hole in them and running the plastic ties through them for security purposes. That way they won't come off unless you cut the ties off. I think they will be more secure than the old tags with the strings! I am sure they still have generic ones at the dock too.

I was thinking about having them laminated and then punching a hole in them and running the plastic ties through them for security purposes. That way they won't come off unless you cut the ties off. I think they will be more secure than the old tags with the strings! I am sure they still have generic ones at the dock too.

This is how mine ended up. I used the 3M Self Laminating Pouches:

bagtag.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions.

The only thing we found with the tags "attached" to our mailed documents is that they were not "color coded" as were the ones we printed off...so we have elected to laminate and use the color coded ones.

Nice picture, Mach!!!

Perhaps the tape or staple instructions work for those who put them on at home, but what about those of us who fly to the departure city? We're not supposed to put the tags on until post-flight, but I doubt many of us carry a stapler or tape in our luggage. Just a thought: are staplers even allowed on flights?

M/R

Perhaps the tape or staple instructions work for those who put them on at home, but what about those of us who fly to the departure city? We're not supposed to put the tags on until post-flight, but I doubt many of us carry a stapler or tape in our luggage. Just a thought: are staplers even allowed on flights?

M/R

You can put them on you luggage using the 3M Clear packing tape, they will survive. Also 3M clear packing tape doesn't wiegh anything, you can put a roll in one of the front pockets of your luggage. Staplers, Dive Knives are allowed in your Checked Baggage.

Fred

M/R

I always carry tape in my suitcase, you can also bring a small stapler and attach your tags at the airport, put the stapler back in your luggage and check your bags.

Yes you can bring a stapler in your checked luggage.

If you put a hole in them, you can run either a cable tie through the holes or take a rubber band and loop it through to use just like the little stretchy strings used before.

My documents are blue. I don't know if the color changes by floors anymore. They do have which side of the ship you are on also now. Ours has FWD (forward) Starboard (right side of the ship) the Cabin number and in smaller letter our name and booking number. I think it's more detailed then they used to be where you put your address on it. They have all that information in your reservation if they need it.

I am just happy they are in the document package and I don't have to fill out those at the pier!

Archived