Tickets for Ice Show

Venicegal

Yes, you need tickets, the time and place to pick them up will be in the Compass. There are plenty of seats for everyone but they distribute them throughout the different shows. Have a second time already picked out in case your first choice is gone.

Hi,

Are the ice shows always on the same days for specific cruises? For example, on a 9-day (Explorer) do you know which days/times the show will be performed? Asking as that might be something we would want to decide before we leave.

Thanks

there are usually two shows for each dinner seating, before dinner one night, and after dinner on a different night.

The first night the ice show is performed is usually the best one to go to, because there is usually not another main show that night. So, if you have tickets for the second ice show, you'll have no show to attend the first ice show night. On the second ice show night, you'll have the ice show and the production show, one before and one after dinner.

If you have early seating, this is particularly an issue because the second ice show is at 5pm on formal night on a port day. So you have to in your formal attire by 4:45 to get to the ice show (dinner is immediately following). EVen though this sounds like a pain in the neck, it is still worth it if it is your only option.

As someone else mentioned, get there a little ahead of the distribution time if you have a particular show in mind.

As well, the theatre fills quickly. There are rude people saving seats, and they don't fill in all the seats in the middle of the rows, so it might be hard to get seats together in the lower tier that are not behind a pole if you don't get there a little early.

• 2 weeks later...
... There are rude people saving seats, and they don't fill in all the seats in the middle of the rows, so it might be hard to get seats together in the lower tier that are not behind a pole if you don't get there a little early.

Well, "saving" seats may not be the right word. Unless the saver has a pit bull parked on the seat, it's not "saved." :)

I have absolutely no problem sitting in row of "saved" seats. I do try to be reasonable, figuring each person can try to save a single seat. So 2 people can save 2 seats, etc. JMHO.

I did feel sorry for the teenage boy who was sent by his uncle to save 7 seats in the theater for the rest of the family, while they finished dessert. I said I was truly sorry his uncle put him in that predicament, and I would be happy to explain the problem to his uncle when he arrived. But when uncle showed up, all I got was dirty looks and glares from the uncle, which are much easier to shrug off than a pit bull. Since I am an OAF (old and feeble) and hard to lift (short, round, heavy) I was not too worried about being forcibly removed. :)

When I am with Darlin' Baby, tho, I am not allowed to do ANYTHING which might evolve into a "scene." She's so weird! ;)

Also, if you forget to get tickets or all the tickets are gone for the show you want - they will let you in if seats are available after all the ticket holders go in or about 5-10 minutes before show time. they know a lot of people get tickets and then don't show. You may not get your preferred seats but you will likely get a seat. We did this last week on the Liberty because we still needed to hit the Studio B bar and it was only open during the ice shows and all the tickets were gone but we had no problem getting in so we could complete our bar count! LOL And the show did look amazing!

Archived