Soda Cards

ladyt

Soda cards for adults are significantly higher in cost than for children, for whom they seem a good deal.

Buy (adult) drink tickets under "gifts" at Carnival's website @ 4/$19.50. This amount includes gratuity, though a number of people on these boards insist on tipping extra, too (but that's a whole 'nuther thread -- or three). Winds up being about a 10%-15% savings.

If you are talking about Soda Cards for Carnival, they can be used anywhere except if you are having folks bring you drinks at the pool. You can walk up to the pool bar and get them yourself. Now, technically at dinner you can have the bar folks bring you a soda, but I will promise you this...they will only come around once to you if you do that. We just went out to the bar before hand and brought the drinks into the dinning room, that is fine and then we just went out and got a soda during dinner when we wanted one. Also, check the prices on fountain soda for the trip before you buy. We found that fountain soda wound up being 1.75 (Incl. 15%) and you can only drink so much... Carnival's is a good deal. Princess' really isn't.

Directly from Carnival's site - http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Fountain_Fun_Card.aspx

What is the Fountain Fun Card?spacer.gifWe will offer to all guests the option to purchase a "Fountain Fun Card" which will allow them unlimited soft drinks for the duration of the cruise at a one time purchase price (including gratuities). The "Fountain Fun Card" can be purchased at any bar on board the ship. In all locations where beverage service is offered, guests may receive a glass of the soft drink of their choice - one glass will be served at a time and only to the guest whose name appears on the card. The card cannot be used through room service.

NOTE: A 15% gratuity will automatically be added on at the time of purchase of the Fountain Fun Card.

Cost for guests under 18 = $4 per day

Cost for guests over 18 = $5.50 per day

Free soft drinks in the dining room for children under the age of 12 is still in effect whether they have purchased a "Fountain Fun Card" or not.

So if you are over 18 you have to be drinking at least 3 sodas a day to make it worth it - now I'm talking full sodas - as they will not give you the can or the bottle with the soda card. You will have to return for refills.

Also they only serve Coke products. If you drive to the port you are better off bringing some of your own - pack it in a box - or in your luggage and send it on.

We are cruising Sunday to Sunday. Does that mean the soda card would cost $44 (8 days X $5.50)?
You are on a seven-night cruise, 7 x $5.50 = $38.50, +15% = $44.28

There is no opportunity to purchase soda on debarkation morning, so it's not counted as a "day" for soda card purposes.

We have always purchased on for our DS (13). They have always been very good in the dining room about having a drink there for him before he even gets there and usually brings two more during the meal. The rest of the time he just goes to the bars and gets his own. Plus they do serve him during the shows.

I have to say being a huge coke drinker. :D (I start the day and end the day with a coke.) I find the adult soda card not worth the effort or cash. You cannot use it unless your physically at a bar area and your only allowed a single glass. (Which is about half a can with the ice in the glass.)

So just to break even you need to drink almost 6 glasses a day and then you have to be at the bar, I think the child card is a good idea but for adults stick with buying the soda's.

Archived