We are Diamond Members on RCI, What benefits on Celebrity?

artvlay

We are Diamond Members on Royal Caribbean. What benefits do you get on Celebrity? Priority embarkation/debarkation? Discounts on balconies? Concierge type lounge? Any others? Thanks

Celebrities benefits are pretty poor, one of the worst if not the worst repeaters club in cruising. You will get priority embark/debark. No discounts on balconies and there is no concierge lounge on any ship....

Celebrities benefits are pretty poor, one of the worst if not the worst repeaters club in cruising. You will get priority embark/debark. No discounts on balconies and there is no concierge lounge on any ship....

We will be Diamond before our first cruise with Celebrity. It was my understanding that any C&A points are not counted until after the Celebrity cruise has been completed. Recently I am sure I saw another post in which someone received benefits on their first Celebrity cruise.:confused:

I am aware the benefits are poor but would like to know whether I would be entitled to use the Cruiseair for free on my first Celebrity cruise in 2009. I have booked cruise & flights with Celebrity but understand that sometimes the flights can be at difficult times and with any airline. As we are looking at a 13 hour flight I would like to have some say in how and when I fly without having to pay $75 (which is I think the cost of requesting specific flights) - also I am not sure if this is per person or per booking.

I would be grateful for any advice as to whether I will qualify for free Cruiseair.

Thank you

We will be Diamond before our first cruise with Celebrity. It was my understanding that any C&A points are not counted until after the Celebrity cruise has been completed. Recently I am sure I saw another post in which someone received benefits on their first Celebrity cruise.:confused:

I am aware the benefits are poor but would like to know whether I would be entitled to use the Cruiseair for free on my first Celebrity cruise in 2009. I have booked cruise & flights with Celebrity but understand that sometimes the flights can be at difficult times and with any airline. As we are looking at a 13 hour flight I would like to have some say in how and when I fly without having to pay $75 (which is I think the cost of requesting specific flights) - also I am not sure if this is per person or per booking.

I would be grateful for any advice as to whether I will qualify for free Cruiseair.

Thank you

If you call Captain's Club before your cruise and explain that you are Diamond with RCI's Crown and Anchor Society, they will enroll you in the Captain's Club at Elite Level and give you your CC number. With that information you can (or your TA can) call Custom Air and arrange for your flights and the fee will be waived. We did exactly that and were able to use Custom Air to book our flight from Boston to London prior to our TA and when we boarded the Constellation, our Sea Pass cards identified us as Elite members.:) Few of the benefits compare with those from C&A but there was a coupon for "all the clothes you can stuff into a Celebrity paper laundry bag" for $20 which we found useful. Most of the other coupons required you to spend something to get another free or at a discount. :)

I am not Elite, Diamond, or Saran Wrap, but on a recent Century cruise we got a paper bag and stuffed in about 20 different items, folded very small, which we got laundered for $25--surely they can come up with a better frequent cruiser benny than that!

I actually was on the inaugural cruise of Galaxy, but they can't find any record of me being on the ship (apparently they had "computer issues" some time back and "lost" all their records) so I can't get credit for it. But if the advantages are so puny, I guess it really doesn't matter. They told me if I could come up with a photo showing me on the ship they would consider giving me credit. Having gone through a divorce and moved three states away, that's just not going to happen. No biggie, I guess!

CP

Raffles - just booked our first Celebrity cruise. After I booked it, called Captains Club, gave them our booking number, they verified we are Diamond Plus with RCI and enrolled us as elite.

You just have to have a cruise booked with them to get the level you're entitled too. You don't have to complete a cruise.

I was told our seapass cards would show elite and that's how we're identified on the invoice. We'll see what our docs say when we get them.

OOPS - looks like I hit a button by mistake and got a double post - Apologies everyone :o Anyone tell me where the Eit button is - can't see it anywhere??

If you call Captain's Club before your cruise and explain that you are Diamond with RCI's Crown and Anchor Society, they will enroll you in the Captain's Club at Elite Level and give you your CC number. With that information you can (or your TA can) call Custom Air and arrange for your flights and the fee will be waived. We did exactly that and were able to use Custom Air to book our flight from Boston to London prior to our TA and when we boarded the Constellation, our Sea Pass cards identified us as Elite members.:) Few of the benefits compare with those from C&A but there was a coupon for "all the clothes you can stuff into a Celebrity paper laundry bag" for $20 which we found useful. Most of the other coupons required you to spend something to get another free or at a discount. :)

"Raffles - just booked our first Celebrity cruise. After I booked it, called Captains Club, gave them our booking number, they verified we are Diamond Plus with RCI and enrolled us as elite.

You just have to have a cruise booked with them to get the level you're entitled too. You don't have to complete a cruise.

I was told our seapass cards would show elite and that's how we're identified on the invoice. We'll see what our docs say when we get them."

Thank you both for that information. I will not be Diamond until after my TA in September 2008 but will contact Celebrity as soon as possible once I get the credits from C&A - still plenty of time to arrange flights.

As we live in Scotland and dislike long flights we thought it would be an opportunity to visit San Francisco for a couple of days once we disembark at San Diego - I have not looked into that yet and am not sure how practical it would be unless I can arrange to fly back home from SF. It would be easier just to spend time in San Diego but SF is somewhere I have always wanted to go.

Once again thank you both for the information. It is very much appreciated :)

Maria,

I believe the Custom Air fee is waived for platinum and diamond RCI cruisers and select and elite CEL cruisers. Since you are already platinum with RCI, I believe you can get a select Captain's Club ID, then request the flights you want without incurring the custom air charge. When you complete your TA and make diamond, re-contact Captain's Club and have your status changed to "elite" for your CEL cruise. I see you are on the Jewel TA with us - join our roll call, lots of chatting going on there!

Rita

When you complete your TA and make diamond, re-contact Captain's Club and have your status changed to "elite" for your CEL cruise. I see you are on the Jewel TA with us - join our roll call, lots of chatting going on there!

Rita

Hi Rita

Thanks for the info. I am already on the roll call boards for the Jewel - (Faye & Billy) we have signed up for lots of the activities so I am sure we will meet up at some point. It looks like a really great cruise and it's great to start to get to know fellow cruisers this early. I am also on the roll call for the inaugural cruise for the Independence in May but you wouldn't believe how little interest there is compared to the Jewel TA :(

This info is really helpful for 2009 but I expect we will have to pay for custom flights for the TA as we will still be gold. We were hoping to spend a day or two in Boston but will have to see - hotels and custom air charges (and perhaps and additional cost for flights) might make it an expensive couple of days.

Cheerie

Faye

We are Diamond Members on Royal Caribbean. What benefits do you get on Celebrity?

I will try to give you a list of the benefits.

You would get free wash, dry, fold if they had a self-service laundry, BUT THEY DON'T.

You would get free use of the Concierge Lounge, and free Happy Hour drinks if they had a Concierge Lounge. BUT THEY DON'T.

You would get free service at Chops' Restaurant if they had a Chop's. BUT THEY DON'T.

You would get free dry cleaning for the whole cruise, if they offered it. BUT THEY DON'T

You would get a discount on your veranda room if they offered it. BUT THEY DON'T.

With the lack of perks, I would change cruise lines if I knew a moderately priced cruise line that had the great service and wonderful staff like Celebrity. BUT I DON'T! :)

Archived