Oosterdam/Seattle question

Jim Avery

You can be among the first off if you carry/roll your own.

I used to be the queen of tight connections. The lack of empty seats on flights, the unknown level of security at an airport plus the lines for security have made me far more cautious than I once thought possible.

Under perfect circumstances, making an 11:00 AM flight should be reasonable. I would probably hesitate because if you miss it, the way flights are being oversold, you might find yourself overnighting in Seattle before being able to snag a flight home.

It's your dime. How lucky do you feel?

In theory it would work. It's about a half-hour (with light traffic) from downtown to SeaTac. I would be skittish about taking that early a flight. Things do happen. Sometimes clearing of the ship is delayed. I'd rather spend an extra couple of hours at the airport than stress over making it out to the airport by 9:30, which is the time you need to get there for an 11:00 flight.

You definitely need to chose a later flight. I flew home out of SeaTac twice this year on a Sunday and the line to go thru TSA security was 3 times anything I have ever seen before. I thought it was terrible returning from our June cruise but September :eek: It was down right shocking. It took approx 45 to 50 minutes to get thru. Fortunately both our flights were closer to 1 PM so we were fine.

Archived