Hurricane Ivan Information

CruiseFever

Dh and I are outside trying to board up. Well you know what happens when DH and DW try and do something together. Stress is very high. He is examing every window, every board, every nail. I am just beside myself saying please nail the darn things in. OMG. I am being so patient but loosing it quickly. At this rate we will be done by 7:00am in the morning. Then to work, then leave this place for north Caroline. All Flordians my prayers are with you all in this highly stressful time.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na701

9/9/2004

Hurricane Ivan Update

September 9, 2004 -- Updated 4:00 pm PDT

Princess Cruises is closely monitoring the current and projected path of Hurricane Ivan in order to ensure the safety and comfort of our passengers and crew, which is always our foremost priority. The following is an update of Princess' sailings in the region.

Caribbean Princess Voyage B437

Caribbean Princess is currently sailing on a shortened, 5-day itinerary, which departed Monday, September 6 from Fort Lauderdale. The ship is in Cozumel today, and will sail this evening for Fort Lauderdale.

Caribbean Princess is anticipated to be well clear of Hurricane Ivan and is on schedule for its turn-around on Saturday, September 11.

Caribbean Princess Voyage B438

In order to stay clear of Hurricane Ivan, Caribbean Princess' next sailing, departing September 11, has been changed to an Eastern Caribbean itinerary from the original Western Caribbean route. The new itinerary is:

Port

Date

Arrival

Departure

Port Everglades

Sat 11 Sep

5 pm

At Sea

Sun 12 Sep

At Sea

Mon 13 Sep

St. Thomas

Tue 14 Sep

7 am

6 pm

St. Maarten

Wed 15 Sep

7 am

5 pm

At Sea

Thurs 16 Sep

Nassau

Fri 17 Sep

12:30 pm

6:30 pm

Port Everglades

Sat 18 Sep

7 am

Golden Princess Voyage 5437

Golden Princess is currently sailing on her revised Southern Caribbean itinerary, and today is in St. Lucia, followed by calls in Antigua on September 10 and St. Thomas on September 11.

The ship's routing is anticipated to avoid the effects of Hurricane Ivan, and the vessel is on schedule to return to San Juan on Sunday, September 12.

We will continue to post any updates to this information on our web site, http://www.princess.com. We appreciate the understanding that these changes are being made for the well being of our passengers and crew.

I just saw on another site that it's headed for the Florida Panhandle. I don't trust the tracks just yet. I'm at the point that I'll see it at 10PM if I'm still up for the News, and then again at 7AM when I get up. By then, I might not have to worry about it up here in Highlands County anymore.

BTW, my m-i-l and s-i-l/family fared pretty well in Davie and the Cooper City area. I just want my ship to sail on time 9/18 out of Port Everglades. Bye. There's a storm in my backyard right now!! Lynne

Sue,

Don't know for sure whether we're leaving. We're keeping our powder dry for another couple of days. The latest report I just saw has it slowing down its relentless march due to two areas of high pressure. If I had to bet right now, I would say that we will be boarding up on Saturday, but not making the final decision until Monday.

We'll either head for Ocala, Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale depending on which way it's most likely to go. Of course, we could end up outsmarting ourselves as so many did with Charley, evacuating right into Ivan's path. You just never know with these things. If you wait too long, you get caught in horrendous traffic. If you leave too soon, you could end up in its path. It's a crap shoot at best.

Let's just pray that Ivan goes out to sea and goes out with a whimper instead of a bang. Hey, it could happen.

The Monk

In a word, Squeeky, yes!! LOL. It is a hard thing to leave your home, not knowing what will happen. For some, it is impossible to leave. It will go somewher, but it keeps changing. At 11 a.m. it was in my yard. At 5 p.m. it is in the gulf, going toward Tallahassee!! If it remains on that course till monday, it woud be safe to go to lauderdale. We are all doing the best we can in a very tough situation!!! You take care, and check in when you return. We will keep the light on for you!!! :)

Darn! I should be enjoying Key West right now, but I'm home in MD. We left Tuesday, flying into Ft. Lauderdale and driving down to the Keys. After two wonderful days in Marathon, Florida...we checked out of the hotel this morning to proceed further down the Keys to Key West and the receptionist said "Where are you headed?" I gave a great big smile and said "to your next property in Key West"...she just shook her head no. I said "I'm not?". She said "all non-residents must evacuate now". What a surprise...guess I was enjoying the pool and island too much to pay attention to the track of the storm. Just knew it was still a few days away...so not too concerned. So...there went the rest of our trip and I changed our flights to come home this evening rather than tomorrow evening. No penalty fee for changing on Spirit Air, just in case your wondering. Oh well, a small issue really compared to what the residents will likely go through (again). Seemed there were already people at Ft. Lauderdale airport getting out of town. Woman in line in front of us said DH was staying with their home, but she was flying out. Ya'all stay safe!

Archived