All this negativity is making me nuts!!

sgttami

[quote name='Alexis']Could you repeat that please. :confused:
I can't agree to agree to something that I am not sure I should agree to if I don't understand whether I agree to it or not?
Thanks. :D[/QUOTE]

A comedian once said, there are those that get it, and those that don't. The latter will not get it with an explanation either.

[quote name='cruisingator2']LAMO. :D Explain that again Alexis!!!!!:)[/quote]

Only if cruisinMike explains his to me? :D I was trying to imitate his gibberish.
I am not sure if I want to be one of his "us" because I can't figure it out. ????
EDIT:
But he just told me I would never get it anyway so I do not have to worry. I do not want to be one of his "us".
I would rather just be plain old "me." ;)

[quote name='Alexis']Only if cruisinMike explains his to me? :D I was trying to imitate his gibberish.
I am not sure if I want to be one of his "us" because I can't figure it out. ????[/quote]

I wouldn't waste my time worrying about it. I think someone has their panties wound a little tight tonight and doesn't like our thread.;)

[quote name='cruisingator2']I wouldn't waste my time worrying about it. I think someone has their panties wound a little tight tonight and doesn't like our thread.;)[/QUOTE]

hee..hee...hee. I love the thread. One of the most "us vs. them" I've read in some time (not all the posts on here, mind you). Reminds me of the smokers threads, alcohol threads, but with a little different and refreshing twist.

[quote name='Sue L']You just got off of one that's not fair. I gotta try finding something for Jan or Feb or I am not going to make it.[/quote]

Sue, I'm really feeling your pain. Haven't been on a ship since February, won't be on one again until May!!!

I'm just so mad because RCCL refuses to homeport a ship here on the Arkansas River. I'm off now to write my complaint letter!! Do you think 6 single spaced pages is enough or should I make it 7?

[quote name='wrp96']Sue, I'm really feeling your pain. Haven't been on a ship since February, won't be on one again until May!!!

I'm just so mad because RCCL refuses to homeport a ship here on the Arkansas River. I'm off now to write my complaint letter!! Do you think 6 single spaced pages is enough or should I make it 7?[/quote]

I really feel bad for you with an upcoming vacation in Maui. ;):D

[quote name='sgttami']I've been on these boards for several years and cruised prior to discovering the boards. Overall, it's been a great experience.

I've met some wonderful people through CC and retained friendships with some from the very beginning whether it was on a cruise or chatting on the boards, or way back.. when a group of NJ cruisers formed and bonded and are still friends that get together!!.

Lately, the negativity is overwhelming.

Fuel surcharges, no lobster, horrible embarkation, no live bands, poor food, poor service, formal wear, etc..The list goes on..

A truly seasoned cruiser/traveler knows that anything can happen. Itineraries are diverted due to storms. Rough seas happen. People jump overboard and "screw up" your trip!, flights are cancelled, some don't dress for formal night, oh well.. etc...SHI* Happens!!

Had to vent...leaving in 9 days on EOS from Bayonne. C'mon people, focus on the positive. It's getting really depressing reading about everyone's negatives!!

Fuel surcharge: $5.00 pp...heck, it's less than the Drink of the Day which people would gladly pay double for!!!

Smooth sailing....

Pam[/quote]
I have been away for a few days, so have not read through this whole thread yet. But I thoroughly agree. But the sad thing is that in general it seems to be the prevasive attitude. Funny thing at the conference I went to this week, we had a speaker, Loretta LaRoche and she says get over it. Negativity just creates more negativity! I feel sorry for thise who feel it is their duty to spread it around. Life is short; enjoy what you can while you can... you never know.:eek:

[quote name='cruisingator2']I really feel bad for you with an upcoming vacation in Maui. ;):D[/quote]

And see, I'm sure that's RCCL's fault as well that I'm going to Maui and not on a cruise in January. I've got to add that to my complaint letter!!

[quote name='abridalmaven'] Negativity just creates more negativity! I feel sorry for thise who feel it is their duty to spread it around. [/quote]

Funny you should mention that. Seems the only difference between this thread and the others is that their negativity is directed at a corporation and yours is directed at your fellow forum members. Seems to me that your negativity is MUCH more personal and damaging to CC than their's.

Jimmers:)

[quote name='wrp96']Sue, I'm really feeling your pain. Haven't been on a ship since February, won't be on one again until May!!!

I'm just so mad because RCCL refuses to homeport a ship here on the Arkansas River. I'm off now to write my complaint letter!! Do you think 6 single spaced pages is enough or should I make it 7?[/quote]

Rather than going for the seven, make it all one long paragraph, saves space that way.:D

[quote name='iheartbda-']Rather than going for the seven, make it all one long paragraph, saves space that way.:D[/quote]

OOOHH!! Good idea!! Do you think I need to bold the 14 point red, all caps font, or would that be going overboard?

[quote name='Jimmers']Funny you should mention that. Seems the only difference between this thread and the others is that their negativity is directed at a corporation and yours is directed at your fellow forum members. Seems to me that your negativity is MUCH more personal and damaging to CC than their's.

Jimmers:)[/QUOTE]

By George....Jimmers - someone understood my original post even if it may have been by mistake. A popsicle to you.

By the way, you'll get your ship after RCI docks one here on the Chattahoochee River!!!!!!;) Of course the way things are going we may not have a river next month!!!!

[quote name='cruisingator2']By the way, you'll get your ship after RCI docks one here on the Chattahoochee River!!!!!!;) Of course the way things are going we may not have a river next month!!!![/quote]

But we already are a cruiseship port (and we actually have water). The Delta Queen comes and visits us occasionally. I don't see why RCCL can't just come visit us here like the Delta Queen does!!!

By George....Jimmers - someone understood my original post even if it may have been by mistake. A popsicle to you.

No cruisinMike, Jimmers is not the first person. Many of us understood your original post. I did understand the gibberish also.

I am not as dumb as you believe me to be. ;)

Your whole post was to make fun of everyone on here. :rolleyes:

Jimmers

Funny you should mention that. Seems the only difference between this thread and the others is that their negativity is directed at a corporation and yours is directed at your fellow forum members. Seems to me that your negativity is MUCH more personal and damaging to CC than their's.

Jimmers

No one on this thread is making fun of a fellow Cruise Critic. To say that is not true.

They are commenting on the constant complaints. It is an everyday occurrence on here to nit pick about things like: No sprinkles for my ice cream!

Yes....yes. A thread we can all get behind. It's us vs. them. They are the ones. Not us. It's them. Those other people. If it weren't for those people, we would only have people who think like us.

Yes, we won't be like them. Let's make sure we're never like them. We'll only post positive things...and if ever there is any negative posts by one of us it will be because it is important. But we will never post negative like they do...ever.

It is them. They are the ones. Let's unite and make sure we are never like them, for they don't think like us. At times let's even post nonsense on their threads because they don't think like us. Let's remind them, they are not us.

746_animated_arguing_smileys.gif

That people complained about their cruises until I started reading the posts on this site. Our family worked hard for the little bit of money we can put aside for a cruise, once or twice a year. I'm 35 and as far back as I can remember...before I was a teenager, I never EVER heard my parents complain about their cruise. Maybe a rude person at the flight check in counter, but the cruise itself is like heaven for our family.

My kids and I will be going on a cruise on Monday, our second this year. Maybe we are still humble, but honestly, we didn't have anything to complain about. We teach our kids to be thankful, and even though we are paying out hard earned money for the cruise and expect the best, it really only is what you make of it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

Happy sailing everyone!

Rather than going for the seven, make it all one long paragraph, saves space that way.:D

Definitely 7 or 8 pages. and please do not leave spaces between words. Not only does it waste pages, it is very annoying.:rolleyes:

Archived