All this negativity is making me nuts!!

sgttami

Exactly!! How you can complain about a cruise of the future beats me?????

I have stopped reading posts by certain people and it makes these boards much more enjoyable. :cool:

ME TOO!!!! :D :p :) It is true, it makes cruise critic SO much more enjoyable!

Kudos to the OP- great topic!

OP, good post! I agree with you (not the only reason its a good post, but certainly helps!). I lurk on CC all the time, but the past few months, the posts have been bringing me down. I think any cruise where everyone makes it home whole is a good cruise. Even the Linblad (sp?) cruise where the ship sank must have been quite an experience! Those passengers will have a cool story to tell for the rest of their lives!

I love cruises, I love travel. If it is luxurious, it is a treat. If it is difficult, then it is an adventure. If it is a disaster, then it is a story to tell your friends.

I've been on these boards for several years and cruised prior to discovering the boards. Overall, it's been a great experience.

I've met some wonderful people through CC and retained friendships with some from the very beginning whether it was on a cruise or chatting on the boards, or way back.. when a group of NJ cruisers formed and bonded and are still friends that get together!!.

Lately, the negativity is overwhelming.

Fuel surcharges, no lobster, horrible embarkation, no live bands, poor food, poor service, formal wear, etc..The list goes on..

A truly seasoned cruiser/traveler knows that anything can happen. Itineraries are diverted due to storms. Rough seas happen. People jump overboard and "screw up" your trip!, flights are cancelled, some don't dress for formal night, oh well.. etc...SHI* Happens!!

Had to vent...leaving in 9 days on EOS from Bayonne. C'mon people, focus on the positive. It's getting really depressing reading about everyone's negatives!!

Fuel surcharge: $5.00 pp...heck, it's less than the Drink of the Day which people would gladly pay double for!!!

Smooth sailing....

Pam

See you next Friday Pam! Very well put. I joined this board as I loved how interesting the conversations were and how positive people are. But these days if you post something oh my word...you are flamed for everything. I try to stick to our roll call and our great everything explorer thread.

Speaks the truth!

No flame from me!

I am still waiting for the post:

"Can I go around and finish people's drinks if they leave any?

That way I can afford the fuel surcharge"

LOL Texasmunk, someone was kicked off the ship for doing just that, check out the Kicked Off thread :D

###

[quote name='reallyitsmema']Exactly!! How you can complain about a cruise of the future beats me?????

I have stopped reading posts by certain people and it makes these boards much more enjoyable. Hopefully things will turn around soon or else there is gonna be a lot of coal in stockings this Christmas:eek: :cool:[/quote]

The only thing that I complain about a future cruise is that

IT'S NOT HERE YET!!!!!!!!!:D

Thank you! Someone who stands up! Couldnt agree more. Things happen. Its not a vacation without some sort of issue developing. It doesnt matter how "perfect" vacations are, it matters of the experience that everyone has. If you "roll with the punches" you're alright in the end. Dont complain unless someone gets killed (God forbid, of course.)

[quote name='sgttami']I love when people post their reviews and experiences on their cruise. Put ten people on the same trip and you will have ten different opinions. That's fine by all means.

What gets me is people "threatening" to cancel their trip because of surcharges, or looking for comps that aren't warranted and blaming the cruiseline when the least little bit goes awry..

[/quote]

[quote name='WeLuvVacation']
99 and 44/100ths percent of the world can tell the difference as to what is legit and when it is time to quit![/quote]
[COLOR=red][/COLOR]
[SIZE=4]EXACTLY![/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
BTW,[COLOR=red]sgttami[/COLOR], have a fantabulous time on your cruise and stay away from the non-alcholic whine. Drink the real stuff.:D

I think this is an awesome post. I have been on many RCCL cruises, but only a member of cruise critic for a year. I used to love logging on on Sundays and Mondays to read reviews of the previous weeks cruises. Now, it is all negative comments which many of them are not even from people who recently sailed. (lobster, bands, etc.) It is great to hear everyones negative and positive experiences however, recently there has been too much complaining!!!!!

[QUOTE]
[quote name='sgttami']

I have a family member who should be Mr. Gloom N Doom...if he knows you are excited about a cruise, he will proceed to tell you everything negative:
"Cocktapoopalopolous norovirus was on your ship." !!![/quote]
[/QUOTE]
[B][COLOR=darkorchid]Cocktapoopalopolous virus??? On OUR ship?? [IMG]http://www.sherv.net/talking/swf/funny/9.gif[/IMG]That does it! I'm unpacking! Don't look for me at our Meet & Mingle next week. [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#9932cc]Seriously, I'm tired of reading negative things too, so I try to bypass those thread titles. If someone has something negative to say, that's one thing, and they're entitled to say it, but sometimes it gets carried away and blown way out of proportion in anger. [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='cruisingator2']I do think that some complaints are legit but writing to the cruise line as one poster did BEFORE you cruise is totally ridiculous. I know that I am going to get flamed big time for this but I have thick skin. Cruising IMHO changed when the cruise lines lowered the price of cruising to attract the masses. It brought on a whole new type of cruiser. CHEAP cruisers!!!!!! They want their filet mignon, lobster and champagne for a hundred bucks a day. They bring their roll on coolers full of soft drinks and water to save money as if they were going camping. They want a refund, OBC or upgrade from the cruise line when the price drops but let the cruise line ask for a fuel surcharge and all hell breaks loose. The boards have not been fun lately but this is the future of mass market cruising.[/quote]

This got to be a post for the Hall of Fame of CC posts.

Well said.

[B][COLOR=darkorchid]That's right Gordon, What do people think they're going to get for $100 a day pp? They can't even get a good hotel room for that in our area, let alone all their meals, fuel, & entertainment. I don't understand what they're thinking. [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='sea-cruise'][COLOR=darkorchid]That's right Gordon, What do people think they're going to get for $100 a day pp? They can't even get a good hotel room for that in our area, let alone all their meals, fuel, & entertainment. [B]I don't understand what they're thinking.[/B] [/COLOR][/quote]

Gimme, gimme, gimme, want more, want more, want more............

Unfortunately, RCI is a publicly held company.

[quote name='cruisingator2']That it is!!!!!:D[/quote]

Things have been weird around here and I go on a quit smoking board and they have all been at each other's throats this week. Must be some sort of cyber full moon. Definitely not bringing out the best in people. So much for the season of goodwill to men.

[quote name='Sue L']Scary isn't it???????[/quote]

[quote name='Sue L']Things have been weird around here and I go on a quit smoking board and they have all been at each other's throats this week. Must be some sort of cyber full moon. Definitely not bringing out the best in people. So much for the season of goodwill to men.[/quote]

They must have spent the day at the malls around all of those people!!!!:D:eek: :)

[quote name='Sue L']Things have been weird around here and I go on a quit smoking board and they have all been at each other's throats this week. Must be some sort of cyber full moon. Definitely not bringing out the best in people. So much for the season of goodwill to men.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember what the *hot* topic was last year or the year before, however the CC boards always gets *testy* during the holidays :) Perhaps that is why the cruise lines decided to implement the FSC at this time ;)

###

Yes....yes. A thread we can all get behind. It's us vs. them. They are the ones. Not us. It's them. Those other people. If it weren't for those people, we would only have people who think like us.

Yes, we won't be like them. Let's make sure we're never like them. We'll only post positive things...and if ever there is any negative posts by one of us it will be because it is important. But we will never post negative like they do...ever.

It is them. They are the ones. Let's unite and make sure we are never like them, for they don't think like us. At times let's even post nonsense on their threads because they don't think like us. Let's remind them, they are not us.

[quote name='cruisinMike']Yes....yes. A thread we can all get behind. It's us vs. them. They are the ones. Not us. It's them. Those other people. If it weren't for those people, we would only have people who think like us.

Yes, we won't be like them. Let's make sure we're never like them. We'll only post positive things...and if ever there is any negative posts by one of us it will be because it is important. But we will never post negative like they do...ever.

It is them. They are the ones. Let's unite and make sure we are never like them, for they don't think like us. At times let's even post nonsense on their threads because they don't think like us. Let's remind them, they are not us.[/quote]

Could you repeat that please. :confused:
I can't agree to agree to something that I am not sure I should agree to if I don't understand whether I agree to it or not?
Thanks. :D

[quote name='sea-cruise'][B][COLOR=darkorchid]Cocktapoopalopolous virus??? On OUR ship?? [IMG]http://www.sherv.net/talking/swf/funny/9.gif[/IMG]That does it! I'm unpacking! Don't look for me at our Meet & Mingle next week. [/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#9932cc][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#9932cc]Seriously, I'm tired of reading negative things too, so I try to bypass those thread titles. If someone has something negative to say, that's one thing, and they're entitled to say it, but sometimes it gets carried away and blown way out of proportion in anger. [/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Mary..

You made me spit my Coor's Light out!!

YUP..on the serious note, it is really depressing to be checking out threads that bash just about everything. More depressing is when you are leaving in a week!!

I love the LIVE posts from a ship that I'm soon to be sailing on. Gives me the heads up on what's in store!! eg: Suzanne and the stormy seas!!

Pam

Archived