All this negativity is making me nuts!!

sgttami

I think it is very funny I just returned from our cruise on NOS and we had a great time. I listed items that posters had complained about and found them on the ship and listed them. I listed that lobster was served as part of the fisherman platter the responses back were it is not lobster. I sometimes am taken back by people on here ready to tear something apart. On all our cruises we always had a great time, did things happen yes, was there anything that ruined our cruise...no. Was our cruise a great vacation you bet. For the price you pay for a cruise vacation it is still a great value and a great way to get away.

Everyone has the right to complain just some of these compliants make it seem like their whole cruised was ruined. If you state something you don't like how about some balance on the areas that you did like. I am not crazy about the food on RCL but it has never taken away from our total cruise experience. Thanks for starting this thread.

Give me a Tax Break!, if I went into a room with someone called Loretta LaRoche and all I got was a chat, I would ask for a refund. regards

She was a keynote speaker at our conference, and I think I now know who she was talking about. Do you even know who she is? Some people seem to need to downgrade everything.:rolleyes:

She was a keynote speaker at our conference, and I think I now know who she was talking about. Do you even know who she is? Some people seem to need to downgrade everything.:rolleyes:
Yes she is below Mary Gober in the pecking order of motivational "Guru's" as you have to move in those circles, would you answer me a question? is it true that Mary G has some Tax problems and is in prison thats the gossip over here.

But it seemed to have worked on you, what were you like before,regards

I agree there is alot of griping on the Boards and some are pretty petty. However one of the reasons for the boards is to vent a bit and also see if enough people have had the same problem so that the cruise lines can sort it out.

Having had my "trying to be fair" I find that I try and avoid reading complaints cause I like to get on the cruise not thinking I will be disappointed and I never have been All cruises are A1+ with me and the missus!!!! :) :) :) :) !!

I just got off the Monarch of the Seas, 12/7/7 sailing. My family of 9 adults in 5 cabins.

We were delayed leaving the hotel because of a bomb threat called into the port, but the hotel set up coffee, tea and danish and we had a great time catching up on the 6 years since we had all been together.

My Mother is diabetic and has to eat around 6, but main dining was wait listed. We contacted the head waiter upon embarkation and were told that 200 people were ahead of us. We ended up eating our evening meals in the Windjammer every night. We pushed tables together and had a blast even though the seas were running 12-15 ft. The food was excellent.

A large group was onboard from Asia and it was very interesting as some of them had on their beautiful native dresses. In the elevator, they tried to explain to us the meaning of the costumes and everyone was friendly and laughing. The language barrier did not stand in the way of understanding and big smiles.

Sure, not everything went like clockwork. We made the best of the cruise and tipped the waiter and ass't. waiter because we knew the tips are pooled and would be shared with the Windjammer staff.

We had a great time and are planning an Alaska trip this summer.

I guess, your cruise experience is what you are willing to make it.

Just found out that Diamond members and D plus can no longer use concierge unless they are in a GS or higher...they will still have a place where we can get our cocktail hour thingy but the lounge itself is off limits. Not sure if it's all RCL but know it's on Explorer and takes effect tomorrow, the day we leave.

Funny that we got a JS guarantee right next to the CL and now we can't use it!! We're a few credits short of D plus..Oh well, changes abound!!

As OP..I'll repeat SH*T happens!! But it won't stop us from cruising.....

Pam

Just found out that Diamond members and D plus can no longer use concierge unless they are in a GS or higher...they will still have a place where we can get our cocktail hour thingy but the lounge itself is off limits. Not sure if it's all RCL but know it's on Explorer and takes effect tomorrow, the day we leave.

Funny that we got a JS guarantee right next to the CL and now we can't use it!! We're a few credits short of D plus..Oh well, changes abound!!

Pam

What you may want to find out is if it is just for this one cruise. If there are a lot of Diamond/+ on board this sailing then it may just be the case. On the Navigator a few weeks ago we had a second lounge opened each evening for the overflow but no one was restricted from using the CL. Enjoy your cruise.

Gordon, Suzanne "Auquacruiser" posted live from Explorer. She said that it is true (at least for the Explorer as far as we know). Starting with the 12/14 sailing... CL is for only GS and up regardless of C&A status. She said that info came from corporate. I asked Tim "skying" who is on Navigator right now, he is checking with the staff on the Navigator and should be posting back this evening.

Gordon, Suzanne "Auquacruiser" posted live from Explorer. She said that it is true (at least for the Explorer as far as we know). Starting with the 12/14 sailing... CL is for only GS and up regardless of C&A status. She said that info came from corporate. I asked Tim "skying" who is on Navigator right now, he is checking with the staff on the Navigator and should be posting back this evening.

Maybe they will add a Diamond/+ lounge up in the Viking Crown on the Voyager class ships like they have on the Freedom class. Not sure where they could add it on the Radiance class. The 19th hole on the Navigator has never been busy on my three cruises so it would make perfect sense to change it over.

Pam

Look at it this way, at least you'll be able to smell the delicious coffee and hear the ice tinkling in the glasses of the free drinks from your jr. suite. :)Have a great cruise. Lucky you, I have to wait until summer.

Maybe they will add a Diamond/+ lounge up in the Viking Crown on the Voyager class ships like they have on the Freedom class. Not sure where they could add it on the Radiance class. The 19th hole on the Navigator has never been busy on my three cruises so it would make perfect sense to change it over.

They could use the Hollywood Odyssey, which is often the overflow lounge anyway. It's used for jazz and cigars late at night, but I'm not sure that much else goes on in there.

Archived