New mattresses on the Aurora? I hope so!

CASPALL

Just off Aurora today after first time on her.

The cabin steward said that there was a lot of hard work for him in the refit as the bedding had all to be changed. Don't know though if that included mattresses.

However HRH and I slept very well on the existing beds so they can't be too bad.

Enjoy your cruise

We did the 2 night cruise to Belgium last weekend, all of the bedding was brand new, not sure if the matresses had been replaced too but we found them very comfortable. There was also brand new carpet in many of the public areas.

It was our first time on P and O and we really enjoyed it.

Julie

According to Portunus magazine page five, at the bottom of the article on the Artemis refit, Aurora will be getting new mattresses and duvets, as well as new carpets in all cabins. This has probably already happened as it said December.

cabinboy

(reader of the Portunus mag)

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed the cruise. Madeira Fireworks always spectacular. There were 2 comics. An Irish chap called Adrian? (often on TV with Mel & Des) saw him twice. Good safe jokes. Tom O'Connor was supposed to be the main star. However he got off at Madeira (before he performed) and was due to re join at Lisbon. However the ship was not allowed into Lisbon so I guess he is still there waiting for us.

Not too disappointed as he was on last years' Xmas caribbean cruise. Nice enough chap but never side splitting!

Paul

I know just what you mean Paul! Tom was on the Arcadia 2 years ago and we went to both his shows. We found ourselves a bit bored at the second one.

Why do P&O bring on these stars of yesteryear I wonder. All to do with money I suppose. Shouldn't complain though if it's keeping the cost of our cruise down!

Richard Baker was on our cruise in November. Such an old man now (a nice man who's had an interesting life)and doesn't quite have the edge any more, but P&O have him booked on classical cruises this year too.

Apologies to people of the same age as Richard Baker - no ageist intentions implied!

Tony Christie the singer was on our March cruise and he was TERRIBLE!!! The Batchelors were on as well and they were just OK. Richard Digance ,also on the same cruise, was excellent - very amusing.

It's always a bonus on your cruise if there is someone really good to go and see, isn't it!

Caryl

Read Brian Connelly (its a puppppppppppppppppett !!) was onboard the worldie on Aurora a few nights ago , now I would be happy to see him.:)

Mike Doyle is good, but he was both our cruises on Arcadia in May 06 and June 07 and did the same act, along with the other entertainers - all on both cruises, they shouldn't be book in 'packs'

Sue

Read Brian Connelly (its a puppppppppppppppppett !!) was onboard the worldie on Aurora a few nights ago , now I would be happy to see him.:)

Mike Doyle is good, but he was both our cruises on Arcadia in May 06 and June 07 and did the same act, along with the other entertainers - all on both cruises, they shouldn't be book in 'packs'

Sue

Sue

Why do P&O bring on these stars of yesteryear I wonder. All to do with money I suppose. Shouldn't complain though if it's keeping the cost of our cruise down!

Caryl

Caryl,

Well were are the variety stars of today????? Well as far as I can see there are non, at least not widely known.

The 'X factor' or 'Joesph' do not produce the type of act we need or if they do they will be snapped up by others and would be 2 or 3 years or a lot more before they would go on the cruise ship circuit.

So when people complain about the shows or acts on a cruise ship they shpould consider were they are going to come from.

There are certainly no variety shows on the telly for acts to make a name. So when we are going to 'A Show' on a cruise ship. We are stepping back in time and so we have to use 'these stars of yesteryear' as there are none of today.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I know Dai! I am a woman who enjoys watching repeats of The Two Ronnies, Morcambe & Wise etc and I always say you can't get comedy like that any more.

There is a huge gap out there so I wouldn't complain!

It's just that there does come a time - or a certain age when a performer should retire gracefully,don't you think.

A couple of spelling errors there Dai lad! Were you on the vino when you were typing or were you typing in a rage??

Libra Lass -how did you know that Brian Connelly was on the Aurora?

Iris Williams(singer) was on our first AND second cruise(within a year) and did the exact same 2 shows! I didn't really mind as I like her.

Caryl

I know Dai! I am a woman who enjoys watching repeats of The Two Ronnies, Morcambe & Wise etc and I always say you can't get comedy like that any more.

There is a huge gap out there so I wouldn't complain!

It's just that there does come a time - or a certain age when a performer should retire gracefully,don't you think.

A couple of spelling errors there Dai lad! Were you on the vino when you were typing or were you typing in a rage??

Libra Lass -how did you know that Brian Connelly was on the Aurora?

Iris Williams(singer) was on our first AND second cruise(within a year) and did the exact same 2 shows! I didn't really mind as I like her.

Caryl

EErrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I think you will find there was 1 error.

A coulpe cheake

:):pHippay Crusing:p:p

:cool:

Dai

Archived