Chops Speciality Restaurant price increase

It is now $25 on the NV...as reported by skyking in his "live from the Navigator" thread.

I saw this also after I had posted my response. I checked my SeaPass statement this morning and called my son to have him check his and both indicate that we were charged $20. Not sure why there's a discrepancy. Maybe the person who charged our acct forgot the price went up.:) Either way, I would've paid the $25. I love both of the specialty restaurants!

I saw this also after I had posted my response. I checked my SeaPass statement this morning and called my son to have him check his and both indicate that we were charged $20. Not sure why there's a discrepancy. Maybe the person who charged our acct forgot the price went up.:) Either way, I would've paid the $25. I love both of the specialty restaurants!

From what I was told, it was from this week that the increase would be put into effect across the fleet. So no worries :D Sorry to have put you to so much trouble :o

I have to admit I have never eaten in either place but just thought I would pass along the info I was given :)

I wonder how the increase will be handled for those given a "free" visit to Chops perhaps from their TAs etc? I am guessing the TA has to pay up front for their guests..so what happens about the extra $5 charge :confused:

From what I was told, it was from this week that the increase would be put into effect across the fleet. So no worries :D Sorry to have put you to so much trouble :o

No problem - just wanted to make sure I wasn't in error. I hadn't heard about the increase previous to the cruise so thought maybe I was charged $25 and didn't realize it. After reading some of these posts, it seems like other ships have already put the new price into effect. Guess we just squeaked by! You definitely need to try Chops or Portifinos sometime. It is a very nice dining experience.

Hi,

At The Question And Answer Session With The Captain And Other Biggies, They Said That Chops Is Full 100% Of The Time So As Someone Esle Mentioned Supply And Demand. Portifinos Doesn Not Fill Up Entirely On Ships That Also Have A Chops

Dave

Hi,

At The Question And Answer Session With The Captain And Other Biggies, They Said That Chops Is Full 100% Of The Time So As Someone Esle Mentioned Supply And Demand. Portifinos Doesn Not Fill Up Entirely On Ships That Also Have A Chops

Dave

That is what they are telling you but it isn't always full. We ate there at 8:00pm and it was only about half full. I walked by there about an hour before that and there were only a handfull of people at Chops. It was a little busier when we left but only about 75% full. (The group of 12 helped fill the place up but without them it would still be about 1/2 full.) We actually enjoyed the attention by our waiter staff and how quiet it was.

That is what they are telling you but it isn't always full. We ate there at 8:00pm and it was only about half full. I walked by there about an hour before that and there were only a handfull of people at Chops. It was a little busier when we left but only about 75% full. (The group of 12 helped fill the place up but without them it would still be about 1/2 full.) We actually enjoyed the attention by our waiter staff and how quiet it was.

Chops and Portofino are NOT SUPPOSED to be full. They take a limited number of reservations each night. As in most restaurants, waiters/waitresses have certain tables they are work. If they are all full, the service is not as good, the food is not cooked properly as it is cooked to order. Everything is geared to serving x many people at a time. (Whatever x is.)

The two restaurants have excellent service and are quiet because of the way they allow seatings. I think it is a common mis-conception that because there are empty seats, that the restaurant isn't full. Perhaps it's not "full" but all the seats are taken for the reservation period.

In all our visits neither restaurant has looked full, but there were people turned away as they had reached their allocation of people for that time.

I hope that helps people understand how they work the reservation system.

My parents are waiting to disembark Enchantment right now and they said Chops is $25 on that ship now. We paid $20 two years ago.

We paid $20 each on Enchantment just 3 months ago. We're planning on eating there with a party of 8 this Saturday. Even at $25 each it will still be worth it. The worst part will be deciding what to eat since there is so much on the menu that tastes great.

I started another thread because I didn't know this thread existed. We just returned from a B2B on the Navigator. We ate at Chops the last night of the leg that started 12/8/2007 and paid $20. The price increase went into effect the next day for the leg that started 12/13/2007. We would still go back for $25.

Tim

We ate at oceanliners on constellation last year. $30 pp and worth every penny. Food was amazing. But the prices of wine were outrageous cheapest bottle was $45, I can get the same bottle at home for $15........I'm still planning to go to portofino's on this coming cruise $20 or $25 it's still worth it. Food is sooo much better than DR.

Hey does anyone know if you can reserve the SR before boarding?:confused:

Archived