Going on the Pride: Hard time finding hotel in Long Beach. Please help

imdreaming

I need to find a hotel in Long beach for our pre-night stay for our cruise in February. I need a hotel room that will accomadate 6. If I'm really lucky, I can find a family suite. But most likely I will have to get two rooms. I need the free park, free shuttle, and free breakfast would really be nice. I hate going through the mass of hotel reservations sites. I really prefer going through actually hotel websites or the actually phone numbers of the hotels to talk to them personally. I'm hoping to get a room or rooms for under $150.00. Is that possible? I don't needed something fancy . Just clean and safe. Any reccomadations?thankyou for any help. jill

I really like Coast Long Beach hotel but I keep hotel reservation sites that say it's booked. I need a phone number. It does look expensive though, It is a holiday on Monday February 14th and Valentimes day. So I'm anxious to get a reservation somewhere.

Imdreaming: We have stayed at both Best Western Sunrise Inn and Sheraton Los Angeles Harbor Hotel. Best Western is continental breakfast only, but there is a restuarant right next door. Sheraton includes a fabulous buffet breakfast, bottle of wine and both include parking and shuttle to the pier. Sheraton is more pricey of course, but you may be able to get that family suite from them. I believe both are on the internet, but do not list the park and sail package. Also when I called the 800 number for Sheraton they could not find a park and sail package, but if you call the Harbor hotel directly they know about it! :D We just booked them for the end of November. Also, do a search, on this board, for hotels in Long Beach or San Pedro and you might some other ideas. Good luck.

GuestHouse international Hotel has a park and cruise package, about $75 per room. I'm booked there for this Saturday night. Never been there. It's suppose to be a 3 star and have a nice garden and pool area. Average, but decent rooms. 2 rooms should fit into your $150 budget.

The rest of the hotels I research seemed to start at $99 and up... most around the $150 per room per night range.

You have to call the Long Beach hotel directly for the Park and Cruise package.

www.guesthouselb.com

If you're adventurous, try priceline.com. Although you can't pick exactly wich hotel you want, you can get some awesome deals and this might make up for breakfast and a cab ride. We stayed at the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel which is a 4 star and got it for $55. We had breakfast at McDonalds so our hotel and breakfast came to about $65 altogether.

When we sailed on the Pride in May, we did a priceline looking for a 4 star and 3 star hotel. We wanted to stay in LA and then supershuttle took us to the dock the morning of the sailing. It went very smoothly. We were able to land the 3 star LA Hilton at the airport for $40 a night plus tax. That did not include breakfast but it was beautiful.

Try priceline for Long Beach starting at 4 star and then move to 3 star and you should be able to land something you can afford. There are a lot of really nice hotels in the Long Beach area. We got to the pier before 10 in the morning, did the early check-in at the Queen Mary and by 11:00 we were online to get on the ship. At noon, the doors opened up and swish, we were onboard by around 12:30. Good luck in your hunt for a hotel. I really think you should give Priceline a try. It worked out really well for us.

Darlene:)

Hi.... We are booked at the Guesthouse for our 10/10 Pride cruise. Will you e-mail me when you get back and let me know what you thought of the hotel? My e-mail addy is tracielynn@cox.net. I would really appreciate it. I have heard that it is a pretty nice hotel, and you cannot beat the price. Any info would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tracie

Priceline only guarantees double occupancy, so you could end up with a

room(s) with only one bed, so be careful.

I was going to stay at Guesthouse Int'l with their park and sail package until I read a review where one family had to wait a while for the shuttle from their hotel. I don't remember if it was Guesthouse Int'l, but the shuttle was a mini-van and it could only take a limited number of people each trip. If you have six people, that is a full load just for your group. I have 5 in my group, so I'm going to park at the pier instead of waiting for the shuttle to/from the ship.

Most of the suites that can accommodate six people are closer to Anaheim and they are pretty affordable. Do you belong to AAA? Get their tourbook. Most of the travel websites don't offer the two room suites, so you need to know which hotels have these rooms and you can contact them directly.

Have fun.

We got the Long Beach Hyatt Regency on priceline.com for $50 and it's right across from the pier. We took pictures of the Pride and Queen Mary from our room- awesome view. The night before, we walked across the street to eat at the Yard House- yumm! You can't go wrong with priceline.

The member review where I read about the minivan shuttle was not for the Guest House Int'l, but the person suggested asking in advance how big the shuttle was. I called Guest House and their shuttle is a 7 passenger minivan. I just hope all the luggage fits.

Just so you know.

I really like Coast Long Beach hotel but I keep hotel reservation sites that say it's booked. I need a phone number. It does look expensive though, It is a holiday on Monday February 14th and Valentimes day. So I'm anxious to get a reservation somewhere.

Coast Long Beach Hotel

700 Queensway Drive

Long Beach, CA, 90802

Ph. (562) 435-7676

Fax. (562) 437-0866

Res 1-800-716-6199

http://www.coasthotels.com/home/sites/longbeach/

We stayed at the Downtown Holiday Inn - nice enough and had a pool. The shuttle was a mini van and we had 8 people and lots of luggage. That driver got all of us plus our luggage in - my DD sat on my SIL's lap but we got there. It was $99.00 and we parked for free.

The member review where I read about the minivan shuttle was not for the Guest House Int'l, but the person suggested asking in advance how big the shuttle was. I called Guest House and their shuttle is a 7 passenger minivan. I just hope all the luggage fits.

Just so you know.

The van can always make two trips if needed....it really isn't that far to the pier. :)

• 2 weeks later...

carrolldf

Have not forgotten, but could not find you after the board changes!

We're ready for the party in SA.

Oct. 2, 2004 at Champs on IH10 West between Huebner and De Zavala.

If you e-mail me, I'll send along the info.

It would help if I had your e-mail address as it is the easiest way for me to get in touch with everyone!

Thanks,

Lois

GuestHouse International Hotel is a Great Hotel in a nice area of Long Beach. Very good value for the money. Three Stars.

Our room was a clean very average nice room. They have upgraded rooms with jacuzies as well. Ours encluded all the emenities:

refrigerator, air, full bath/shower, queen bed, TV,

desk & chair, sitting chair, coffee maker w/coffee, nintendo.

The pool and courtyard was very nice! We spent about 5-6 hours there, as did many of the Guests. The Hotel was sold out. The shuttle to the Long Beach cruise terminal was fine. The shuttle holds 6 but probably doesn't have room for luggage of 6 people (Honda Odesy). Save time, take a taxi back after the cruise (about $15 - $20).

This hotel is close by to shopping:

Sears, Target, Ralphs, and lots of other stores and restuarants nearby.

Are you on the 2/13/05 sailing on the Pride? So are we! Can't wait.

Prices seem high for that weekend because of valentine's day. Also, Queen Mary is already booked for that weekend. Think we are going to do the Hyatt. Not going to do Priceline though because I have a $75.00 Hyatt coupon.

carrolldf

Have not forgotten, but could not find you after the board changes!

We're ready for the party in SA.

Oct. 2, 2004 at Champs on IH10 West between Huebner and De Zavala.

If you e-mail me, I'll send along the info.

It would help if I had your e-mail address as it is the easiest way for me to get in touch with everyone!

Thanks,

Lois

Lois -- You have email turned off in your profile. I can be reached at carrolldf@[removethispart]hotmail.com.

Archived