Last night on the Sun 12/28. EVER!!!!!

WK-Orlando

LOL....of course they do, I raised them right. :D

They also know all the words to Cococabana, Paradise by the Dashboard lights and we have been known to belt out the chorus of Mcgarthur Park...'Someone left the cake out in the RAIN...".....:D

They know allllll about cornball music. Great kids.

Paradise by the Dashboard Light is NOT cornball ;) :D :D It's a classic. :D

Paradise by the Dashboard Light is NOT cornball ;) :D :D It's a classic. :D

I used to live in a duplex with a couple of friends, and without fail, by the end of a 'social' evening, we would end up singing along to 'Paradise by the Dashboard Light'. (I can still do the radio part by memory!) One day we were outside with our upstairs neighbors, and one said, 'You guys sure like that Meatloaf song, don't you?' ha ha ha ha ha We immediately apologized, of course, not having realized they could hear us, but they just laughed and said it was okay... although they did say that if we hadn't been able to sing on tune, they would have brought it to our attention MUCH earlier!! :p

I think that what it comes down to as - there's a way to say it, and there's a way not to say it. When the subject of the post is "LAST TIME ON THIS FRIGGEN SHIP EVER" or whatever the subject is, and then you go on to read it, and the overall tone of the post is incredibly negative, than it comes off as being nitpicky and more like it's a person who doesn't know how to roll with the punches and have fun.

Is the stuff accurate? Probably. I believe that the poster disliked the food. I believe that they didn't have variety at breakfast every morning (and I can't remember the last time I was a ship where they had variety at breakfast). I also believe they will never sail on NCL again.

But it's the overall tone that makes me discredit his entire review.

my own family cruising video montage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxvTbHZ-Klg

Thank you so much for sharing!! I actually had tears in my eyes watching - I'm strongly affected by happiness!! :p You have a really beautiful family, and are clearly a very happy one!! That young man with the 'permasmile' is truly inspiring!! If ever there was a testament to why families should cruise, this is it!! :)

Of course. The anthem of 197asdkjfhaklhkjahsdf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ns8t9iQck

Pete <====Feeling like the Derf of UTube tonight.

Ya know, Pete, I was just thinking of calling you the "UTube Derf" - but you beat me to it! This is the fourth link I've clicked from you today!

Thank you so much for sharing!! I actually had tears in my eyes watching - I'm strongly affected by happiness!! :p You have a really beautiful family, and are clearly a very happy one!! That young man with the 'permasmile' is truly inspiring!! If ever there was a testament to why families should cruise, this is it!! :)

Thanks! The permasmile belongs to my Elijah. He loves cruising as much as all of us put together.

It's funny how we all read things differently. I took the above comments by the OP to be a criticism of the way the food was prepared and served. I don't think he would be complaining about having the same food every morning if it was cooked properly and served hot.

I also don't feel he didn't know what the items on the menu were (since the menus were boring), just that what arrived was a poor representation of what it was supposed to be.

Of course, if I were looking for somethng to pick apart in order to discredit the review....:rolleyes:

Not difficult to understand...."The menus were boring and many items not recognizable". = "defying recognition!

I don't know about you BUT...I've never had an item on a menu that was "not recognizable":rolleyes:

yea, I got left on that list as well. With my big mouth who could forget????

Nita

LOL...Nita I love your big mouth;) It's a very informative mouth.

Sorry, I posted fast and just named off the "top of my head".

By the time I get to the amount of cruises that you people have cruised....I'll be too old to type:eek: ...but, I'll keep enjoying those cruises:)

hmm..."rotten" cruise. Pretty hard to have a rotten time on vacation unless you really try. We were on the SUN last year, and absolutely loved every second of it -- even the food. The buffet was great, food was hot, and selection was plentiful. We didn't find the menu items boring at all. Better than me cooking at home, that's for sure (and I like to cook).

Not difficult to understand...."The menus were boring and many items not recognizable". = "defying recognition!

I don't know about you BUT...I've never had an item on a menu that was "not recognizable":rolleyes:

Maybe they were serving fancy stuff like beef stroganoff? :p

Food is so subjective, I often wonder why people bother to review it. It's one thing to complain about the way it is prepared, it's another to complain about the selection.

For Christmas we always serve a tenderloin of beef. My SIL came this year with a bag of frozen chicken nuggets which she prepared and served to my niece. She is nearly 11! With that kind of accomodating going on, I am sure my niece will one day be posting here with complaints about the food on a cruise ship. "There were NO chicken nuggets offered unless I wanted to order off the children's menu. That's outragous"

Our last cruise was on Celebrity - 8 day Mex Riviera out of San Diego. I did not run into any of the stuck-up people - I found the passenger mix to be identical to NCL and Carnival.

Gonna agree with Salty here. I have cruised on all the mass marketed cruise lines. Snooty people on Celebrity . . . . never saw or met one. Yahoo's on Carnival . . . . . . never saw or met one. Or either on any of the lines I have cruised. Of course, that could be because I truly try not to judge people. . . . . with the possible exception of rude people.

For Christmas we always serve a tenderloin of beef. My SIL came this year with a bag of frozen chicken nuggets which she prepared and served to my niece. She is nearly 11! With that kind of accomodating going on, I am sure my niece will one day be posting here with complaints about the food on a cruise ship. "There were NO chicken nuggets offered unless I wanted to order off the children's menu. That's outragous"

But at least she'll always know that her Auntie cared enough to make her feel great on Christmas.

Thanks for another sunshine-y post!

Sorry that you had a bad cruise, have never been on NCL but buffet breakfast is buffet breakfast as others have said. Go out to a buffet restaurant and the same items will be there as well. And who told you that NCL was beter than Princess? To some I am sure it is but in general I do not think they are listed as the same type of cruise.

I see you do not like Carnival either which is a shame because we had a great cruise on Carnival last year. Liked it alot better than our last RCCL trip. It was alot more family oriented than RC. RC pushes drinking more than Carnival along with other things.

I believe we will enjoy our cruise whether it is out first or only NCL cruise.

Maybe they were serving fancy stuff like beef stroganoff? :p

Food is so subjective, I often wonder why people bother to review it. It's one thing to complain about the way it is prepared, it's another to complain about the selection.

Interesting you would mention beef Stroganoff. Not long ago someone on CC was griping about NCL serving Beef Stronanoff. He claimed it is just a crappy meal similar to what one would get at Denny's. No way did he beleive anyone that Beef Stro, was considered boarder line gourmet, if prepared correctly.

AS for your niece, what a shame. We were talking about this after church. one of the gals mentioned her grandson visiting over the holidays and his mommy allowing him to only eat what he wanted, including cold cereal for dinner. OK, he is only 6 years old, but I have a problem with kids dictation to their parents.

Nita

Gonna agree with Salty here. I have cruised on all the mass marketed cruise lines. Snooty people on Celebrity . . . . never saw or met one. Yahoo's on Carnival . . . . . . never saw or met one. Or either on any of the lines I have cruised. Of course, that could be because I truly try not to judge people. . . . . with the possible exception of rude people.

I must depend on each of sailing and experience, we did find the snootiest cruisers on Celebrity, not our 5 day, but our 7 day cruise. We expected it on HAL but everyone was friendly and accommodating. The type of cruiser was different from NCL but certainly friendly.

Nita

Archived